Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by just4l0lz View Post
    Long time admirer of the Tom Bihns and have had an eye on the Synapse for quite some time, but could never commit because it just wasnt there for me. However, the Synik 22 or 30 might actually be something I finally pick up! This announcement definitely caused me to finally sign up and make an account!

Hello everyone!!
    Welcome to you and everyone else encouraged to make an account because of the Synik!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Speaking of Coyote: we won't be offering the Synik in a Guide's Edition for a while longer because we plan to add 525d in Coyote (early next year). Once we have our 525d in Coyote, we can make a full-Coyote Synik.
    Oh my god, 525d Coyote might be my favorite part of this whole announcement.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm actually editing the Synik FAQ today, so thanks for asking these questions.
    I hope Aubergine/Northwest Sky is close enough!
    If this bag didn't already make me want it then I'd be a goner Heart Eyes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of my Synapse complaints:
    * The bag mostly falls down when set to the ground; a frame sheet improves chances of it standing-up, but not always. This looks addressed here, correct?
    * The shoulder straps are too slippery. If I wear he bag over a puffy, one-shouldering it is impossible. It slides off right away. And if I am carrying, for example, a tote bag or if my GF wants to carry a purse while also wearing the Synapse, the shoulder straps offer no grip at all. Is this also changed?

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    525d coyote.... Excellent news, but do I have the patience to wait for it next year (probably not)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pott View Post
    Two of my Synapse complaints:
    * The bag mostly falls down when set to the ground; a frame sheet improves chances of it standing-up, but not always. This looks addressed here, correct?
    * The shoulder straps are too slippery. If I wear he bag over a puffy, one-shouldering it is impossible. It slides off right away. And if I am carrying, for example, a tote bag or if my GF wants to carry a purse while also wearing the Synapse, the shoulder straps offer no grip at all. Is this also changed?
    Sorry to be a downer, but no to both of those.

Though there's padding on the bottom of the Synik, it's there to protect the zippers. It maybe kinda makes it slightly easier for the bag to stand up on its own w/the internal frame + packed so there's not a lot of weight in the front pockets, but just maybe kinda.

If you find the current shoulder straps to feel slippery when one-shouldering it and wearing a puffy or shell, you will also find the Edgeless straps to feel slippery.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last couple of work trips made me want a dedicated laptop location and a slightly larger bag for travel. The Synik 30 would be amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing the new straps that were mentioned.
    Now I am patiently waiting for my email to come this weekend. I would love to review the new bag and bonus I do live only 15 minutes from the Tom Bihn warehouse. Since I'm missing the open house on Saturday, I'll have to stop by next week to see the new bag. Heart Eyes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in! I have been using a Synapse 25 for work carry and as a travel bag for 2-3 years and I can fulfill all the other requirements. Fun!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Another long time lurker. Last few months have been looking for just the right bag for everyday use (needs to handle two small laptops), and to carry the essentials+photo gear when I travel. Looked at everything out there, and I really like the Tom Bihn's designs and colorways (tired of black, gray, and another black) and overall philosophy.

I had reluctantly settling in on the brain bag as my least objectionable option. Main issues were size (was hoping for something a bit smaller), the two small compartments vs one big one, and lack of clamshell access (osteoarthritis makes poking around deep pockets a painful process).

The Synik 30 looks likes it is exactly what I have been looking for...I've sent my email in for the review units (fingers crossed), but I'll be waiting for pre-orders to open up if not.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought FIVE Synapse 25s and ONE Synapse 19 from TB over the years, so it's safe to say I'm a Synapse fan! And I've never been this excited about a TB debut like I have with the Synik. With the new colors and materials of late, and NOW the laptop compartment, extra main compartment space, softer shoulder straps, updated grab handle, and changes in the positioning of O-rings (I believe), I'm so looking forward to this debut! It's good to be excited in life. Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed I've been a lurker and this announcement was great motivation to sign up for an account. I've been researching bags for something like the synapse 25 but with luggage pass thru so I was very happy to stumble upon this announcement.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by just4l0lz View Post
    Long time admirer of the Tom Bihns and have had an eye on the Synapse for quite some time, but could never commit because it just wasnt there for me. However, the Synik 22 or 30 might actually be something I finally pick up! This announcement definitely caused me to finally sign up and make an account!

Hello everyone!!
    Hello and welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I've been one of those pesky lurkers for the last year too! I'm (like a lot of you) a bit of a bag-obsessive. It's a treat that TB are releasing a backpack with a laptop compartment because that's all the Synapse was missing for my use.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to be an interesting new bag. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I am curious what is the origin of the Synik name?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is exactly what my husband needs!! He occasionally uses my S25, but always comments that he needs something to hold his laptop. Cant wait for the debut-maybe I can finally gift him a TB bag! So far, hes only kept the accessories (travel tray, snake charmer) Ive gifted him

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast