Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woot!
    My blue Parapack Synik 30 arrived this AM. I have Parapack pouches but my first "big bag" in the material. I love, love, love it.

Thank you Tom Bihn!

This design will be so much easier to pack. That extra bit of space will be helpful in getting a whole week of work clothes plus a fair amount of tech into the bag more easily. I bbought a brain bag because I needed a bit more space than my S25 but I've never used it because I never got it packed in a way that I liked better than the S25...will now sell the Brain Bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my black Halcyon Synik 30 yesterday! Love it, the Synik 30 addressed all the problems I had with the Synapse 25. Love the frame, the straps, the extra space, the handle, the clam shell opening - just a fantastic bag overall. I think this has already been addressed but I'll mention it anyway, my Hydro Flask 32oz (Wide Mouth) with straw lid fits in the bottle pocket no problem. The Synik 30 is my first experience with Halcyon, pleasantly surprised at how robust the Halcyon material is! Videos and pictures doesn't do it any justice at how great it looks, and feels in hand. Will post a few pictures in the Review/Pictures board. Great job TB!
    Last edited by metroflex; 10-10-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My synik arrived today -- my first parapack from TB, and I love how silky it is. I have a trip next week so I'm excited to break it in.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwade View Post
    How tall are you? I am 5"9/10 and a wide athletic build. 22/SN19 are too small for me. Plus I need it for hybrid travel and not just straight EDC.
    5'6". Right in the middle. SN22 great for EDC, but the laptop compartment is a smidge too small. SN30 is way more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsEricP View Post
    I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but can someone compare the size and feel of the Synik 30 and the Synapse 25?

Unfortunately my work issued me a 15” MacBook Pro and while i love the computer, it makes picking an EDC bag complicated. I’d love to use the Synik 22 but I’ve read that while technically the 15” will fit in the main compartment, it causes things to be very awkward, uncomfortable and generally is not recommended.

I have a guide edition SN25 that I love but its a bit big for everything except for the 15”.

Thanks in advance.
    If you have the S25 already and it's a bit big, the SN30 is going to feel even bigger. However, in my first test pack of what I normally carry, it is bigger on me width-wise, but because of the layout, it somehow sits flatter. But there's more "lose" material that is sorta bunched up. I really should take pictures.... I'm undecided. It really does look too big for daily carry. SN22 would fit me much more... except for losing that versatility, heh

Torn on these straps. They feel cheaper to me? But pretty comfortable. The edge of the fabric looks like it may fray quickly though Frown At least, since it looks very similar to optech camera straps I've used). Really don't like the jingle, lol (I have an old S25). Yes, I know, can cut em.. but didn't know it'd kill my zipper warranty, heh.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my aubergine S22 today. Am already loving it and looking forward to using it tomorrow.

I’m going to look into selling my S19 and maybe getting an L15 (well, maybe an L15 for next summer).
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone was wondering how the Synik 30 fits on rollaboard handles (as I feared that the bag might be too tall to go through all the way). It happens to fit perfectly on the Rimowa Cabin and the Briggs and Riley Baseline.

The downside is that you do need to flip the straps (you can see where it would otherwise hit the handle of the luggage). The straps flip VERY easily...admittedly doesn't look so stylish flipped, but it works.

Last edited by experimentjon; 10-11-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsEricP View Post
    Unfortunately my work issued me a 15” MacBook Pro and while i love the computer, it makes picking an EDC bag complicated. I’d love to use the Synik 22 but I’ve read that while technically the 15” will fit in the main compartment, it causes things to be very awkward, uncomfortable and generally is not recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by bendan View Post
    Can the Synik 22 fit 15-inch Macbook Pro:

1. without a sleeve in the laptop compartment?
    2. with a sleeve in the main compartment?
    My 15 inch Macbook Pro Retina Touchbar (the current form factor) fits in my newly received production run Synik 22 Ballistic main compartment. I put the laptop in a leftover padded envelope to simulate a thin sleeve. It does not fit in the laptop compartment. The same generation 13 inch macbook pro retina does fit in the laptop compartment via the side or top zipper without a sleeve or plastic casing. The bag does ride a bit lower due to this slightly offset 15 MBP laptop placement and I'd probably also say that it wouldn't be the best for EDC. I suspect that the space used will make the main compartment more awkward to pack around for multi day travel and I'll lose a bit of valuable space.

I'm still pleasantly surprised as a long time original Synapse (19) owner that it fits! The top of the Synik 22 is slightly wider than the Synapse 19, likely due to the laptop sleeve or perhaps it was updated over the years. The 15 laptop is for work and I don't usually travel with it. I'll pick up a thin sleeve for the MBP 15 and put it in my backpack where it will be a better weight distribution than tote or messenger format for longer airport transfers & public transit and put a pair of socks or something at the bottom as a little extra cushion. This will probably necessitate a small tote (co-pilot sized or perhaps the small zip top shopping bag) for some light overflow/domestic flight BYO meal and my Side Kick.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reeder, my iPad Pro doesn't fit in the 22. Breaking my heart...
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only Bihnion who didn't realize the iPad Pro 12 won't fit in the 22? I feel so stupid...
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Mississauga, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Am I the only Bihnion who didn't realize the iPad Pro 12 won't fit in the 22? I feel so stupid...
    Is it in a case?

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. Sorry about your disappointment, though. I'd feel the same way.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarpy View Post
    Is it in a case?
    Yes, the Fintie Keyboard case. I kinda need the keyboard...

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only Bihnion who didn't realize the iPad Pro 12 won't fit in the 22?
    Hm; sounds like they expected this to work for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Synik 22
    Maximum device dimensions for both the external and internal laptop compartment access points:
    12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75” / 314mm x 220mm x 19mm
    Example devices: the 2015 13” MacBook Pro Retina or the 12.9” iPad Pro (with the keyboard case) will fit in the Synik 22 laptop compartment.
    Later in the same post, she mentions that some devices will fit better though one access point than the other; neither works for you?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Hm; sounds like they expected this to work for you:

Later in the same post, she mentions that some devices will fit better though one access point than the other; neither works for you?
    The Fintie case is a lot bulkier than Apple's Smart Keyboard Folio case (which would have cost about 5 times as much).

Dang.

I'm looking to see if there's another non-Apple iPad case I can buy that would fit, before I return the 22...

I can see springing for another $30-40 case. But I will NOT spring for a $200 Apple case.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak about options for the iPad 12 case options. I do have an Apple case for my iPad 9.7 (smart case and also purchased the separate smart keyboard). They've worked well for me. Highly durable, super light and thin. They're definitely pricey but they fit so much better, with a minimalist profile, then 3rd-party case. For the next iPad I purchase (next year), I'll definitely get an Apple case again.

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast