Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russes View Post
    My 1st generation Retina MacBook Pro is a little bigger than the new 16-inch MacBook Pro. My 1st generation MBP fits in my Synik 30.
    Welcome to the Forums @russes, thanks for sharing your experience with the MacBook sizing.
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genkiba View Post
    Is the Mars Red Synik as dark as the Mars Red version on a brain bag? The pictures on the site and in the reviews still make it seem to be very bright.
    The Mars Red is the same 525d ballistic on both bags, so they're the same colour. It's a hard colour to photograph... to me it's a deep almost cranberry'ish red.
    If you contact the fine folks in Customer Service and ask, they'll send you a free swatch of the colour.

You could also consider getting a Cubelet or a Ghost Whale pouch if you want to see more of it in person and live with it a while before committing to a larger bag.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the red Synik is dark red. I was surprised, too. I was expecting the bright red that was in the photos. It’s still fine, but not what I was expecting.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mceagle555 View Post
    Just got my Synik30 and have to say that I love it! This will truly enable one-bag travel for me as it fits a medium size Eagle Creek packing folder.

For those wondering, the side zipper will allow a Lenovo X1 Extreme 15" laptop to fit as well!
    This is exciting! I just ordered a Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2 and I'm interested in getting the Synik 30 as a means to carry it.

The maximum size listed on the Synik 30 page for laptop compartment is "359mm x 248mm x 19mm" and the Lenovo X1E2 is listed as 361.8mm x 245.7mm x 18.4mm (same as the Gen 1), so I was concerned that the length being ~6mm 'too long' for the Synik 30 might result in it not being protected as well in the event that it is dropped.

Would you be able to speak on whether the laptop fits comfortably in the laptop compartment, or does it sort of stretch the bag over its corners? I'm thinking if it stretches the bag, a drop at the wrong angle would effectively be like dropping the laptop on its corner/edge. You mentioned your X1 Extreme fits the side zipper; does it also fit through the internal zipper?

Thanks in advance for the information Big Grin

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genkiba View Post
    Is the Mars Red Synik as dark as the Mars Red version on a brain bag? The pictures on the site and in the reviews still make it seem to be very bright.
    Hi @Genkiba,

I've posted a reply in the Update on the 11/5 Synik restock colors thread that includes some color accurate renditions of Mars Red, including links to other threads that show pictures of Mars Red bags and accessories under a variety of lighting conditions. (These include the Brain Bag, Synapse 19, Cubelets, Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch, and Cafe Bag -- and yes, the Mars Red color is standard across this product line. There's also a comparison of 525d Mars Red Ballistic Nylon with a Pantone color reference.)

HTH

moriond

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilster View Post
    Will the newly announced MacBook Pro 16" fit in the Synik 30? (In case people are wondering as I have been).

Yes!
    I just purchased the 16-inch MacBook Pro. It fits in the Synik 30. No issues.

The 16-inch MacBook Pro can fit inside the dimensions of the first generation Retina MacBook Pro. Either laptop will fit in the Synik 30. Any sizing concerns? Use the 1st generation retina MacBook Pro as a sizing guide.

If you have the neoprene cache for the 15-inch MacBook Pro, you'll find the 16-inch easily fits in the neoprene cache.

Hope this eliminates any confusion.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone here moved from a Herschel little America mid volume (the smaller 17 litre bag) to the Synik 22? Were you happy with the Synik?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I was just wondering when the guides edition will be released for the Synik 30? I really like the idea of having external lash straps and doubled zipper lower pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afquijano View Post
    Hello. I was just wondering when the guides edition will be released for the Synik 30? I really like the idea of having external lash straps and doubled zipper lower pocket.
    Welcome to the Forums @Afquijano!

No date has been announced, but @Darcy indicated that they were thinking sometime in 2020.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @Afquijano!

No date has been announced, but @Darcy indicated that they were thinking sometime in 2020.
    Thanks for quick info. With the release coming Dec 2, I donít know if I should wait for next year. More so I donít know if I can wait for next year lol.

More than the external lash strap holder, the doubled lower zipper is what I like. It would allow me to secure the zippers with a lock if need be.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for quick info. With the release coming Dec 2, I don’t know if I should wait for next year. More so I don’t know if I can wait for next year lol.

More than the external lash strap holder, the doubled lower zipper is what I like. It would allow me to secure the zippers with a lock if need be.
    My 2cents: given the traditional Cyber Monday release on top of the Synik debut, I doubt (this is pure speculation, no insider knowledge) that the Guide's Edition would be in the first month or two, so it depends on how pressing your want/need is.
    I like the GE looks and extra features too, but don't have one since my torso is too short for the GE S25 and they haven't done an S19 version. And so far they've mentioned GE for the Synik 30, not 22.

With regards to the lower pocket double zipper, it is neat and functional for access... and a lock or zip-tie will slow someone down, but a determined thief can still get into your bag, so I'm not sure how strong of a driver that should be for you. The zippers are pretty 'positive' in engagement so hopefully you'd notice someone tugging on them, unless they've sent out the decoys to distract... If you're in a sketchy area, I'd carry the bag on your front regardless.
    It's certainly a lot to consider!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of Synik updates:

Photos of the Steel Parapack/Navy Parapack Synik 30 have been uploaded; you can see them here. Long story short: we accidentally cut Steel Parapack S30 exteriors instead of interiors, so that's why this color combination exists. It won't be offered again, in part because we're out of Steel Parapack fabric.

Just to confirm, we will split the Synik 22 and Synik 30 restock along with the debut items: part of the Synik stock will go up at 8:00am and the next part will go up at 1:00pm (Pacific Time).

We're awaiting just two more materials/components for the Guide's Editions. I just checked in on the status/timeline for those materials, and based on the updated timeline as to when we can expect to receive them, I think we could offer the Guide's Edition pre-order as soon as early February. No guarantee though; we don't make any promises on dates until the materials have actually arrived at our factory Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Photos of the Steel Parapack/Navy Parapack Synik 30 have been uploaded; you can see them here. Long story short: we accidentally cut Steel Parapack S30 exteriors instead of interiors, so that's why this color combination exists. It won't be offered again, in part because we're out of Steel Parapack fabric.
    Le Sigh... no accidental cuts of the Synik 22!?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Le Sigh... no accidental cuts of the Synik 22!?
    Hehe, no. I see where you're coming from though... the Steel/Navy did turn out to be a good combo.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Just to confirm, we will split the Synik 22 and Synik 30 restock along with the debut items: part of the Synik stock will go up at 8:00am and the next part will go up at 1:00pm (Pacific Time).

We're awaiting just two more materials/components for the Guide's Editions. I just checked in on the status/timeline for those materials, and based on the updated timeline as to when we can expect to receive them, I think we could offer the Guide's Edition pre-order as soon as early February. No guarantee though; we don't make any promises on dates until the materials have actually arrived at our factory Smilie

Thank you so much for the information.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37