Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    As a rough estimate, I'd say it's around 13.5" across the widest part of the back, near where the straps attach (it's narrower below that) and about 11" just below where the shoulder straps attach. This measured at the back pad when empty and doesn't account for how the bag construction curves.
    By comparison, the top of the S25 seems more like 9.5"...
    It's very difficult to measure because it depends on what area you pick and empty vs partial vs full for appearance.
    The SN30 definitely appears less tapered.
    Thanks - helpful. I can picture it a little better thinking of a difference in inches, vs. what the photos have shown so far. I understand it’s not “precise”, but still useful. Thank you!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we pay in August or in Oct?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brimation View Post
    Do we pay in August or in Oct?
    You pay when you place the order or pre-order but you can cancel by contacting TB up until it ships.

You can also add items over time to your open pre-order and take advantage of combined shipping, by choosing the 'combine with pre-order' (or something like that) when it comes time to chose a shipping method.

Check out these blog posts for how pre-orders work now and in the past

https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders

https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-order-past
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    You pay when you place the order or pre-order but you can cancel by contacting TB up until it ships.

You can also add items over time to your open pre-order and take advantage of combined shipping, by choosing the 'combine with pre-order' (or something like that) when it comes time to chose a shipping method.

Check out these blog posts for how pre-orders work now and in the past

https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders

https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-order-past
    The info that you can add to an open pre-order is great news! Now, if there were additional dedicated Synik accessories launched between preorder and ship date...

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @STX21, yep I'm already reading them Big Grin

I note that the Sn22 may not fit for some personal item regulation (24cm deep) unlike S19
    though I guess if not overstuffed it may fit
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STX21 View Post
    A suggestion to the Tom Bihn web designers -- currently, when I select a new color, it resets the photo shown to the first photo. This is inconvenient because I find the 3rd photo (the side view that shows the interior material) the most useful when perusing the different color options. I suggest changing the behavior to either:

1. Maintain the user's current photo selection when selecting a different color.

or 2. Make the 3rd photo (side view with open zipper) the default 1st photo, so that when a new color is selected, that is the photo shown.
    Last edited by yugo; 08-06-2019 at 02:11 PM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo View Post
    A suggestion to the Tom Bihn web designers -- currently, when I select a new color, it resets the photo shown to the first photo. This is inconvenient because I find the 3rd photo (the side view that shows the interior material) the most useful when perusing the different color options. I suggest changing the behavior to either:

1. Maintain the user's current photo selection when selecting a different color.
    or 2. Make the 3rd photo (side view with open zipper) the default 1st photo, so that when a new color is selected, that is the photo shown.
    I agree, I also would like to see both internal and external colors right away
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have the rough max dimensions for the water bottle pockets on both sizes? Curious if a Hydroflask 21oz standard mouth will fit the SN22. I'm going to gather it won't since it's pretty tall in my S25 (albeit ~5yr old design).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STX21 View Post
    Love that some of the product pictures were done in Chicago, my favorite city in the US Heart Eyes
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    Love that some of the product pictures were done in Chicago, my favorite city in the US Heart Eyes
    Chicago is my favorite city in the US as well, but I'm biased Smilie

Now I'm wishing I would have been lucky enough to randomly walk by and see these in person!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that when I select a color (by clicking or tapping on one of the little swatch squares, the color names are not displayed. I assume that displaying the color name is part of the widget for adding an item to your cart or something like that.

It’s potentially a neat little ‘How well do you know Tom Bihn fabrics?’ puzzle, but frustrating if the answer is “Not that well, apparently.”

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a good fix for this, but it’s definitely making it harder for me to do my pre-preorder thinking about what color I want to get!

Forum Member
    Chicago, IL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
    I noticed that when I select a color (by clicking or tapping on one of the little swatch squares, the color names are not displayed. I assume that displaying the color name is part of the widget for adding an item to your cart or something like that.

It’s potentially a neat little ‘How well do you know Tom Bihn fabrics?’ puzzle, but frustrating if the answer is “Not that well, apparently.”

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a good fix for this, but it’s definitely making it harder for me to do my pre-preorder thinking about what color I want to get!
    If you hover over each individual color box, it should pop up their names!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be a discount for pre-orders? I assume not but worth asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susannah View Post

I noticed this on my iPhone with Safari browser as well. If you tap and hold a color choice icon, a pop up will show with the full color and fabric name. But I agree with you that it's more difficult than it should be on mobile. It would be better if the color and fabric names appeared on the page with every selection.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast