Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBy5 View Post
    Will there be a discount for pre-orders? I assume not but worth asking.
    No, there will not be. From the Synik FAQ:

"Do you ever have sales or coupons?

We don’t. As a small design house and manufacturer — our offices, shipping, customer service as well as our manufacturing facility all share the same 16,000 square feet in Seattle* — it just doesn’t fit with our business model to offer discounts or coupons."

Darcy, please note that in the Synik FAQ, the index link at the top for "Do you ever have sales or coupons?" does not jump down to the section.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know the volume of the main compartment only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super random question. Will the Synik 30 fit on the handle of a Pelican 1510? 1000 internet points to anyone who can answer this... Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    The info that you can add to an open pre-order is great news! Now, if there were additional dedicated Synik accessories launched between preorder and ship date...
    @Darcy mentioned that no specific Syniks accessories are being made, but to email them if there's some use-case that you can't meet with other items.

Personally, I would rather figure out how to use what I already own than end up with too many bag-specific accessories...
    So if there's some specific thing or combo of things you want to carry, definitely post a list and those of us with review bags can try and work out the best combo of items to meet your needs.
    HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
    I noticed that when I select a color (by clicking or tapping on one of the little swatch squares, the color names are not displayed. I assume that displaying the color name is part of the widget for adding an item to your cart or something like that.

It’s potentially a neat little ‘How well do you know Tom Bihn fabrics?’ puzzle, but frustrating if the answer is “Not that well, apparently.”

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a good fix for this, but it’s definitely making it harder for me to do my pre-preorder thinking about what color I want to get!
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo View Post
    I noticed this on my iPhone with Safari browser as well. If you tap and hold a color choice icon, a pop up will show with the full color and fabric name. But I agree with you that it's more difficult than it should be on mobile. It would be better if the color and fabric names appeared on the page with every selection.

As mentioned, you hover over the fabric combo square to get the pop-up of the colour combo.

Once the pages go live for ordering, the normal fabric combo drop down selection field will appear and that is dynamic - if you click a box of fabric the drop down will automatically update to that fabric you selected.

So this is partly an artifact of the pre pre-order page view, but I'm sure the TB web crew are listening to the feedback and mulling over options for the future.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBy5 View Post
    Anyone know the volume of the main compartment only?
    I also would like to know this!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo View Post
    I noticed this on my iPhone with Safari browser as well. If you tap and hold a color choice icon, a pop up will show with the full color and fabric name. But I agree with you that it's more difficult than it should be on mobile. It would be better if the color and fabric names appeared on the page with every selection.
    Oh, so it does! I was using Safari on an iPad when I noticed this. I don't suppose there's any way to copy the color and fabric name, is there? It would be so convenient for pestering one's friends and family with 'Which color should I get??' questions.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stress enough how awesome Coyote is as an interior color, and I'm glad the Synik has a couple bags with that color. I have two bags with it, and I will always want that color option. Don't sleep on this color people, it might only be available with this preorder (just like with the Luminary bags), and then go away...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone received a review bag in black or deep blue with coyote, would you post some shots of the interior please?
    I love coyote 1050d ballistic and thought I'd be equally keen on coyote 210 ballistic, but I'm not sure at the moment how I feel about it.
    Help me decide please!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.n View Post
    Anyone have the rough max dimensions for the water bottle pockets on both sizes? Curious if a Hydroflask 21oz standard mouth will fit the SN22. I'm going to gather it won't since it's pretty tall in my S25 (albeit ~5yr old design).
    I took some pics of both the Hydroflask and Yeti in the S22 to get an idea of what would fit. Here goes

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.n View Post
    Anyone have the rough max dimensions for the water bottle pockets on both sizes? Curious if a Hydroflask 21oz standard mouth will fit the SN22. I'm going to gather it won't since it's pretty tall in my S25 (albeit ~5yr old design).
    Error on the site. Here are a few more pics

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    If anyone received a review bag in black or deep blue with coyote, would you post some shots of the interior please?
    I love coyote 1050d ballistic and thought I'd be equally keen on coyote 210 ballistic, but I'm not sure at the moment how I feel about it.
    Help me decide please!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Check out G42's excellent review of her deep blue/coyote Synik 30. See post #7 for the picture.

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...mart-alec.html
    Last edited by pammy; 08-06-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like the synapse 25 a bit better, but the synik is pretty awesome.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, tuskegee7294! Kinda awesome that you're just testing it in store, lol!

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has been a lot of discussion about the zippers on the new clamshell design of the Syniks, and I wanted to share some impressions after testing it for a bit, just in case it is useful. While some testers have commented that it takes both hands to open the new #10 zippers on the main compartment, what I noticed, as I had to open and close the main compartment during errands today, is just how amazingly well the new top handle and those zippers complement one another. I found that I was able to comfortably hold the pack via the ultra comfortable top handle in one hand, then easily unzip the main zipper with the other hand, no problem. This is especially convenient when you don't want to set your bag down. And for whatever reason the geometry seems to work perfectly.

Every time I use this bag, I continue to be impressed! And I am grateful that thanks to one of the other posters, I now know that my camera in case also fits perfectly in the Synik 22 side pockets. It is shocking how much more spacious these pockets are than my older parapack Synapse 19.

I am also delighted to report that the straps stay put on me; in contrast, I at times struggled with the Synapse's sliding off my shoulders if I did not use the chest strap.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 08-06-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast