Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russes View Post
    I just purchased the 16-inch MacBook Pro. It fits in the Synik 30. No issues.

The 16-inch MacBook Pro can fit inside the dimensions of the first generation Retina MacBook Pro. Either laptop will fit in the Synik 30. Any sizing concerns? Use the 1st generation retina MacBook Pro as a sizing guide.

If you have the neoprene cache for the 15-inch MacBook Pro, you'll find the 16-inch easily fits in the neoprene cache.

Hope this eliminates any confusion.
    With the MacBook Pro 16 and that compartment, anything to be aware of in regards to packing the Synik? I currently have a Synapse 25 and use the cache system to suspend and protect my older Retina MBP and current. I did have a GoRuck but was paranoid of the laptop compartment and pressure from my back or contents in front pushing on the MBP. Is it a snug fit with the MBP and are you able to take the MBP in and out easily?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never put my MacBook Pro in a cache of any sort, and it's always been perfectly fine. I think they're a lot less delicate than IPads (which don't come with protective covers).

Then again, I don't let my backpack drop to the floor with a thud, I don't step on it or leave it where someone else can step on it.

(Now that I've said this, I've probably jinxed my poor MacBook...)
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I've never put my MacBook Pro in a cache of any sort, and it's always been perfectly fine. I think they're a lot less delicate than IPads (which don't come with protective covers).

Then again, I don't let my backpack drop to the floor with a thud, I don't step on it or leave it where someone else can step on it.

(Now that I've said this, I've probably jinxed my poor MacBook...)
    I've always been confident in using the cache, I'm just wondering how much protection the dedicated pocket provides for front/back protection. The bottom sounds like it is suspended / false bottom so I am not worried on that part.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Synapse 25 user since 2015, every day with a cache for my MacBook Pro.

I'm a recent Synik user, and while there is a LOT to like about this bag (parapack, clamshell, new handle, straps, slight capacity bump, to name a few), I am not as deliriously happy with the user experience with the laptop compartment.

I don't like the thinness and meshy nature of the divider between the laptop compartment and the main body. It *feels* inadequate and insubstantial, though I have no experiences that would suggest that it actually IS inadequate. I fear that something with a hard corner in the main body will scratch my laptop.

I'd expected something more akin to the cache material.

I'm also struggling a bit with the outside zipper access to the laptop compartment. The zipper is a bit harder to use than I had expected, and in particular, it catches on a place where the fabric is less taut at the 9/10's open mark, making it necessary to use two hands.

These are small things, and the former may not BE an actual problem even while it feels like one, and the latter may improve with break-in.
    Last edited by benh; 12-21-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: missing word

Forum Member
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    I'm a Synapse 25 user since 2015, every day with a cache for my MacBook Pro.

I'm a recent Synik user, and while there is a LOT to like about this bag (parapack, clamshell, new handle, straps, slight capacity bump, to name a few), I am not as deliriously happy with the user experience with the laptop compartment.

I don't like the thinness and meshy nature of the divider between the laptop compartment and the main body. It *feels* inadequate and insubstantial, though I have no experiences that would suggest that it actually IS inadequate. I fear that something with a hard corner in the main body will scratch my laptop.

I'd expected something more akin to the cache material.

I'm also struggling a bit with the outside zipper access to the laptop compartment. The zipper is a bit harder to use than I had expected, and in particular, it catches on a place where the fabric is less taut at the 9/10's open mark, making it necessary to use two hands.

These are small things, and the former may not BE an actual problem even while it feels like one, and the latter may improve with break-in.
    Thank you for the info, I was trying to check, was there any way to mount a cache inside if I felt it was not protective? I know it might be over kill until I break in the laptop compartment with an iPad or other device.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my Synik on a zoo trip recently. The trip lasted the whole day. I initially packed the main compartment with some heavy things: 1L flask, 300ml flask, crackers, chips, camera with 2 lens. For me, when the bag was worn it was heavy, noticeable, but quite comfortable. I didn't forget that I was wearing a backpack like some others have mentioned.

Anyway, the weather was hotter than expected. Sun was out and there was alot of walking and I also had a toddler to tend to.

My shoulders and back quickly worked up a sweat real quickly. I started to wonder does the new foam straps absorb sweat? What about the back mesh?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToadStop View Post
    Thank you for the info, I was trying to check, was there any way to mount a cache inside if I felt it was not protective? I know it might be over kill until I break in the laptop compartment with an iPad or other device.
    There are a set of cache loops inside the main compartment, on the front panel, so you can definitely install a cache.

Forum Member
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    There are a set of cache loops inside the main compartment, on the front panel, so you can definitely install a cache.
    TY for the information, in the time I had posted , I ordered and already received my new Synik 30. Thank again!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm debating between the Synik 22 and the Synik 30. At my lightest it'll be an iPad Pro 11 with some notebooks but at it's heaviest it would be a Macbook Pro 16" with the iPad and notebook with a water bottle. I keep leaning towards the 30 but I don't know how the bag would look when it's so thin? Can anyone speak to the thinness of the 30 when it's not full?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive occasionally made short trips with my Synik 30 packed lightly and an iPad Pro in the laptop compartment. No issues. The nice thing about the Synik 30 IMHO is that it looks great empty or full. I think it’s partially due to the internal frame, which I do leave in all the time.

I don’t think a MacBook Pro 16” will fit in the Synik 22 laptop compartment.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. One of the reasons I got a 30 is that it looks and works great whether empty or full (unlike my A30 which is ideal for heavy packing, but to floppy for quick trips).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now while the Macbook Pro 16in won't fit inside the laptop compartment in the Synik 22, does anyone know if it'll fit within the main cavity of the bag?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgutierrez View Post
    Now while the Macbook Pro 16in won't fit inside the laptop compartment in the Synik 22, does anyone know if it'll fit within the main cavity of the bag?
    I donít know about the 16in, but my 15in 2017 MacBook Pro fits in the main compartment. I think the 16in is a tiny bit bigger.
    Synapse 25 Black/Wasabi Cordova, Pilot Navy/Northwest Sky Ballistic Nylon, Co-Pilot Black/Wasabi Halcyon, Aeronaut 45 Black/Wasabi Ballistic Nylon

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpgutierrez View Post
    If no one positively confirms, you can always reach out to the fine folks in Customer Service
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Iíve been contemplating a Synik 30 for a while. To use as carry on/ or in combination with a wheeled Carry-On.
    Have been using a SA, but I would like a dedicated place to put an iPad/laptop and easier access.
    One thing that is giving me pause is on most pictures synapses and Syniks seem to hang pretty low, is the hey way they are design to work?
    I prefer to wear my backpacks high. Does it affect the comfort of it?
    Thanks

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast