Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email sent. Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in love with my S25 for so long, but for a few recent trips it was a tad small and the lack of clamshell exasperated this a bit. Would love to get a chance to give this a spin. Although knowing my luck, it’ll never be me!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email sent along with some cookies for @countron. Computers love cookies! (And I’m not above a little bribery)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any specs on the bags’ dimensions? Smilie

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the pics on FB--and am curious b/c it wasn't super clear--is the dedicated laptop compartment accessible from a dedicated outside zipper?

Regardless, I know this bag had been teased earlier, so I'm very excited for this to finally be released. Hopefully in black halcyon some bright interior color in addition to the ballistic nylons.

I just entered for the opportunity to have an early look. Thanks for the chance!

Best,
    -Jonathan

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the the review on reddit. 4 1/2 years with the Brain Bag. It still holds up great, but I could use a 2nd smaller bag, now that my life is somewhat different.

To clarify, is it 7 bags total sent out, of either the 22 or the 30 (based on whichever size the selected reviewer chose)?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To everyone who has entered so far: thank you. Early reviews help people decide if a bag is right for them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlysaltybagman View Post
    Thank you Darcy, I've been waiting for this for a while! My first forum post was actually detailing the desire for this kind of bag.

I would review the hell out of this backpack, and I hope countron does me well..
    I remember that! And I trust you'd write up a great review. When people applied to review the Luminary, there were so many compelling comments/reasons why they'd be the right people to review the bag. It would have been a difficult choice, so in a way it's a relief to rely on the neutrality of Countron's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Email sent along with some cookies for @countron. Computers love cookies! (And I’m not above a little bribery)
    Well, Countron is one of the few programs that doesn't already have cookies...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    Are there any specs on the bags’ dimensions? Smilie
    Not quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    I saw the pics on FB--and am curious b/c it wasn't super clear--is the dedicated laptop compartment accessible from a dedicated outside zipper?
    Yes, it's dual-accessl laptop compartment: one access is from an exterior zipper (bigger laptops will need to do a two-point turn to get in/out this way) and the other is from the interior main compartment.
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-24-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanSaladTosser View Post
    To clarify, is it 7 bags total sent out, of either the 22 or the 30 (based on whichever size the selected reviewer chose)?
    7 bags total, and 4 of those bags will be whichever size received the most entries.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    🤞This may very well be my new perpetual travel one bag.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link mentioned:

https://old.reddit.com/r/onebag/comm..._bihn_bag_for/

I submitted my entry, I love my s25 but I have been dying for the clamshell, so this was a welcome surprise today! Good luck everyone.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

What a great idea! I have owned both the S19 and S25 but this new bag looks and sounds amazing!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes, it's dual-accessl laptop compartment: one access is from an exterior zipper (bigger laptops will need to do a two-point turn to get in/out this way) and the other is from the interior main compartment.
    Wow. That's actually pretty innovative--have not run across that feature before. Trying to think of the use case when I'd need both access points...but regardless, very interesting.

Sounds like the S25 frame sheet won't fit there unless there's a flap for it in the laptop "door" though. I love that frame sheet...or is there going to be a built in frame sheet?!

So many mysteries on this one.

EDIT: Frame sheet included. Smilie
    Last edited by experimentjon; 07-18-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, a clamshell + laptop slot version of the Synapse would/will be sweet.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me yesterday: I really want to replace my current backpack that I use for overnight trips, but I want a clamshell opening and need a laptop area.

Me this morning: How quickly can I send the email?!

This bag looks really nice from the pictures I saw on Reddit. Good luck everyone!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am excited for this bag. Good luck to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast