Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saving up for the bag. When will the bag regularly be on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    The Tom Bihn company does not play sales games like other business models. The price you see is the price of the item. No gimmicks, no games, no sales. It's refreshing! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @brimation The bags usually are available as regular in stock products shortly after the pre-orders are finished and shipped. Since there were two pre-orders this time (the second run shipping in late November) you’ll probably want to contact TB customer service to see what their plan is.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still in doubt about my choice of black parapack. On my black halycon S25 there is a black material on the sides.. is this the black parapack?

Gil

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zepnik View Post
    I am still in doubt about my choice of black parapack. On my black halycon S25 there is a black material on the sides.. is this the black parapack?

Gil
    I think it's more likely to be pack cloth, but this thread talks a little about both parapack and pack cloth and might help you. Oh, and this blog post is all about parapack and pack cloth!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been notified yet that they’re getting an early-release bag?
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing yet here, but have been checking quite a bit...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the email and looks like I got lucky with my Navy/Steel parapack S30 preorder. Shipping expected between the 27th and 29th.

FWIW my order was placed during the 2nd phase of the preorder with the late-November delivery date.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've sent out the PPB emails! Be sure to check your spam folder.

We'll be shipping the PPB bags out next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If you received a PPB email, be sure to emailus@tombihn.com with any changes by Monday at 12:30pm Pacific Time.

We published a post on our blog all about the Synik pre-production batch:
    https://blog.tombihn.com/synik-ppb

And if you didn't get a PPB email: know that our factory crew are already working on your bag and we're working to get your bag to you as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post
    For reference I just finished hiking the West Highland Way in Scotland this summer (over 8 days - I was slow). I carried a 40L Kelty with tent, sleeping bag, etc. No cooking equipment though, as that particular trails goes near enough to towns that I could stop in somewhere once a day. Yellowstone was two years ago but I do want to go back soon.
    Walking all day, sleeping outside and stopping in different towns to eat... that's pretty much my idea of a perfect day. Going to Scotland to hike West Highland Way is now officially on my travel list.

You've got a great selection of packs. And it's worth noting that the most environmentally-friendly bag that any of us owns is the bag we already own (as opposed to buying a new bag).

I too have hiked with a Co-Pilot! And a Shop Bag, and another time, a Cafe Bag! The Shop Bag was the least practical to carry, but it held my stuff so I could be prepared on my hike so I can't really complain. It did help me imagine a tote bag that converts to a backpack.... (that's not a hint, because it's still just in my imagination and may never become reality!)

Finally, your post inspired this idea, and it's open to all:
    If anyone is curious how one of our bags would work for hiking or urban activites and you're in the Seattle area or planning to visit the factory while in Seattle, we could loan you one of our bags from the our employee library/loaner wall to test out. We'd just ask you to return the bag within a week or so. Note that the bags on our library wall are all current, but sometimes aren't the very most up-to-date versions.

Quote Originally Posted by brimation View Post
    Saving up for the bag. When will the bag regularly be on sale?
    Once the pre-order batches are well underway, we plan to begin work on the stock production batches of Synik 22s and 30s. We expect them to be in-stock and ready to ship by early-mid December, and we'll be able to give a more precise date by sometime in November.

The Synik 22 and Synik 30 pages have been updated with the top 10 most popular colors from pre-order and you can now sign up to be notified when any of those colors are stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by zepnik View Post
    That could be either 420d Parapack or 210d ballistic in Black. It can actually be difficult to tell those two fabrics apart in photos! When did you purchase your Synapse?
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the email. Shipping between August 27 - 29. I ordered S30 Black Ballistic / Northwest Sky
    Last edited by cousindave; 08-22-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Has anyone been notified yet that they’re getting an early-release bag?
    Received the notification sometime around 7:00 EST. Went crazy excited for a bit, but I've calmed down enough to type now.
    Last edited by Tonya; 08-22-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Arizona
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! I made the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    [...]
    It did help me imagine a tote bag that converts to a backpack.... (that's not a hint, because it's still just in my imagination and may never become reality!)
    [...]
    It is in mine* too *drool*
    *my imagination
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olsonnet View Post
    Just got the email and looks like I got lucky with my Navy/Steel parapack S30 preorder. Shipping expected between the 27th and 29th.

FWIW my order was placed during the 2nd phase of the preorder with the late-November delivery date.
    Wow! Congrats! Lucky you!

How does selection for this work? I ordered ablue/steel parapack S30 in the first phase, but didn't get a notification. 😕

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this water bottle would fit in the water bottle pocket of the Synik 22 and/or Synik 30.

- Water Bottle:
    Camelbak 2018 EDDY (0.6L BOTTLE, INSULATED)

- Size:
    10 in High
    3.1 in Diameter
    9.75 in Circumference
    Cap Diameter: the cap has a small plastic loop that makes it's diameter be 3.75 in.

Thank you for any information!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast