Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 450
  1. #331
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone gotten a chance to review a Halcyon version of the Synik 22/30? Curious to see how the larger size of the 30 handles with the Halcyon material.

  2. #332
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,451
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metroflex View Post
    Has anyone gotten a chance to review a Halcyon version of the Synik 22/30? Curious to see how the larger size of the 30 handles with the Halcyon material.
    To the best of my knowledge, only 525 ballistic and a couple of the Parapack were sent out for review.

    Note that TB makes larger bags in the 400d Halcyon already. Generally the halcyon is more flexible/less stiff than the ballistic.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  3. #333
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, only 525 ballistic and a couple of the Parapack were sent out for review.

    Note that TB makes larger bags in the 400d Halcyon already. Generally the halcyon is more flexible/less stiff than the ballistic.
    Thanks for the assist! Well I just pre-ordered one in Halcyon so I'll see for myself come late October

  4. #334
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    30
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #335
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    368
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metroflex View Post
    Has anyone gotten a chance to review a Halcyon version of the Synik 22/30? Curious to see how the larger size of the 30 handles with the Halcyon material.
    My synapse 25 is Halcyon (along with pretty much every bag I own). I love it. I was considering it for the Synik 30 but decided to go with Parapack this time.

  6. #336
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    114
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who have tried the Synik 22 and have also used a Synapse 25, any word on which feels heavier? I understand weight has already been provided by the TB team, but still wanted to know what the testers thought in terms of feel, both with an without the internal frames.

    thanks!

  7. #337
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered an S22 in Black-ballistic/Coyote-ballistic. Can't wait!
    Aeronaut 45 (black/island), Tristar (steel/solar), Western Flyer (steel/solar), Synapse 19 (deep blue/iberian)

  8. #338
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    7
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    My synapse 25 is Halcyon (along with pretty much every bag I own). I love it. I was considering it for the Synik 30 but decided to go with Parapack this time.
    Nice! I have the Synapse 25 in 525 ballistic which I found just a little too stiff for my liking so I went with the Halcyon - as they say, variety is the spice of life

  9. #339
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is currently using the Synapse 25 as a school backpack (She loves it). Would the Synik 30 work well as a school backpack? I am worried that the clam shell design would not work well with getting books in and out on a constant basis.... (ie the contents of the backpack will spill out)

  10. #340
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Share
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,276
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen97 View Post
    My daughter is currently using the Synapse 25 as a school backpack (She loves it). Would the Synik 30 work well as a school backpack? I am worried that the clam shell design would not work well with getting books in and out on a constant basis.... (ie the contents of the backpack will spill out)
    I think that the zippers on both Synik are beefy enough so there is no problem with opening the bag too far, and having contents spill out

  11. #341
    Forum Member tuskegee7294's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Georgia
    Posts
    198
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    For those who have tried the Synik 22 and have also used a Synapse 25, any word on which feels heavier? I understand weight has already been provided by the TB team, but still wanted to know what the testers thought in terms of feel, both with an without the internal frames.

    thanks!
    The Synapse 25 definitely feels heavier than the Synik 22. I prefer the fit of the 22 over the 25 for EDC but for Travel more than three days Id prefer the 25 or my Smart Alec.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

    LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

  12. #342
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    114
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    The Synapse 25 definitely feels heavier than the Synik 22. I prefer the fit of the 22 over the 25 for EDC but for Travel more than three days I’d prefer the 25 or my Smart Alec.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super helpful! thank you so much Tuskegee7294!

  13. #343
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think that the zippers on both Synik are beefy enough so there is no problem with opening the bag too far, and having contents spill out
    Thank you, moriond

  14. #344
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  15. #345
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    5,900
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've gotten a couple of questions about this, so we added a new FAQ question/answer:
    Can the Synik be worn high/low/inbetween and be adjusted in general?
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •