Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 555
  1. #316
    Volunteer Moderator bartleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Share
    Location: Germany / Hobbies: Photography & Guitars
    Posts
    296
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    and @slightlysaltybagman: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post178967
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

  2. #317
    Forum Member imagineez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Share
    SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Posts
    200
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone who wants to see how a 15Ē Retina MacBook Pro (older version) and an iPad 12.9Ē (2018 version) fit together inside the laptop compartment of the Synik 30, hereís a link where I posted a video demonstrating putting them in and taking them out of the side zipper opening.

  3. #318
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    139
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim13 View Post
    I've tried working through this whole thread but may have missed a couple of items.

    1.) Have any review units in parapack been shipped? I'd don't recall seeing any images/videos.

    2.) Just to confirm, the reason the S30 looks much wider than the S25 is because of an increase to the depth and not an increase in the width...correct?

    To quote a great movie, "When will then be now?" "Soon"
    Your best bet is to go do a look up of the specs of both bags. I thought a reviewer indicated the S30 is a little wider than the s25.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

  4. #319
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    139
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The old MacBook Air 13 and the 13" HP Elitebooks (my personal and work laptops) CANNOT fit in the onboard laptop sleeve of the SN22.
    @G42 - Another follow up question for you. Do you lose much of the extra volume in the S22 if you have to have a separate sleeve for your HP Elitebook?

    I use an S19 right now and am really undecided on whether to get the S22. If I did, I'd slip my iPad Pro 9.7 into the laptop sleeve and then put my own HP Elitebook into a thin neoprene sleeve in the main compartment. The S22 might still be worth it if you still retain a lot of the extra volume.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

  5. #320
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,638
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    @G42 - Another follow up question for you. Do you lose much of the extra volume in the S22 if you have to have a separate sleeve for your HP Elitebook?

    I use an S19 right now and am really undecided on whether to get the S22. If I did, I'd slip my iPad Pro 9.7 into the laptop sleeve and then put my own HP Elitebook into a thin neoprene sleeve in the main compartment. The S22 might still be worth it if you still retain a lot of the extra volume.
    The on board sleeve doesn't take up much room. The increased capacity was added to the main compartment, so if you use a laptop + sleeve in your S19 now, you'll be able to notice that the SN22 still has more room, even if you also put an iPad into the on board sleeve.

    So if you value the clamshell, pass through, and the extra 3L, it might be worth getting the new Synik 22.
    If you're already happy with the S19 and don't feel a huge need for the clamshell, passthrough, etc. - you maybe don't want to get the Synik... it is more expensive and it is heavier... so it depends on what you want.

    The other thing that might sway you in favor is if you think you might be switching to a smaller laptop any time soon... keeping in mind that TB bags will outlive your laptop
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  6. #321
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    139
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The on board sleeve doesn't take up much room. The increased capacity was added to the main compartment, so if you use a laptop + sleeve in your S19 now, you'll be able to notice that the SN22 still has more room, even if you also put an iPad into the on board sleeve.

    So if you value the clamshell, pass through, and the extra 3L, it might be worth getting the new Synik 22.
    If you're already happy with the S19 and don't feel a huge need for the clamshell, passthrough, etc. - you maybe don't want to get the Synik... it is more expensive and it is heavier... so it depends on what you want.

    The other thing that might sway you in favor is if you think you might be switching to a smaller laptop any time soon... keeping in mind that TB bags will outlive your laptop
    Smilie
    Thanks, @G42! I won’t be changing my work laptop any time soon. Got a case of new bag design fever — so I either need to use logic, calm down, and defer until regular production — or toss logic aside, embrace the emotional decision and order.

    Guess I’ll find out which I do tomorrow! LOL!
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

  7. #322
    Volunteer Moderator aedifica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    1,020
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    This isn't entirely correct. The Synik 22 page says "The Synik 22 fits laptops up to the size of the 13Ē MacBook Pro (but not the older non-Retina Air) or the Dell XPS 13". So yes, there may be some 13" laptops that won't fit but others definitely do! The older 13" MacBook Air is longer than most 13" laptops to the best of my knowledge, and that's why it doesn't fit. Anything the size of a 13" MacBook Pro or 13" Dell XPS should fit just fine in the Synik 22.
    I took some pictures of a 13" MacBook Air (2012 model) and 13" MacBook Pro (2015) with my Synik 22, thinking that it might be useful for some to see the comparison. They're over here.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  8. #323
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to praise all the Synik reviewers who took time to post their very helpful reviews and pictures and not just post a link to their website or YouTube. Itís been immensely helpful to have these early reviewers answer the many questions posed here on the forum or do comparison reviews with other TB bags and in some cases do test packing. Without their detailed feedback, it would be difficult to know whether the Synik is the right bag for me. So thanks again!
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

  9. #324
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Thinkpad P51 and the screen size is 15.6 inch. Would the laptop fit in the Synik 30?

  10. #325
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,638
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Synik 22
    Maximum device dimensions for both the external and internal laptop compartment access points:
    12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75” / 314mm x 220mm x 19mm
    Example devices: the 2015 13” MacBook Pro Retina or the 12.9” iPad Pro (with the keyboard case) will fit in the Synik 22 laptop compartment.

    Synik 30
    Maximum device dimensions for both the external and internal laptop compartment access points:
    14.15” x 9.75” x 0.75” / 359mm x 248mm x 19mm
    Example devices: the 2015 15” MacBook Pro Retina or the 2019 15” MacBook Pro Touchbar will fit in the Synik 30 laptop compartment.

    Now, here’s where it gets a little interesting:
    If you’re trying to fit a laptop that’s on the larger end of what’s recommended as fitting in the Synik 22, you may find that — depending on the shape and proportions of the device — one access point works better for your device. For example: taller and thinner large laptops may fit better through the internal laptop compartment access point, whereas more square laptops (like the Surface Book 2) may angle in better through the external laptop compartment access point.

    If anyone here is wondering which size of Synik would better fit their laptop, feel free to emailus@tombihn.com with the make + model or dimensions, or respond here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisolo View Post
    I have the Thinkpad P51 and the screen size is 15.6 inch. Would the laptop fit in the Synik 30?

    @jedisolo, take a look at the quote above from one of the earlier posts in this thread... look up the exact size of your laptop model and see if it fits within the ranges mentioned. As @Darcy mentions, you can always directly contact the fine folks at Customer Service as well...especially if none of the folks who have a test pack have your make/model.

    HTH

    ...and Welcome to the Forums!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  11. #326
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    67
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Your best bet is to go do a look up of the specs of both bags. I thought a reviewer indicated the S30 is a little wider than the s25.
    I took your advice. Big Grin

    S25 - Dimensions: 13.4" (w) x 20" (h) x 9.1" (d) / 340 (w) x 508 (h) x 230 (d) mm
    S30 - Dimensions: 13.4" (w) 20.0" (h) 10.8" (d) / 340 (w) 508 (h) 275 (d) mm

    Depth is the difference.

  12. #327
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @jedisolo, take a look at the quote above from one of the earlier posts in this thread... look up the exact size of your laptop model and see if it fits within the ranges mentioned. As @Darcy mentions, you can always directly contact the fine folks at Customer Service as well...especially if none of the folks who have a test pack have your make/model.

    HTH

    ...and Welcome to the Forums!
    Thank glad to be here. I checked the specs on my laptop and the size is 14.86 x 9.93 x 1.02 inches.

  13. #328
    Forum Member imagineez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Share
    SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Posts
    200
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Your best bet is to go do a look up of the specs of both bags. I thought a reviewer indicated the S30 is a little wider than the s25.
    At the top, the Synik is more squared off and so itís just a little wider there compared to the Synapse. Maybe thatís what one of the reviewers was referring to. Otherwise the dimensions are the same except for the increased depth in the Synik. (Iím speaking as a reviewer of the Synik 30 having compared it to my S25)

  14. #329
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    35
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full Packhacker review is now available (written and video):
    https://packhacker.com/travel-gear/tom-bihn/synik-30/

  15. #330
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    The full Packhacker review is now available (written and video):
    https://packhacker.com/travel-gear/tom-bihn/synik-30/
    Just in time to cash in with their affiliate link when it goes on sale today...

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •