Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone gotten a chance to review a Halcyon version of the Synik 22/30? Curious to see how the larger size of the 30 handles with the Halcyon material.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metroflex View Post
    Has anyone gotten a chance to review a Halcyon version of the Synik 22/30? Curious to see how the larger size of the 30 handles with the Halcyon material.
    To the best of my knowledge, only 525 ballistic and a couple of the Parapack were sent out for review.

Note that TB makes larger bags in the 400d Halcyon already. Generally the halcyon is more flexible/less stiff than the ballistic.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, only 525 ballistic and a couple of the Parapack were sent out for review.

Note that TB makes larger bags in the 400d Halcyon already. Generally the halcyon is more flexible/less stiff than the ballistic.
    Thanks for the assist! Well I just pre-ordered one in Halcyon so I'll see for myself come late October

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metroflex View Post
    My synapse 25 is Halcyon (along with pretty much every bag I own). I love it. I was considering it for the Synik 30 but decided to go with Parapack this time.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who have tried the Synik 22 and have also used a Synapse 25, any word on which feels heavier? I understand weight has already been provided by the TB team, but still wanted to know what the testers thought in terms of feel, both with an without the internal frames.

thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered an S22 in Black-ballistic/Coyote-ballistic. Can't wait!
    Aeronaut 45 (black/island), Tristar (steel/solar), Western Flyer (steel/solar), Synapse 19 (deep blue/iberian)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    My synapse 25 is Halcyon (along with pretty much every bag I own). I love it. I was considering it for the Synik 30 but decided to go with Parapack this time.
    Nice! I have the Synapse 25 in 525 ballistic which I found just a little too stiff for my liking so I went with the Halcyon - as they say, variety is the spice of life

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is currently using the Synapse 25 as a school backpack (She loves it). Would the Synik 30 work well as a school backpack? I am worried that the clam shell design would not work well with getting books in and out on a constant basis.... (ie the contents of the backpack will spill out)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen97 View Post
    My daughter is currently using the Synapse 25 as a school backpack (She loves it). Would the Synik 30 work well as a school backpack? I am worried that the clam shell design would not work well with getting books in and out on a constant basis.... (ie the contents of the backpack will spill out)
    I think that the zippers on both Synik are beefy enough so there is no problem with opening the bag too far, and having contents spill out

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    For those who have tried the Synik 22 and have also used a Synapse 25, any word on which feels heavier? I understand weight has already been provided by the TB team, but still wanted to know what the testers thought in terms of feel, both with an without the internal frames.

thanks!
    The Synapse 25 definitely feels heavier than the Synik 22. I prefer the fit of the 22 over the 25 for EDC but for Travel more than three days Id prefer the 25 or my Smart Alec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    The Synapse 25 definitely feels heavier than the Synik 22. I prefer the fit of the 22 over the 25 for EDC but for Travel more than three days I’d prefer the 25 or my Smart Alec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super helpful! thank you so much Tuskegee7294!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think that the zippers on both Synik are beefy enough so there is no problem with opening the bag too far, and having contents spill out
    Thank you, moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've gotten a couple of questions about this, so we added a new FAQ question/answer:
    Can the Synik be worn high/low/inbetween and be adjusted in general?
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast