Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.n View Post
    There's always a chance the early recipients change their minds. Like me. Sorta wondering if it was a mistake going SN30 over SN22... we'll see. Kinda wish I bought both to return one, lol.
    How tall are you? I am 5"9/10 and a wide athletic build. 22/SN19 are too small for me. Plus I need it for hybrid travel and not just straight EDC.

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope my Synik will arrive soon (I'm in the first batch but living in Japan). It's like Christmas for me.

Looking forward to switching to the Synik as my EDC. I'll probably also use it for traveling, but the bag will surely get daily use for commuting and such. I went for the SN30. After reading all kinds of reviews I can't imagine it being too big for me even for daily use. I'm 6'1 and normal weight, but relatively wide shoulders.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologize for being a little late to the party but I'm definitely interested in picking up a Synik 30 for international trips. I currently have a Synapse 25 which is my go-to international travel carry-on. A few questions...

(1) It is a bit redundant to purchase a Synik 30 if I already have a Synapse 25? I'm mainly drawn to the fact that it as has a little more space and the ability to attach to a roller bag.
    (2) Is there a discussion page which outlines which organizational items and packing cubes work best with the Synik 30?
    (3) Has anyone found a good minimalist pouch or protective case for a digital camera and kit lens? I have a Fuji X-T20 with the kit lens and I'd like to find an alternative to bringing a separate sling bag (currently using Peak Design every day sling) and putting it inside my carry-on.

Thanks!
    Current TB bags: Aeronaut 30 (black halcyon / northwest sky), Synapse 25 (black halcyon / northwest sky)
    Current TB accessories: aether packing cubes, 3D clear organizer, 3D fabric organizer, small snake charmer, luggage tag, red cord pulls

Follow my new instagram page for honest reviews on travel gear & top resorts: @traveltheworldwithjosh

Next trip: Thailand / Vietnam / Singapore / Australia / New Zealand

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaKM View Post
    (1) It is a bit redundant to purchase a Synik 30 if I already have a Synapse 25? I'm mainly drawn to the fact that it as has a little more space and the ability to attach to a roller bag.
    (2) Is there a discussion page which outlines which organizational items and packing cubes work best with the Synik 30?
    This blog announcement has a lot of info and includes direct links to some of the first reviews. This thread that you're in also has Q&As

https://blog.tombihn.com/synik

This blog post has packing cube info

https://blog.tombihn.com/synik-faq

As for the S25 vs SN30, there are folks on both sides of that one... if you value the clamshell, built in laptop sleeve, extra space, and luggage pass through, then it may be worth leveling up for you (money & weight).
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, quick question: in your post of 9/29 - you wrote that folks could make "changes to their orders". I tried to change my color choice of the Synik 22 (from black to aubergine) and was told the only thing I could was cancel my order and wait for the December orders. Ordered 8/15. Change requested 9/11. Got refund now, but am confused about the policy - what can and cannot be changed. Janet

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyjbe View Post
    Darcy, quick question: in your post of 9/29 - you wrote that folks could make "changes to their orders". I tried to change my color choice of the Synik 22 (from black to aubergine) and was told the only thing I could was cancel my order and wait for the December orders. Ordered 8/15. Change requested 9/11. Got refund now, but am confused about the policy - what can and cannot be changed. Janet
    Hi @ Curlyjbe,

I think that the changes that Darcy refers to are the additional items that might get shipped along with the Synikó for example, if you selected a Synik for order and then added packing cubes or Ghost Whale Pouches to the order, or if you wanted additional strap keepers (besides the pair that will be sent along with the Synik). Once you participate in the preorder and have a pending shipment, the default is for subsequent orders that you make to be held and shipped with your Synik preorder, in order to minimize shipping costs. It is these additional items that may be part of the order that you can change. This is meant to cover instances where products or color combinations that were not in stock at the time the preorder closed can get added and combined with your preorder without incurring the additional shipping charges of multiple separate orders. However, since the point of the preorder is to let the production folks lock into the exact colors and material specs of what theyíll be making by the time that preorder closes, you canít change the color or fabric of a bag involved in the preorder after the closing date ó you can only cancel the order, and try for a separate, new order later. In general, there may be color combinations offered in the preorder that might not show up for later production batches. Going from the example of the Luminary preorder and subsequent release, Deep Blue with Coyote interior is an example of such a combination. But Iím sure that Aubergine will be offered in the general production batch, since that is such a popular color.

Hope this helps,

moriond

ETA: Hereís a link to the blog page about preorders:
    https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders

Iíll except the section that covers your question about color changes:
    Can I change the color of the bag I pre-ordered?

Sorry, but no. Because weíre building these bags to order, folks canít change the color of the bag theyíve pre-ordered.

You can, of course, cancel your pre-order ó at which point we will refund your credit card. If it is still within the pre-order window ó that is, the pre-order has not sold out ó you can then place a new order for the color youíd like instead.
    The other sections of the Preorder FAQ cover changes that you can make in additional items (basically up until two days before they will ship your bag)
    Last edited by moriond; 10-03-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Ohio
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Navy Parapack SYN 22 is on the way!Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-synik-png
    Last edited by PLA10S; 10-03-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLA10S View Post
    My Navy Parapack SYN 22 is on the way!

Pictures please!

Ohio
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure will! Stay tuned!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaKM View Post
    (3) Has anyone found a good minimalist pouch or protective case for a digital camera and kit lens? I have a Fuji X-T20 with the kit lens and I'd like to find an alternative to bringing a separate sling bag (currently using Peak Design every day sling) and putting it inside my carry-on.

Thanks!
    Take a look at Tenba BYOB 7/9 - I have a Fuji X-T1 and both carry the camera with kit lens well. The BYOB 7 can fit extra batteries/memory cards but not another lens, the BYOB 9 will fit whatever the 7 can, plus another smaller lens.

Got my shipping notice for the Synik 30 as well - should have the Halcyon version by next Wed, very excited! Kudos to the Tom Bihn team for finishing the first run earlier than expected, they must be extremely proud of finishing production early for the Synik and shipping them out earlier than expected, especially for an inaugural run of a new bag!

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SN30 Deep Blue / Iberian is also on its way. Also scheduled for 10/09 Wednesday end of the day to Japan. Might be a placeholder though! (Last time it arrived 1-2 days early I think?)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkasu View Post
    My SN30 Deep Blue / Iberian is also on its way. Also scheduled for 10/09 Wednesday end of the day to Japan. Might be a placeholder though! (Last time it arrived 1-2 days early I think?)
    Good choice on the deep blue/Iberian. Should be nice!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my Synik! (Black/NW Sky)

Thanks Darcy! The quality is, as expected, outstanding and Iím looking forward to getting home, loading it up with work stuff, then packing for travel next week!

Iíve been using the Aer Day Pack for work for the past few months and the one concern I have about the Synik is where to put my kindle oasis. It barely fits in an empty side pocket. Does anyone have any hacks/ideas on the best place to store a kindle?

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balakay View Post
    Just got my Synik! (Black/NW Sky)

Thanks Darcy! The quality is, as expected, outstanding and I’m looking forward to getting home, loading it up with work stuff, then packing for travel next week!

I’ve been using the Aer Day Pack for work for the past few months and the one concern I have about the Synik is where to put my kindle oasis. It barely fits in an empty side pocket. Does anyone have any hacks/ideas on the best place to store a kindle?
    If you aren't carrying a water bottle, a Kindle Paperwhite or Nintendo Switch fits great in the bottle pocket. Otherwise, you'll have to pack your Kindle like a tablet in the new side-access laptop/tablet compartment.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    If you aren't carrying a water bottle, a Kindle Paperwhite or Nintendo Switch fits great in the bottle pocket. Otherwise, you'll have to pack your Kindle like a tablet in the new side-access laptop/tablet compartment.
    The oasis is pretty wide, so not sure if itíll fit in the bottle pocket (I will check though).

I hadnít even considered putting it in the laptop/tablet compartment. Thatís a GREAT idea. I bet it will fit nicely with my iPad.

Thanks for the idea!

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast