Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I'm looking to see if there's another non-Apple iPad case I can buy that would fit, before I return the 22...
    You might want to consider a slim case and a separate bluetooth keyboard, this will definitely fit - and likely come in lower budget wise than the Smart Keyboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Proud owner of a Synik 22 (Aubergine/Northwest Sky), a Medium Cafť Bag (Alphaviolet), and a whole host of accessories.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get the iPad Pro 12 in the Synik 22 when I tried it out at an Apple retailer. It wonít fit with a bulky case on but with just the Apple Smart Cover it should be with very little problem. I was also able to fit the slightly older MacBook Air 13Ē inside the Synik 22, it was just a little more difficult to get out due to the squareness of the bezels. If you have an iPad Pro 11Ē, it fits just fine in the Synik 22. My husband was able to fit his 13Ē MacBook Air with the Bookcase cover in his Synik 30 with ease. Sometimes the case can make all of the difference. Have you tried the LogicPro case with keyboard? Donít know if that will help but thatís what I use for my iPad Pro 11Ē.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    I was able to get the iPad Pro 12 in the Synik 22 when I tried it out at an Apple retailer. It won’t fit with a bulky case on but with just the Apple Smart Cover it should be with very little problem. I was also able to fit the slightly older MacBook Air 13” inside the Synik 22, it was just a little more difficult to get out due to the squareness of the bezels. If you have an iPad Pro 11”, it fits just fine in the Synik 22. My husband was able to fit his 13” MacBook Air with the Bookcase cover in his Synik 30 with ease. Sometimes the case can make all of the difference. Have you tried the LogicPro case with keyboard? Don’t know if that will help but that’s what I use for my iPad Pro 11”.
    I agree that "Sometimes the case can make all the difference". I also agree that I can insert my older 13" MacBook Air in the Power Support Clear Air Jacket for 13” MacBook Air into the Synik 22 back pocket from the outside, but it's a tight fit. Given all the people who have difficulty with this configuration, I haven't drawn attention to this, because I think that it's generally not going to be practical, and it's actually easier for me to insert the MacBook Air into both the Luminary 15 back pocket with the case on than with it off. In instances like this, I document exactly the model case and laptop that I'm using, and even the details about the insertion method/orientation. You can see my answers to @habanero in the Luminary 15 back pocket and MacBook Air 13? thread, which includes an embedded video from someone who was reviewing this case, and who comments about how closely this case hugs the MacBook Air. You can also see from the photos and from the review video how smooth that case is.

I can't answer questions about the larger iPad Pro because, like @tuskegee7294, I have the 11" iPad Pro model.

moriond

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone post a picture of a Synik 30 next to an A30 and/or Western Flyer

Was considering one as an alternative to either of these bags. The exterior dimensions make it bigger than the WF and about the same as the A30.

This seems like the S30 would be a large backpack then. Iím a visual person, can anyone please provide a comparison photo. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: the ever-so-slightly thinner OMOTON keyboard case for iPad Pro 12 DOES FIT IN THE SYNIK 22!!!!!! Just barely, and I have to angle it in and out. But I’ll take it!!

For some reason, though, it’s harder to get OUT than IN. Does that mean I’m doing something wrong??
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: the ever-so-slightly thinner OMOTON keyboard case for iPad Pro 12 DOES FIT IN THE SYNIK 22!!!!!! Just barely, and I have to angle it in and out. But I’ll take it!!

For some reason, though, it’s harder to get OUT than IN. Does that mean I’m doing something wrong??
    Can you post a picture please?

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reeder, my iPad Pro doesn't fit in the 22. Breaking my heart...
    This doesn't help in your case (for which I am sorry), but for anyone wondering about the S30, I am currently traveling with a 14" Thinkpad and the 12.9" iPad Pro in a Supcase w pen attached, both stacked on top of each other in the laptop compartment, using side access.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    Can anyone post a picture of a Synik 30 next to an A30 and/or Western Flyer

Was considering one as an alternative to either of these bags. The exterior dimensions make it bigger than the WF and about the same as the A30.

This seems like the S30 would be a large backpack then. Iím a visual person, can anyone please provide a comparison photo. Thanks.

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-30s-compairson-side-jpg

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-30s-comparison-back-jpg

Each bag is packed with four hand towels and two giant bath sheet towels. I've taken the foam back thingy out of my A30, and the frame sheet out of the S30. It *is* a large backpack, and it keeps its shape even when underpacked, unlike my Halcyon A30.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít have the iPad Pro 3rd gen which is slightly smaller but I do have the 2nd gen 12.9.

With smart keyboard and rear silicone case it fits from the inside but not the outside side pocket. Although itís a rear tight squeeze in the internal pocket.

With just the Smart Keyboard and not silicone case, it fits both ways relatively easily (although not lots of room). If a rear case is that important, then Iíll just carry it in the bag with me.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-30s-compairson-side-jpg

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-30s-comparison-back-jpg

Each bag is packed with four hand towels and two giant bath sheet towels. I've taken the foam back thingy out of my A30, and the frame sheet out of the S30. It *is* a large backpack, and it keeps its shape even when underpacked, unlike my Halcyon A30.
    Wow. Thanks so much. That really helps to confirm just how big the S30 is. I really appreciate you doing this as I think it has confirmed that my S22 is a keeper.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if they ever do make an in-between Synik, I'm a goner. I'll be dropping another few hundred bucks for just a little less bulk. Hopefully that won't happen for a few years.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone post a picture or 2 of a 15 MacBook Pro with Touchbar inside a Synik 22? I really, REALLY want the smaller size but i have to take my work computer around with me from time to time so it has to at least fit in the main compartment. My iPad Pro 11 will be in the back compartment.

Thanks to anyone that can help. This community is the best.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsEricP View Post
    Can anyone post a picture or 2 of a 15 MacBook Pro with Touchbar inside a Synik 22? I really, REALLY want the smaller size but i have to take my work computer around with me from time to time so it has to at least fit in the main compartment. My iPad Pro 11 will be in the back compartment.

Thanks to anyone that can help. This community is the best.
    Check out Chase Reeves review on the bag. He talks about putting his 15Ē MacBook inside the S22.

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VCURAM228 View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    Welcome to the Forums @VCURAM228!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast