Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuskegee7294, HOW did you get 3 dresses into the packing cube, and how do you deal with wrinkles? All the packable dresses I find seem to be rayon, which wrinkles as soon as you look at it.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Tuskegee7294, HOW did you get 3 dresses into the packing cube, and how do you deal with wrinkles? All the packable dresses I find seem to be rayon, which wrinkles as soon as you look at it.
    They are light-weight dresses and although they do wrinkle I just iron them at the hotel. I can pack my other sundresses which donít wrinkle but they donít have pockets lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hereís the full list:

Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    Black 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Mars Red 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Aubergine 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack
    Black Parapack/Steel Parapack
    Black 400 Halcyon/NW Sky 200 Halcyon

Sorry, I'm only just catching up! How does 525 ballistic compare to parapack and halcyon? I LOVE halcyon's light weight, and silky-but-toughness. I did try a Parental Unit in 1050 ballistic and I'm sorry, I REALLY disliked it. It was stiff and unforgiving and rough. I returned it.

I don't like black or very dark blue (they really heat up in the sun, not that we see much of that here in SW PA), and am interested in other colors, like nebulous grey and deep blue, esp. with Iberian ! Will you eventually have other halcyon or parapack colors, or will you be focusing primarily on ballistic?
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pockets are a must. They wouldn't THINK of making men's pants without pockets, why do they leave them off women's clothes?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm only just catching up! How does 525 ballistic compare to parapack and halcyon? I LOVE halcyon's light weight, and silky-but-toughness.
    I would recommend asking TB customer service for a few fabric samples so you can compare them! You might also find it helpful to look around the Forums here for discussions about the two fabrics, for example @tpnl's post comparing them.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I would recommend asking TB customer service for a few fabric samples so you can compare them! You might also find it helpful to look around the Forums here for discussions about the two fabrics, for example @tpnl's post comparing them.
    Thanks, will do!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm only just catching up! How does 525 ballistic compare to parapack and halcyon? I LOVE halcyon's light weight, and silky-but-toughness. I did try a Parental Unit in 1050 ballistic and I'm sorry, I REALLY disliked it. It was stiff and unforgiving and rough. I returned it.

I don't like black or very dark blue (they really heat up in the sun, not that we see much of that here in SW PA), and am interested in other colors, like nebulous grey and deep blue, esp. with Iberian ! Will you eventually have other halcyon or parapack colors, or will you be focusing primarily on ballistic?
    I donít have anything in parapack, but I have bags in all the other fabrics. I find the 525 to be a nice middle ground. Itís more structured than the halcyon but more flexible than the 1050 ballistic. I have an S25 in the in the deep blue / Iberian combo and have been really happy with that bag. I think you would enjoy it unless you plan to really stuff it full regularly, in which case the halcyon becomes a bit more packable.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I find the 525 to be a nice middle ground. It’s more structured than the halcyon but more flexible than the 1050 ballistic.
    Same situation and very happy with 525 ballistic exterior for everyday bags for a bit some structure/rigidity than halcyon, but still good flexibility compared to 1050 ballistic.

Interested though to hear what are people’s views on halcyon vs 210 ballistic for interior material?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Interested though to hear what are people’s views on halcyon vs 210 ballistic for interior material?
    Note that the exterior halcyon is 400d vs the interior material is 200d.

The 200d halcyon and 210d ballistic are similar... There's some subtle differences in the 'hand' of the materials by colour (due to the finishing process) that @Darcy elaborated on elsewhere, but they're reasonably functionally equivalent as bag liners.
    The halcyon has the woven grid pattern that the ballistics don't, so that's the most obvious visual difference.

If you haven't had time to yet, check out the Material Glossary for more technical details
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

For interiors, you're mostly picking based on colour (what you like) and whether or not you prefer a dark or light interior. Some folks don't like the darker interior colours as they find it harder to find things/see inside.

I like both materials... since the 210d ballistics are newer to TB, some of the excitement about them is the newness factor and the solid colour appearance vs the grid lines... the disco'd halcyon's are still my favorites (original Nordic, Fjord, Zest, Monarch, Solar, Steel, etc) but I do love Dawn
    Last edited by G42; 08-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some photos of the Synik 30 from a trip to the beach this afternoon.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Note that the exterior halcyon is 400d vs the interior material is 200d.

The 200d halcyon and 210d ballistic are similar... There's some subtle differences in the 'hand' of the materials by colour (due to the finishing process) that @Darcy elaborated on elsewhere, but they're reasonably functionally equivalent as bag liners.
    The halcyon has the woven grid pattern that the ballistics don't, so that's the most obvious visual difference.

If you haven't had time to yet, check out the Material Glossary for more technical details
    https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials

For interiors, you're mostly picking based on colour (what you like) and whether or not you prefer a dark or light interior. Some folks don't like the darker interior colours as they find it harder to find things/see inside.

I like both materials... since the 210d ballistics are newer to TB, some of the excitement about them is the newness factor and the solid colour appearance vs the grid lines... the disco'd halcyon's are still my favorites (original Nordic, Fjord, Zest, Monarch, Solar, Steel, etc) but I do love Dawn
    Thanks. I had overlooked that the halcyon was different for interior and exterior. So far I have chosen my Tom Bihn bags based on exterior material and colour, and some have halcyon and others ballistic interiors. So just, until now, really accepted the fact. But now with some interesting Synik pre order combinations, just refreshing my ideas. My favourite remains wasabi halcyon for the light interior colour and easy to find bag contents.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hereís the full list:

Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    Black 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon
    Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Mars Red 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Aubergine 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Navy Parapack/Steel Parapack
    Black Parapack/Steel Parapack
    Black 400 Halcyon/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    I noticed this was given in response to a question regarding pre-order color options.

Does this mean other colors and color combos will be available in the future? Cloud, perhaps?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by e__ View Post
    I noticed this was given in response to a question regarding pre-order color options.

Does this mean other colors and color combos will be available in the future? Cloud, perhaps?
    They do rotate some other color combinations in later, but in general, the widest range of color offerings are seen in the preorder offerings, and based on the initial response to this, they refine the offerings in the next few production batches. This is one of the reasons forum members are so interested in seeing the initial color combinations.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... when are we allowed to pre-order? (How much time do I have to save up...??)

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... when are we allowed to pre-order? (How much time do I have to save up...??)
    I believe preorders start Tuesday, August 6th.

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast