Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaaand.... update to the update: my new OMOTON iPad case turns out to be not compatible with the glass screen protector I'd put on it. Because it fits so tightly, it pushes the edge of the screen protector up. Which is not a good thing.

The manufacturer actually very kindly offered to send me a compatible screen protector they make. But it won't get here before I have to leave for my work trip.

So I have one more of the same glass screen protectors (it came in a kit of 2); I'll put it on, go back to the Fintie keyboard case (thank heavens I didn't return it), and see if there's something else I can put in the back pocket of the Synik 22 instead of my iPad.

But I'm bummed.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @VCURAM228!
    Thank you.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t sure if A30 vs SN30 question should be here or here : https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post182406

I would appreciate some advice if you have any. It would be a very expensive return so I have to to get it right first time Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my Synik30 and have to say that I love it! This will truly enable one-bag travel for me as it fits a medium size Eagle Creek packing folder.

For those wondering, the side zipper will allow a Lenovo X1 Extreme 15" laptop to fit as well!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mceagle555 View Post
    Just got my Synik30 and have to say that I love it! This will truly enable one-bag travel for me as it fits a medium size Eagle Creek packing folder.

For those wondering, the side zipper will allow a Lenovo X1 Extreme 15" laptop to fit as well!
    Welcome to the Forums, @mceagle555! I'm glad you like your Synik 30, and it's good to hear that that's another model of laptop that fits it well.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Darcy says:
    "No UV combinations are in the cards this year. Maybe next year if there’s enough requests."

Request: Aubergine/UV Synik 22? Smilie

Darcy says:
    "Good news about the 11” iPad Pro with the case being able to fit!

I have a (older) 13” MacBook Air and while I can get it in the Synik 22, I wouldn’t recommend that / we won’t recommend people try to fit one in there. It’s just a little too big to fit -- the bezel around the screen of the older 13" MacBook Air is over 1/2" on each side, which ends up making it rather large for a 13" laptop. A more modern bezel is about 1/4" or less. Laptops the size of the 2015-and-later 13” MacBook Pro or the newer 13" Air Retina will fit just fine.

To make the length of the opening of the exterior access laptop compartment longer, we would have needed to make the entire Synik 22 taller — and then it wouldn’t have fit those who are shorter in height as well."

Would all the Caches that fit in the Daylight Briefcase fit in the Synik 22?

I second the Aubergine/UV Synik 22!! I had a chance at a A45 in that color combo years ago but didn’t act fast enough. I eventually got the A45 in Aubergine/Wasabi but still think about the Aubergine/UV.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blue + Coyote Synik 30 was in my basket, spent 15 mins adding in other stuff...OOS.

Seems all but the parapack ones flew off the shelves.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer. Gotta act fast. I think I was in and out in about 3 mins. Then again I wasn't going for the Coyote after seeing pics last night (just not for me). I went with a SN22 in Deep Blue and Iberian.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BihnBag View Post
    The Blue + Coyote Synik 30 was in my basket, spent 15 mins adding in other stuff...OOS.

Seems all but the parapack ones flew off the shelves.
    I was on the website too and missed the window as well for a Black 525/Island Synik 30. Oh well, there is always Thursday to try again.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanrahan1 View Post
    Oh well, there is always Thursday to try again.
    Welcome to the forums, @thanrahan1; here's hoping you get the bag you want on Thursday. Smilie Do you have any accessories in mind?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello x3n0n,

Yes i do have accessories in mind. I have two Synapse backpacks and a Daylight and I like the Tom Bihn accessories because I like to reconfigure my bags quickly and go depending on the activity (i.e. Hiking with the kids, Scuba, or just work). I have been away from my Tom Bihn bags for sometime and saw a co-worker with a Synik 30 and it's time to go back (plus the other messenger bags I tried did not hold up or were not easy to organize).

For my purchase, I need (want really) a new snake charmer, some travel Stuff Sacks (never used before), the Freudian Slip, and the Tri-Star packing cubes (never used before and want to see if I could just travel on small trips with just the Synik 30). I too am getting some smaller organizers.

Take care

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the newly announced MacBook Pro 16" fit in the Synik 30? (In case people are wondering as I have been).

Yes!

MacBook Pro 16" is 14.09" x 9.68" x 0.64" / 357mm x 245.0mm x 16.2mm

Laptop compartment in Synik is 14.15” x 9.75” x 0.75” / 359mm x 248mm x 19mm

(Edited to say Synik not Synapse doh!)
    Last edited by Neilster; 11-13-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, @Neilster, and thanks for the info; great news for anyone interested in either!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilster View Post
    Will the newly announced MacBook Pro 16" fit in the Synapse 30? (In case people are wondering as I have been).

Yes!

MacBook Pro 16" is 14.09" x 9.68" x 0.64" / 357mm x 245.0mm x 16.2mm

Laptop compartment in Synapse is 14.15” x 9.75” x 0.75” / 359mm x 248mm x 19mm
    My 1st generation Retina MacBook Pro is a little bigger than the new 16-inch MacBook Pro. My 1st generation MBP fits in my Synik 30.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Mars Red Synik as dark as the Mars Red version on a brain bag? The pictures on the site and in the reviews still make it seem to be very bright.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast