Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooo, exciting. I've used my S19 for several trips, a clamshell opening would've been very useful. I'll start saving my pennies immediately!! 😁

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds great, I carry a laptop for work everyday and the 22 looks like a sweet spot. I hope it comes in Coyote!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super interested in the 30, sounds great.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Sent my email...this may be my unicorn bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I've been optimizing my shopping cart for a Synapse 25 for the past week and a half. Something just didn't feel right to me, so I decided to wait to place the order until Sunday so I could keep thinking about it. Then I look at the forum (hi - long time lurker) and see this! Amazing.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Wow! I've been optimizing my shopping cart for a Synapse 25 for the past week and a half. Something just didn't feel right to me, so I decided to wait to place the order until Sunday so I could keep thinking about it. Then I look at the forum (hi - long time lurker) and see this! Amazing.
    Welcome @mike42! (nice number, btw) Glad you decided to de-lurk and join the excitement
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already sold after seeing the post on Reddit, but I'll be looking forward to the forum reviews (hopefully I'll be one of them, fingers crossed).

I know Alphaviolet is probably being phased out already, but I will be everyone at Tom Bihn's best friend if you release the 30 in Alphaviolet at least once.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was going to get a Synapse 25 (in addition to my Synapse 19) for my upcoming trip in September. Now I will wait for the 30 to come out!.

Super ecstatic about the clamshell!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clamshell zipper for the main compartment seems really cool! I'm excited to see more from both the 22 and 30 versions of the bags.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the understanding that the fit on the back will be as follows: Synapse 19 = Synik 22, Synapse 25 = Synik 30? Or would these have entirely new dimensions for fit?

Intrigued to try one but want to write to the correct email in regards to sizing.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting into bag reviews, checked out the Synapse 19 when I was in the showroom a few weeks ago. It felt pretty good, but I wished it had a thin laptop compartment/sleeve for documents so the Cache wasn't necessary. From the pics I've seen of the Synik it seems like the laptop compartment will be a little looser than the Cache but I like that. Gives you more flexibility with the space.

I wish I could be there on Saturday but I've already got plans!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums, everybody! It looks like this announcement has brought in a lot of new people (or encouraged lurkers to create accounts--either one is cool).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpigg View Post
    Is the understanding that the fit on the back will be as follows: Synapse 19 = Synik 22, Synapse 25 = Synik 30? Or would these have entirely new dimensions for fit?

Intrigued to try one but want to write to the correct email in regards to sizing.
    @cyberpigg, I haven't seen the official measurements but my Synik 22 just arrived a few minutes ago (so excited to try this out!) and I can tell you that the back panel measurements are nearly identical with the measurements of my Synapse 19's back panel.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone please come help me off the floor so I can enter...
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Welcome to the Forums, everybody! It looks like this announcement has brought in a lot of new people (or encouraged lurkers to create accounts--either one is cool).
    Long time admirer of the Tom Bihns and have had an eye on the Synapse for quite some time, but could never commit because it just wasnt there for me. However, the Synik 22 or 30 might actually be something I finally pick up! This announcement definitely caused me to finally sign up and make an account!

Hello everyone!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    Wow. That's actually pretty innovative--have not run across that feature before. Trying to think of the use case when I'd need both access points...but regardless, very interesting.

Sounds like the S25 frame sheet won't fit there unless there's a flap for it in the laptop "door" though. I love that frame sheet...or is there going to be a built in frame sheet?!

So many mysteries on this one.

EDIT: Frame sheet included.
    I'm actually editing the Synik FAQ today, so thanks for asking these questions.

We included two different access points for the laptop compartment because:
    We figured some people would prefer the main compartment access and others would prefer the exterior side access in general and that there's various situations in which one might be more handy than the other, for example:

• When you're on an airplane and the Synik is stowed under the seat in front of you, it's easiest to access your laptop from the main compartment.
    • If you're at work, or on transit, or at a cafe, you might put the bag on your lap sideways and access the laptop from the exterior access.

The main compartment access to the laptop compartment does have a zipper open/closure. It's a plastic zipper/zipper slider (unlikely to scratch anything) and can be left open if one prefers open-access to the compartment.

The internal frame will be included with the Synik and it has its own integrated spot where it pops into the back panel. It's still removable though just in case anyone doesn't want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel55 View Post
    This sounds great, I carry a laptop for work everyday and the 22 looks like a sweet spot. I hope it comes in Coyote!
    Speaking of Coyote: we won't be offering the Synik in a Guide's Edition for a while longer because we plan to add 525d in Coyote (early next year). Once we have our 525d in Coyote, we can make a full-Coyote Synik.

Quote Originally Posted by matrox View Post
    I know Alphaviolet is probably being phased out already, but I will be everyone at Tom Bihn's best friend if you release the 30 in Alphaviolet at least once.
    I hope Aubergine/Northwest Sky is close enough! We've already cut the pre-production batch of Syniks and the colors have been decided. No Alphaviolet, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpigg View Post
    @aedifica answered this mostly but I'll add: the only dimension that's changed in the 22 and the 30 is an increase in depth to ensure the clamshell is deep enough to be useful. That depth accounts for the difference in liters.
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast