Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Wow! Congrats! Lucky you!

How does selection for this work? I ordered ablue/steel parapack S30 in the first phase, but didn't get a notification. ��
    Hi @mike42, it's a random selection by Countron, the TB computer system... for whatever bags are available from the Pre-Production Batch, it randomly chooses a matching number of folks who ordered that colour combo.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all!

I've been bitten by the Tom Bihn bug and I have a DLBP and MCB with FS (did i get the acronyms right?) in black Halycon on the way to the Philippines (shipping cost was murderous). I'm now very interested in getting a Synik 22 to replace my 22-liter EDC backpack which I use as my work/gym bag. So can anyone confirm if the Synik 22 can fit a change of clothes, towel and a pair of size 10 gym shoes along with a laptop and the usual EDC gear (phone, pens, powerbank etc)?

Thanks!

-

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdayco View Post
    Hi all!

I've been bitten by the Tom Bihn bug and I have a DLBP and MCB with FS (did i get the acronyms right?) in black Halycon on the way to the Philippines (shipping cost was murderous). I'm now very interested in getting a Synik 22 to replace my 22-liter EDC backpack which I use as my work/gym bag. So can anyone confirm if the Synik 22 can fit a change of clothes, towel and a pair of size 10 gym shoes along with a laptop and the usual EDC gear (phone, pens, powerbank etc)?

Thanks!

-
    welcome!

you did right on acronyms

check the product page and reviews on forum to see if your laptop and content will fit neatly (as you want it to be organized),

following the size from your current 22liter bag to Synik22, my guess it will manage it all (unless you laptop is huge, so check the size)
    because a N-liter TB bag tends to be bigger than a N-liter other brand bag, TB is rigorous on measure so it is true 22L (when casually the capacity of any bag is estimated throught the whole size)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    following the size from your current 22liter bag to Synik22, my guess it will manage it all (unless you laptop is huge, so check the size)
    because a N-liter TB bag tends to be bigger than a N-liter other brand bag, TB is rigorous on measure so it is true 22L (when casually the capacity of any bag is estimated throught the whole size)
    And the wonderful front pockets will hold all those EDC bits; phone, pens, power bank, etc, leaving the main compartment open for the more bulky clothes and shoes.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. It's a shame that they're not making a 25L version, that would have been the perfect bag for me.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdayco View Post
    Thanks everyone. It's a shame that they're not making a 25L version, that would have been the perfect bag for me.
    I’m guessing you meant a 25L with a separate computer section. The S25 is 25L but without a separate compartment.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, a hypothetical "SN26" at roughly 18" tall would appeal to me; at that height, it would reliably fit under most airplane seats and its laptop compartment would be more likely to fit arbitrary 13-14" computers, while still not being "huge" for EDC.

If my work laptop had fit in the SN22, I would have been sorely tempted to make it my combined EDC, default personal item, and day pack.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Iím guessing you meant a 25L with a separate computer section. The S25 is 25L but without a separate compartment.
    Yup, a Synik 25 would have been perfect. I was thinking of just getting a Synapse 25 but I would need to buy an internal frame and a cache to have roughly the same features as the Synik without the clamshell design and other new features which is a bummer. I also thought about Synik 30 but it is way too big for me as an edc.
    Last edited by bdayco; 08-30-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    For what it's worth, a hypothetical "SN26" at roughly 18" tall would appeal to me; at that height, it would reliably fit under most airplane seats and its laptop compartment would be more likely to fit arbitrary 13-14" computers, while still not being "huge" for EDC.

If my work laptop had fit in the SN22, I would have been sorely tempted to make it my combined EDC, default personal item, and day pack.
    I agree, that would be great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntinos_H View Post
    I agree, that would be great!
    Welcome to the Forums @Ntinos_H!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Italy
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would a Synik 22 packed moderately full fit into Ryanair personal item sizer? It's 40x20x25 cm, while the Synik dimensions stated on the page are 49x24x29 cm.
    edit: I think there's a mistake in the Synik page: it states that the height is 16", that's 40.5 cm, but then it converts that to 49 cm.
    Last edited by n2n2; 09-02-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n2 View Post
    Would a Synik 22 packed moderately full fit into Ryanair personal item sizer? It's 40x20x25 cm, while the Synik dimensions stated on the page are 49x24x29 cm.
    edit: I think there's a mistake in the Synik page: it states that the height is 16", that's 40.5 cm, but then it converts that to 49 cm.
    The Synik 22 is the same size as the Synapse 19 *except* for the front to back depth.

Both are 16" tall x 11.4" wide

The same relationship holds true for the larger ones... Synik 30 is the same as Synapse 25 except for depth.

Forum Member
    Italy
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    The Synik 22 is the same size as the Synapse 19 *except* for the front to back depth.

Both are 16" tall x 11.4" wide

The same relationship holds true for the larger ones... Synik 30 is the same as Synapse 25 except for depth.
    thank you! Then they should correct the mistake on the website, it could be a make or break specific for european customers

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n2 View Post
    thank you! Then they should correct the mistake on the website, it could be a make or break specific for european customers
    I sent an email to the fine folks in Customer Service, so they'll get it updated. Please note that today is a holiday in the US, so I would expect it to be a couple of days.
    Smilie

Forum Member
    Italy
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you again and happy Labor Day

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast