Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Is there someone who owns the SN22 and the L12 and could say something about the straps? (I haven’t read the whole thread, sorry if this was asked before.) The straps of the L12 are lovely and smooth, but they’re not right for me - just the outer edges touch my body. Is this also an issue with the SN22? I really like the layout of the L12, but I’m thinking about passing it on because of the strap issue. I thought it would get better with wear, but it’s just not that comfortable to wear it over a longer time.
    The new straps are the same type of construction as the Luminary family, but thicker.
    If the issue for you is the edge touching vs the flat of the strap, then that's a bit of a separate thing... the curve of the straps and the angle by which they are attached is going to be a bit different by bag, so I think you'd have to try one on in order to tell
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it’s the edge issue. I know that it’s different from bag to bag, I just wondered if someone had this issue with the L12 and had the chance to try the SN22 already. I know that some people had the same issue with (some of?) the S19s in the past. The problem is, when you’re not in the US it’s very difficult to just try something out...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At a certain point, we find we have to limit the number of color options ó even with pre-orders, for which we offer the most color options.
    This is interesting! So do you already know which colors from the pre-order won't be available once the regular run starts?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it’s the edge issue. I know that it’s different from bag to bag, I just wondered if someone had this issue with the L12 and had the chance to try the SN22 already. I know that some people had the same issue with (some of?) the S19s in the past. The problem is, when you’re not in the US it’s very difficult to just try something out...
    I know, that's the tough part. Hopefully someone who has both and has your fit problem will chime in.
    Perhaps you can try to do a meetup with someone in your part of the country who gets one... that won't help you for the pre-order though.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there someone who owns the SN22 and the L12 and could say something about the straps? (I havenít read the whole thread, sorry if this was asked before.) The straps of the L12 are lovely and smooth, but theyíre not right for me - just the outer edges touch my body. Is this also an issue with the SN22? I really like the layout of the L12, but Iím thinking about passing it on because of the strap issue. I thought it would get better with wear, but itís just not that comfortable to wear it over a longer time.
    The straps on the S22 are definitely beefier than the L12. The S22 wears better because of this. I loaded both with the same items and although everything fit in the L12 it wasnít a comfortable carry. Hereís a pic of the straps of both side by side. The S22 is on top.

Here are both packs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    The straps on the S22 are definitely beefier than the L12. The S22 wears better because of this. I loaded both with the same items and although everything fit in the L12 it wasn’t a comfortable carry. Here’s a pic of the straps of both side by side. The S22 is on top.
    Thanks for taking the time to take some pics! Seems like you can’t really compare the straps directly.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to my Synik 30 review:

Tom Bihn Ė Synik 30 Review

I posted this in the photos, videos and reviews section of the forums, but also posting here in case it helps with any questions.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack
    Would all the Caches that fit in the Daylight Briefcase fit in the Synik 22?

Darcy answers:
    "Yes -- in the main compartment. Some of the Caches might fit in the laptop compartment itself, but most probably would need to go in the main compartment."

Quote Originally Posted by backpack
    Could o-rings be added to the frame pouch, in case one wants to remove the frame and use the pocket to hold a couple of organizer pouches for easy to retrieve stuff like paperwork.

I think it would be a great opportunity to design a portrait OP with a zipper at the shorter/vertical side instead of longitudinal/landscape side.

Darcy answers:
    "@Cristina covered some of this, and I’ll add:

Adding a zipper to the bottom of the pass-through/frame area would restrict the opening for the luggage handle. This could mean that some wider handles that can currently fit through that opening wouldn’t be able to.

You might be able to feel that zipper slider/pull (or O-rings) against your back.

I don’t mean to be a bummer about this. If you knew how, in the design process, each of us thinks of stuff like this only to realize (we think) it won’t work for one reason or another…. that’s a big part of it. Some days it can be discouraging and other days we can see it as a good thing to sort through all of the options by eliminating some."

Darcy, I completely understand about the design(s) restrictions.
    I posted, I think before Cristina, and, now, with more pictures, I totally get that it is not possible.

I love to see The Crew's design process, and I know that you are design geniuses because you can take ideas and make awesome bags and accessories from it.
    The Synik design is wonderful and extremely timely because the S22 looks like the perfect size, busy airports winding lines and other circumstances might call for a roller, so a pass through frame TB backpack is a dream come true.

2nd great design from Nik = 2 thumbs up!
    Last edited by backpack; 08-03-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its really wonderful to see a company engage so much with its user base.

Is it too late to request for an airflow channel to be added to the back panel?
    I have personally suffered the heat trapping effect of the mesh on the synapse 25 in warmer climates. I have seen it mentioned in many reviews as well.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Katsage;178512]
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    Itís not too boxy once you start playing with it. At first it did seem to look a little weird but once I started packing it with stuff it started to look like the Synapse only a little wider.

Can you do me a favor tuskegee7294? I would like to use this as a 1 bag carry for minimalist travel, but it is smaller than I was looking for. Do you have packing cubes? Would you do a post on the SN22 with how they fit in the main compartment? Please. From the photos it could work.

Thanks so much. Smilie
    Here you go. The packing cubes used are one from REI that has my dresses (3), sleepwear and swimwear in and the PCSB which houses my undergarments. The PCSB fit inside the elastic pouch and the other one in the main compartment.

This is the S22 fully loaded with the two packing cubes (inside), 3DOC (lower pocket), TT (side pocket) and 11Ē iPad Pro (laptop pocket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. I do have a question about the REI cube. What size is it? REI has a 3 pack the large is 14 X 10 X 6.25 and medium is 11.75 X 7.75 X 6.25. Which size is it you used? Trying to determine if my eagle creak small cubes would work.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the squarer shape these two bags have. HAs anyone who has tested the bag tried to put the SN30 under the seat of an airplane? Sorry if I missed it in these pages, I skimmed through them all and saw only where it looked like
    someone showed the SN22

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcanf View Post
    I like the squarer shape these two bags have. HAs anyone who has tested the bag tried to put the SN30 under the seat of an airplane?
    There's a picture of an SN30 under what looks like a plane seat in this review:

https://www.allspoken.com/2019/07/to...-extended.html

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - for some reason I thought the bag under the airline seat was a picture of the S25 that the article had been talking about before it got to the SN30

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry old 17 inch laptop to work in 17b cache.
    Would Synik 30 fit the 17b cache in the main compartment?

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast