Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it depends how tall you are. On their website when you look at the Synapse 19 and 25 they do suggest certain height of the wearer. I remember for the Synapse 25 the recommended a height of 1.68m and above.

The Synik pages doesn't specify the wearer height, but I've read many times that Synapse 25 and Synik 30 are the same height dimensions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by King_Qong; 01-17-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marubex View Post
    Hi! I’ve been contemplating a Synik 30 for a while. To use as carry on/ or in combination with a wheeled Carry-On.
    Have been using a SA, but I would like a dedicated place to put an iPad/laptop and easier access.
    One thing that is giving me pause is on most pictures synapses and Syniks seem to hang pretty low, is the hey way they are design to work?
    I prefer to wear my backpacks high. Does it affect the comfort of it?
    Thanks
    I think those photos just reflect wearer preference. I also prefer a higher posture on my backpacks, and have found the Synapse/Synik to be very comfortable. I'm able to get them both high and snug.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marubex View Post
    One thing that is giving me pause is on most pictures synapses and Syniks seem to hang pretty low, is the hey way they are design to work?
    I prefer to wear my backpacks high.
    You can wear it any way you want: just adjust the straps to suit your preference.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the responses! They are certainly encouraging!
    I donít have any tb packing cubes, I have eagle creek specter, do you know how many would fit?
    I am not in the us so hard to spend that kind of $ without trying /seeing

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a SA and it fits me (5'6" female) great. Spent 12 days in Italy with it (conference clothes & shoes + laptop (no cache) + sightseeing clothes + communal electronics + gifts back home). I could fit SO MUCH more into the SA than an S25 I tried on (which does not fit my frame at all, too long). I also wear bps high on my back and don't like them bouncing off my butt.

What size EC spectre bags and which shape? I have several I can try for you. I think I had shoes on the bottom, conference blazer layered flat, then either a small cube for shirts (rolled) or a shirt envelope (the one that has the board in it), one XS for socks/undies (rolled), one S or M for spare pants/pj pants (folded), and still had just under 1/2 the BP left for all other items. I tend to prefer smaller cubes because they're more maneuverable to pack.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you earth5, I have the specter cubes in M and S, both non compresible and compresible, kind for rectangular shape. I also have a shirt envelope which I almost never use, I feel it takes so much space, though probably I'm not using it correctly. Where do you fit your laptop? I've usually travel with an iPad Pro 12.9" but if I take it out to use in flight then it becomes a hassle to put it back in. Thanks so much for the help

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I use the shirt envelope I pack it against my back so that it provides a shield frame to simplify sliding my laptop in and out. I put the laptop (Macbook Pro) between my back and the envelope (laptop doesn't snag when sliding it back in). Still leaves me room to use the tall 3D rectangular zips (I have 2) plus the XS, S, and M flatter cubes. I don't have the compressible ones, but if you give me some numbers and combos I can load them up and take some pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am wondering what is the timeline on the S22 that are in production, trying to decide if I should do the GE pre-order or wait for the restock.
    Also are there any future plans for Syniks with parapack and halcyon interiors?

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, @homerslog! The best way to get answers about production plans (timelines, color combinations, etc) is to ask TB's excellent customer service staff. You can email them at emailus@tombihn.com, chat with them via the website, or call at the phone number on the website.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Do you think a peak design 5l sling would fit at the bottom of a sn22 ? Sn30?
    Itís Dimensions are 12.2" (31cm) x 7.48" (19cm) x 4.33" (11cm)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donít think so...the 5L Sling is much too wide

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this video of the Synik 22, a Lenovo is pulled out of the bag.

What model Lenovo is this?

I may have the same one and, if so, will purchase the pack.

Wisconsin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much bigger is the Synik 30 fully packed vs the Synapse 25 fully packed? I have a 2015 Synapse 25 in black cordura that I love but that Synik 30 Wilderness Guide's Edition looks beautiful! I have many TB bags but always come back to the Synapse 25 for my 15" MacBook Pro.

I love the updates on the Synik 30 but don't want it a lot bigger than my Synapse 25. Thanks for any help!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificPaul View Post
    In this video of the Synik 22, a Lenovo is pulled out of the bag.

What model Lenovo is this?

I may have the same one and, if so, will purchase the pack.
    That's the Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation *but* it's actually just a little too big of a laptop for us to recommend it as a good fit in the Synik 22. Its dimensions are 12.7 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches and the maximum device dimensions recommended for the Synik 22 are 12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75”..... the Synik 30 would fit that laptop, but I know you were asking about the 22. I'm sorry about that: that's the only laptop our video person had on hand when the Synik 22 video was filmed.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just my imagination or are the sternum strap sliders shorter on the Syniks than on the Synapses? It feels that way to me, at least, when I put them on for comparison purposes.

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast