Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesuburb View Post
    I just received my Synik 30 Guide's Edition in Ursa. It's really pretty. I think it's a bad move to not stock these and sell them regularly. It's that nice.

At least for me, I see this as a really nice upgrade from my Synapse 25. It just feels more expensive. I really do like the side loading laptop slot and it fits my laptop which is slightly larger than a Macbook Pro 16 just fine. The front/side pockets being enlarged really makes a difference too. The clam shell is great to since it has a side access slot. I typically don't like clam shells, because I've had one open up and my laptop fall out once. No issue with side loading.
    Would you be able to post a picture of the Ursa GE Synik please. I got the black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front/side pockets being enlarged really makes a difference too.
    Great that you really like the GE version of the SN30! Ursa is a great colour, I just received my Monster Truck in Ursa and a SN22 GE in Wilderness.

With regards to the central & side pockets on the pack, my understand is that the change made a few months ago is consistent across the Synapse 19 & Synik 22, the Synapse 25 & Synik 30, and the Guide's Editions for all the most recent production. That is, the front side pockets borrow room from the center water bottle pocket.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afquijano View Post
    Would you be able to post a picture of the Ursa GE Synik please. I got the black.

Here you go. Its on a chocolate brown leather chair so you can compare. Its an odd color. Not really brown or gray, but more gray.

Synik 22 / 30 Questions & Answers-img_0395-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is S30 Ursa next to S25 Black next to S30 Nebulous for a full comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love love love that Nebulos! Thanks for this photo comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlguy919 View Post
    Love love love that Nebulos! Thanks for this photo comparison.

Me too! Gorgeous. I might have to buy one if they sell them again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ursa looks marvelous! (They all do, but Ursa is drawing my attention more Smilie) I think the warmth of the brown works really well with the coyote trim, but it still has that neutral, gray-toned reserve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Synik 22 arrived yesterday! Very spiffy (I got the black, after hours of comparing with Nebulous Gray and Aubergine). I especially love how the coyote trim on the bottom pocket cleverly changes the visual proportions of that area. It's a great size for me at <5' - the bag sits *above* my sacrum which was a problem with the L15 (too long for my torso --> returned). My 2017-model Macbook juuuust fits in the laptop compartment, though I can't fit it in via the side zip. I can't put it in a sleeve either but that's not a drawback, I wanted to ditch the extra weight anyway. It does make it trickier to pull the smooth laptop out of the pocket. I may throw a big ribbon in there, to help me lift it up from the bottom.

Now to just end this pandemic, so that I can take the SN22 on a trip!! Right now my Maker's Bag and Trucks are seeing the most use, to carry things up and down the stairs. Big Grin

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @haraya ,

Glad you like your new Black Guide’s Edition Synik 22. Take a look at @maverick ’s video unboxing of his Black GE Synik 30 (and comparison with his Black Synik 30) if you want to see the larger version of your Synik on display.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received my Synik 30 Guide's Edition in Ursa. It's really pretty. I think it's a bad move to not stock these and sell them regularly. It's that nice.

At least for me, I see this as a really nice upgrade from my Synapse 25. It just feels more expensive. I really do like the side loading laptop slot and it fits my laptop which is slightly larger than a Macbook Pro 16 just fine. The front/side pockets being enlarged really makes a difference too. The clam shell is great to since it has a side access slot. I typically don't like clam shells, because I've had one open up and my laptop fall out once. No issue with side loading.
    I totally agree. I wish the GE's were a regular feature. I missed the chance during the preorder and am kicking myself.
    Funny you should mention that a clam shell bag opened up on you once. This is the ONE feature of the Synik that really prevents me from purchasing it. I know they have beefy zippers, and in all honesty, I'm sure they would never open up. But the fact that there is a possibility really worries me. That's why I think I'm going to go with the Synapse 25. I'm still torn though.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42