Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    I believe preorders start Tuesday, August 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the preorder would start on the 13th. The bags will be listed in the TB website on the 6th.

Edit:
    Quote from Darcy's timeline post:

August 6th
    Pages for the Synik 22 and 30 go live. The pages will have an abundance of information — description, specs, photos, videos, an FAQ — to help you decide whether the Synik is the right bag for you (or not).

August 13th
    Pre-order opens / remains open until 08/20 unless either size of Synik sells out.

August 20th
    Pre-order closes.

Late October
    Pre-order Syniks ship.
    Last edited by gadgets; 08-04-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any pictures comparing Nebulous Grey and the old Steel Ballistic fabrics (ca 2015-2016)?

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idbjorh View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures comparing Nebulous Grey and the old Steel Ballistic fabrics (ca 2015-2016)?
    I do, but I’ll have to take pics tomorrow morning in natural light to best compare. Stay tuned...

Unless someone is able to post before I can...
    Last edited by imagineez; 08-04-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can one of the reviewers with an S30 measure the top width vs. the bottom width for me? Or point me to somewhere in one of these threads where it’s listed? I can see from the pictures so far - and some of the supporting texts mention it specifically - that the top of the S30 is more squared off than the S25, but I’m trying to get a sense for just how much more “square” the overall bag is? One of my main problems with the S25 - in addition to the fact that it was just too small - was the tapering at the top. That design didn’t work for me at all. I realize that with the clamshell opening, that wouldn’t be as problematic, but I’m still interesting in understanding the variation in width at various points - bottom vs. middle vs. top. I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    Can one of the reviewers with an S30 measure the top width vs. the bottom width for me? Or point me to somewhere in one of these threads where it’s listed? I can see from the pictures so far - and some of the supporting texts mention it specifically - that the top of the S30 is more squared off than the S25, but I’m trying to get a sense for just how much more “square” the overall bag is? One of my main problems with the S25 - in addition to the fact that it was just too small - was the tapering at the top. That design didn’t work for me at all. I realize that with the clamshell opening, that wouldn’t be as problematic, but I’m still interesting in understanding the variation in width at various points - bottom vs. middle vs. top. I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance!
    As a rough estimate, I'd say it's around 13.5" across the widest part of the back, near where the straps attach (it's narrower below that) and about 11" just below where the shoulder straps attach. This measured at the back pad when empty and doesn't account for how the bag construction curves.
    By comparison, the top of the S25 seems more like 9.5"...
    It's very difficult to measure because it depends on what area you pick and empty vs partial vs full for appearance.
    The SN30 definitely appears less tapered.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That moment you realize today is the 5th and not the 6th, like you thought.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd say Thanks for all the reviews of the new Synik bags. It's interesting to see the new features and how the clamshell opening affects capacity. That said, I'm not sure if I need one. (I know, we need ALL the bags!) I use my S19 for weekend travel, and the occasional EDC when I know I need to bring my laptop home. I pair it with a CoPilot or my NFTD for longer trips. I don't know if the additional 3 liters in the SN 22 would make it more possible for one bag travel or if I'd need to jump up to a S25.

I've got a kid going to France this fall and the other one getting married next year, so I'm pretty there's no "mom money" left in the budget!

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idbjorh View Post
    Pic is darker to help capture the grey vs steel tones as accurately as possible. Hopefully you can see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh, this is already getting expensive for me.

I have a Synapse 25 and I’m trying to decide if I want to step down to the 22 or up to the 30. I realized two specific questions would help me decide:

1. How do large or small Snake Charmers fit in the bottom outside pocket of the 22? I have a large one that lives in my S25 bottom outside pocket. It’s not stuffed to the gills though.
    2. Can you fit an iPhone X/XS in the small outside pocket of the 22? I always throw my phone in there when I’m going through airport security.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this.
    https://blog.tombihn.com/synfaq

It is the FAQ for the Synik.
    Lots of good info about what bags fits inside the new Synik.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbailey59 View Post

I have a Synapse 25 and Iím trying to decide if I want to step down to the 22 or up to the 30. I realized two specific questions would help me decide:

1. How do large or small Snake Charmers fit in the bottom outside pocket of the 22? I have a large one that lives in my S25 bottom outside pocket. Itís not stuffed to the gills though.
    2. Can you fit an iPhone X/XS in the small outside pocket of the 22? I always throw my phone in there when Iím going through airport security.

Thanks in advance!
    I couldnít fit my large Snake Charmer in the bottom pocket of the S22...can just fit my Side Effect in it. I donít own a small Snake Charmer sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbailey59 View Post

I have a Synapse 25 and Iím trying to decide if I want to step down to the 22 or up to the 30. I realized two specific questions would help me decide:

1. How do large or small Snake Charmers fit in the bottom outside pocket of the 22? I have a large one that lives in my S25 bottom outside pocket. Itís not stuffed to the gills though.
    2. Can you fit an iPhone X/XS in the small outside pocket of the 22? I always throw my phone in there when Iím going through airport security.

Thanks in advance!
    I should have read the entire post lol. I have an iPhone XS Max and it fits in there easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    Found this.

How did you find it? And it's okay with me that you did/shared the link: fair enough

Note, though, that we're still proofing and editing that FAQ. It will be officially published tomorrow.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Norway
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that as well. There is a link to it at the bottom right hand side of the “Information About the TOM BIHN Synik 22 and 30”-page.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    Found this.

I particularly enjoyed the stylistic nuances of the section on load lifters, but it's all very well done. Author(s)! Author(s)!

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast