Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be possible to cram a Dell 5480 (Height 0.88" x Width: 13.1" x Depth: 9.0") into the laptop compartment of the Synik 22? I very much prefer the smaller Synik for my EDC.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted100 View Post
    Would it be possible to cram a Dell 5480 (Height 0.88" x Width: 13.1" x Depth: 9.0") into the laptop compartment of the Synik 22? I very much prefer the smaller Synik for my EDC.
    I also have a Dell, 13.03" x 8.8" x 0.70". I need to switch to a backpack from my Pilot, and I'm pretty sure the Synik 30 will be too big for me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I’m sure I’m not the only one who is this obsessed with getting a pre-order in on August 13th, which is why I’m comfortable asking this question again...I know no one on this thread is going to roll their eyes at this! Darcy, I know from an earlier reply that we typically don’t know the exact time pre-orders will open until closer to the actual date, BUT: I have to travel on August 13, and I have a choice of when to book my flight. (I can fly on the 12th instead, so that I can be stationery on the morning of the 13th. Or I can fly early morning on the 13th. But I have to be at my destination no later than 10 a.m. that day). I’ll absolutely travel a day ahead if it turns out that the pre-order window is going to open between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. EST on the 13th. So any sort of early guidance you can provide will help me know which flight to book...even if it’s just a “well, MJ, as far as I know right now, I’d definitely fly on the 12th if I were you”, or a “pretty sure that you can fly on the 13th within that window and be just fine.”. And, of course, I understand if even that isn’t possible at the moment.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    I also have a Dell, 13.03" x 8.8" x 0.70". I need to switch to a backpack from my Pilot, and I'm pretty sure the Synik 30 will be too big for me.
    Darcy gave the dimensions of the laptop compartment earlier in the thread:

Synik 22
    Maximum device dimensions for both the external and internal laptop compartment access points:
    12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75” / 314mm x 220mm x 19mm
    Example devices: the 2015 13” MacBook Pro Retina or the 12.9” iPad Pro (with the keyboard case) will fit in the Synik 22 laptop compartment.

Synik 30
    Maximum device dimensions for both the external and internal laptop compartment access points:
    14.15” x 9.75” x 0.75” / 359mm x 248mm x 19mm
    Example devices: the 2015 15” MacBook Pro Retina or the 2019 15” MacBook Pro Touchbar will fit in the Synik 30 laptop compartment.

Now, here’s where it gets a little interesting:
    If you’re trying to fit a laptop that’s on the larger end of what’s recommended as fitting in the Synik 22, you may find that — depending on the shape and proportions of the device — one access point works better for your device. For example: taller and thinner large laptops may fit better through the internal laptop compartment access point, whereas more square laptops (like the Surface Book 2) may angle in better through the external laptop compartment access point.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    So, I’m sure I’m not the only one who is this obsessed with getting a pre-order in on August 13th, which is why I’m comfortable asking this question again...I know no one on this thread is going to roll their eyes at this! Darcy, I know from an earlier reply that we typically don’t know the exact time pre-orders will open until closer to the actual date, BUT: I have to travel on August 13, and I have a choice of when to book my flight. (I can fly on the 12th instead, so that I can be stationery on the morning of the 13th. Or I can fly early morning on the 13th. But I have to be at my destination no later than 10 a.m. that day). I’ll absolutely travel a day ahead if it turns out that the pre-order window is going to open between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. EST on the 13th. So any sort of early guidance you can provide will help me know which flight to book...even if it’s just a “well, MJ, as far as I know right now, I’d definitely fly on the 12th if I were you”, or a “pretty sure that you can fly on the 13th within that window and be just fine.”. And, of course, I understand if even that isn’t possible at the moment.
    Maybe you have a family member or friend who could place the order for you?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy smokes this is dedication. Granted I haven't experienced a TB preorder, will they really "sell out" of the preorders that quickly? I envisioned the preorders being open for a week, but has past experience shown that if you don't order within minutes or within an hour you are out of luck?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is hard to tell how quickly items will sell out. My experience is that the supply will last for a couple of days at least but it might well happen that some colors or materials will sell out quicker. Thus, if you absolutely want a specific color than I would not hesitate to order it ASAP. Since there is such a broad range of colors and materials this time quantities in some groups might be rather limited. But Darcy might have more information on that to share. Donít forget: the Syniks will be coming back after the preorder batch is sold out.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Maybe you have a family member or friend who could place the order for you?
    Yes, my husband could do it, but he wouldn’t be able, in the moment, to make ‘second’, ‘third’, and/or ‘wow, I can’t believe all 3 of those are gone, I guess I”ll just wait’ decisions. But as a fallback, this is a good suggestion that for whatever reason hadn’t occurred to me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes, that’s true....I’m really focused on one particular color combo, and as you say, given how many choices there are, I can envision this being one of the ‘smaller batch’ runs.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I know that at least one reviewer has a Navy Parapack Synik! I got to see it last weekend and I loved how the parapack seemed to glow. (I'm going to be reviewing a Synik 22 in Nebulous Gray Ballistic/Island Halcyon, which is also a very pretty combination.)
    This YouTube review is a SY30 Black Parapack - he doesnít say much about the fabric because he is a new to Tom BIHN user and doesnít know what to compare it to - you can get a good sense of the fabric in this bag - https://youtu.be/r2WZS-E7dUo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo View Post
    Darcy gave the dimensions of the laptop compartment earlier in the thread:

Now, hereís where it gets a little interesting:
    If youíre trying to fit a laptop thatís on the larger end of whatís recommended as fitting in the Synik 22, you may find that ó depending on the shape and proportions of the device ó one access point works better for your device. For example: taller and thinner large laptops may fit better through the internal laptop compartment access point, whereas more square laptops (like the Surface Book 2) may angle in better through the external laptop compartment access point.

I'd like to see some examples of this.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shoplarry
    Good eye with the black parapack in the YouTube video. It has the steel parapack interior too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheuptick View Post
    Would really love to see Parapack pictures!
    I received a Navy/Steel Parapack Synik 30 and of course will post pictures as soon as I have the opportunity to do proper ones (I am travelling and testing the Synik right now!). As @aedifica has already said: Parapack has a very fine look and feel and I hope I can bring that out in the pictures in direct comparison with 525 Ballistic. In addition, the Navy is even more saturated and a bit darker than the 525 version. There is one small drawback: Since the bag is Parapack outside and inside it is a little heavier that the other versions.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers

So, Iím sure Iím not the only one who is this obsessed with getting a pre-order in on August 13th, which is why Iím comfortable asking this question again...I know no one on this thread is going to roll their eyes at this! Darcy, I know from an earlier reply that we typically donít know the exact time pre-orders will open until closer to the actual date, BUT: I have to travel on August 13, and I have a choice of when to book my flight. (I can fly on the 12th instead, so that I can be stationery on the morning of the 13th. Or I can fly early morning on the 13th. But I have to be at my destination no later than 10 a.m. that day). Iíll absolutely travel a day ahead if it turns out that the pre-order window is going to open between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. EST on the 13th. So any sort of early guidance you can provide will help me know which flight to book...even if itís just a ďwell, MJ, as far as I know right now, Iíd definitely fly on the 12th if I were youĒ, or a ďpretty sure that you can fly on the 13th within that window and be just fine.Ē. And, of course, I understand if even that isnít possible at the moment.
    I donít have any insider info, however, TB are in Seattle and usually preorders open sometime in the morning, Pacific time. So it would most likely happen after your 7-9am EST window. More like early afternoon.

Edited to add: while the initial offerings of smaller items like Cubelets and Travel Cubelets did sell out within just a couple of hours, larger and more expensive items are usually a bit slower to sell out. I would be surprised if the Syniks sold out on the first day.
    Last edited by Cristina; 07-31-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks yugo. I read that post earlier but was wondering how stretchable is the laptop compartment becaue it sounds like it will take in a larger laptop.

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast