Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to contribute a review of an upcoming backpack design?

***Thank you to everyone who entered to receive a Synik for review. The window in which to enter to receive a Synik for review has closed.***

We’ve long known that the bag overviews/reviews (text, photo, video) provided by our volunteer Forum moderators are super useful to you guys when you’re trying to figure out if a bag is right for you or not.

In an effort to get even more points of view out here on the Forums in advance of our last major pre-order/debut (the Luminary), we gave away several bags to randomly chosen Forum members who pledged to author an overview/review and post it here on the Forums. That, we think, worked out great: you can read the resulting user reviews of the Luminary here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.)

We’d like to do this again for our next pre-order/debut which is tentatively scheduled for sometime in August.

The details:

What we’re giving away is a different edition of the Synapse — named the Synik — to seven Forum members (to be clear: we’re giving away 7 bags total) randomly chosen by @Countron (a computer program) to members who:

• Already have a Synapse 19 or 25, or who had wanted to get one but wished it had a clamshell main compartment zipper opening or a dedicated spot for a laptop.
    • Speaking of the clamshell main compartment zipper and that dedicated spot for a laptop: we want to make sure these bags go to people who are excited about and wanted those two features. (Note: these are not the only features that are different in the Synik.)
    • Can post a text + photo (video is optional) review of the bag they receive in the week between when the pages debut and the pre-order opens. Again, that’ll be sometime in August; we’ll let you know the specific date. You don’t need to show us your review before you post it. We'd like you to post your review in the Bag Reviews sub-Forum.
    • Will author a review that includes what works for them about the design as well as what doesn’t work for them.
    • Will ask us (Nik, Darcy, and Tom) questions they have about the design, or questions they may have about why we included certain features but not others. This back-and-forth is super helpful to us.
    • Is able to post at least an initial review/overview by early August.

***Thank you to everyone who entered to receive a Synik for review. The window in which to enter to receive a Synik for review has closed.***

We continually debate whether to do this kind of thing because:
    Pro = Everyone can benefit from Forum community reviews!
    Con = Because we’re only able to give away seven bags total, the majority of people won’t be able to get a bag and some people might feel left out (even though the computer will be choosing who gets the bags!)

Ultimately, the pro outweighed the con with the early Luminary reviews, and so we’re going to try this experiment again: if you have feedback for us about this, or how it works, let us know here or send it to darcy@tombihn.com Our hope is that even those who aren’t selected to be given a bag will be glad for those who did get one and will find the reviews useful.

P.S. Our Seattle Factory Showroom is open this Saturday 07/20 from 10am - 2pm, and we'll have Syniks on hand for people to look at if they'd like.
    Last edited by Darcy; 07-21-2019 at 09:35 PM. Reason: The window in which to enter to receive a Synik for review has closed as of 8:35pm PT.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Darcy, I've been waiting for this for a while! My first forum post was actually detailing the desire for this kind of bag.

I would review the hell out of this backpack, and I hope countron does me well..

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had the Synapse 25 in mind for months and this addresses some of my concerns! I’ll be sending an email shortly.

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw pictures and a review of this new bag today on Reddit. Looks amazing, and I’m glad I held out so long on getting a Synapse because this looks like the perfect “one bag”!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exciting 22L could fill the void for people who found the 19 to small and the 25 to big. I’m personally excited for the 30L option as I find myself stuffing my 25 more and more.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neato. Email sent.

22L and full clamshell sounds like the cats’s meow!

Thank you for the post.

Steve

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat! Had no idea this one was coming down the pike. Email sent. Team Bihn is the coolest!!

ETA: Re-read Darcy's post and it specified that reviewers should be people who were looking for a dedicated laptop compartment. That's not me, so I'm stepping back. #readingcomprehension. Regardless, I'm always excited to see new TB designs! I hope this one's a home run!!
    Last edited by haraya; 07-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Email sent. Cool stuff!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    I saw pictures and a review of this new bag today on Reddit. Looks amazing, and I’m glad I held out so long on getting a Synapse because this looks like the perfect “one bag”!
    I have been contemplating adding a second S25 to my stable. This will put that plan on hold.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking to replace my S25 for all the reasons it looks like this bag will address

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all - I don’t know the forum policy on external links, but I was the person who originated the post on reddit. I’ve been lucky to have one of these in hand for about 2 weeks.

Am I allowed to post a link?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the opportunity! Email sent! I only been part of the TB group for a couple months and the only bag I know is my BB. I'm excited for the bag and for excited to hear people's thoughts on it. Good luck everyone!

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agland View Post
    Hey all - I don’t know the forum policy on external links, but I was the person who originated the post on reddit. I’ve been lucky to have one of these in hand for about 2 weeks.

Am I allowed to post a link?
    It's OK to post the link.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An exciting development! What a great concept for taking the aspects of the Synapse line to the next level. I was recently traveling with my S25 and wondering about small ways the bag could be improved for my uses as a personal item under the seat; the Synik looks really promising. Thanks to TB for the gracious opportunity and hats off for involving the customers/community so invitingly.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so exciting.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast