Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    I think those photos just reflect wearer preference. I also prefer a higher posture on my backpacks, and have found the Synapse/Synik to be very comfortable. I'm able to get them both high and snug.
    Me too. I have S19, S22, and S25 and find them all comfortable. All also have a sternum strap which helps me keep the bags high.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's the Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation *but* it's actually just a little too big of a laptop for us to recommend it as a good fit in the Synik 22. Its dimensions are 12.7 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches and the maximum device dimensions recommended for the Synik 22 are 12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75”..... the Synik 30 would fit that laptop, but I know you were asking about the 22. I'm sorry about that: that's the only laptop our video person had on hand when the Synik 22 video was filmed.
    Thanks, Darcy! I was hoping you'd say the T480, but no worries. I think I'll just upgrade to the Synik 30.

I don't see a Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon available or even in production for the S30. Is this design in the pipeline?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the blog:
    "Note: our newly invented Strap Keepers will be available for order in Coyote around mid-late February; we'll send a heads-up email to everyone who has pre-ordered a Guide's Edition when that happens."
    Coming soon?
    Also, does anyone think these would be useful for the hip strap, waist strap or sternum strap, or would that just be overkill and cumbersome?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificPaul View Post
    Thanks, Darcy! I was hoping you'd say the T480, but no worries. I think I'll just upgrade to the Synik 30.

I don't see a Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon available or even in production for the S30. Is this design in the pipeline?
    Sorry! I missed your question until now.

With all of the new colors, we found ourselves needing to reduce some existing colors of Synik 30, and I think that's why you're not seeing Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon as an option right now. That said, it *is* a very popular color combination, so I think you will see that color combination return in future production runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    From the blog:
    "Note: our newly invented Strap Keepers will be available for order in Coyote around mid-late February; we'll send a heads-up email to everyone who has pre-ordered a Guide's Edition when that happens."
    Coming soon?
    Yes, coming soon! Early-mid March, and they'll debut with another small handy item: the Swivel Double Carabiners in three sizes (Small, Medium, Large) in various colors.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's the Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th Generation *but* it's actually just a little too big of a laptop for us to recommend it as a good fit in the Synik 22. Its dimensions are 12.7 x 8.5 x 0.6 inches and the maximum device dimensions recommended for the Synik 22 are 12.35” x 8.65” x 0.75”..... the Synik 30 would fit that laptop, but I know you were asking about the 22. I'm sorry about that: that's the only laptop our video person had on hand when the Synik 22 video was filmed.
    So does this X1 can be reached through side zipper easily?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was getting close to ordering a TB bag, but then I noticed that there’s no external side pocket for a water bottle or coffee cup. Am I seeing that right? It looks like the Synapse has a spot in the bag, and I know there’s a clip for a hydration hose, but nothing like a pocket on the North Face bags or other bags, right?

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    I was getting close to ordering a TB bag, but then I noticed that there’s no external side pocket for a water bottle or coffee cup. Am I seeing that right? It looks like the Synapse has a spot in the bag, and I know there’s a clip for a hydration hose, but nothing like a pocket on the North Face bags or other bags, right?
    The Bihn bags favor inside-centered water bottle pockets both because it's easier to carry the heavier usually single bottle centered in the pack and also because it doesn't jut out on the side of the bag where it'll hit things (especially if the bag is as wide or wider than the wearer!). On the Synapse / Synik it's the top center zipper - that pocket is deep and holds most large water bottles, plus there's an internal pocket to hold a bladder or whatever else. Another example is the Pilot, which has an immediately obvious center pocket (I have to say it's the coolest ever for business use! No lugging around a bottle or coffee mug, goes discreetly in your bag).

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-tom-bihn-synapse-25-water-bottle-pocket-jpg

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-unnamed760-png
    Last edited by GrussGott; 02-23-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @father_dawg !
    @GrussGott has it right, the water bottle pockets tend to be integrated and centered
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    The Bihn bags favor inside-centered water bottle pockets both because it's easier to carry the heavier usually single bottle centered in the pack and also because it doesn't jut out on the side of the bag where it'll hit things (especially if the bag is as wide or wider than the wearer!). On the Synapse / Synik it's the top center zipper - that pocket is deep and holds most large water bottles, plus there's an internal pocket to hold a bladder or whatever else. Another example is the Pilot, which has an immediately obvious center pocket (I have to say it's the coolest ever for business use! No lugging around a bottle or coffee mug, goes discreetly in your bag).

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-tom-bihn-synapse-25-water-bottle-pocket-jpg

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-unnamed760-png
    Thanks for the reply. I’m in the market for a new laptop (probably the 16” MBP, unless the 13” becomes a 14” with comparable specs), and I’m looking for a bag to prepare for that. I normally carry both a water bottle and a coffee cup, but if that pocket is deep enough, I may not need to worry about it. I’ve got at 32 oz widemouth Hyrdoflask, so that’s what I need to account for.

Thanks again; the photo is very helpful! Which bag is that that you’ve shown on the top?

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again; the photo is very helpful! Which bag is that that you’ve shown on the top?
    no problem - on the top photo, that's the Synapse 25 and the bottle is the Yeti 26oz; I can validate that 2(!) of the Yeti 26oz will fit in the water bottle pocket as I use two every week when I hike!

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-2yetis-jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long time listener, first time caller.

I have the Synapse25, and love everything about the bag, except for the fact that I find it near impossible to carry it on a single shoulder without the strap slipping off, which I carry my bag one shouldered probably 90% of the time (Airports/airplanes/meeting to meeting, often in a suit jacket which makes 2 shoulder carry a bit trickier). I'm 6'3" and 270, so I know I'm not "normal" sized, but not sure if that's the impetus of this or not.

I know that the straps for the S30 have been redesigned, but was curious as to whether anyone knows if the redesign will help this particular issue?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippersaurus View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller.
    Welcome to the Forums @Flippersaurus !

I haven't found the TB backpacks to be that different than any other for single shoulder carry... I have the strap loose enough to get into, but tight enough to sit on my shoulder most of the time, knowing that it isn't nearly as secure as carrying on both shoulders.
    I'm sure others will chime in with their perspectives.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it near impossible to carry it on a single shoulder without the strap slipping off
    How exactly are you holding it? for example, elbow back and thumb/forefinger hooked on the strap? Like this guy:

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-entrance-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that the straps for the S30 have been redesigned, but was curious as to whether anyone knows if the redesign will help this particular issue?
    I have a Synik 30 and although I love it quite a bit I have the same “one strap carry” issues. It’s a combo of the strap being slick, its connection point at the top of the bag, and its proximity to the second strap. I’ve slung backpacks with one strap for almost 30 years so it’s weird to have an issue with it now. That said, I’m getting in the habit of putting both straps on right away and it’s so comfortable I forgive the one-strap issue fairly quickly. Smilie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the width of a 16" mbp is 14", is it able to fit in a Synik 22 (not in the laptop compartment, but in the general storage area)?

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast