Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixed zipper pull colours

Will Tom Bihn ever sell a mixed colour zip pull set?

Before my morning coffee I seriously can't remember which zipper is the water bottle holder. I sometimes open the wrong side pocket to get my keys. The two front pockets and side pocket on the Synapse meet when closed. Would be nice to be able to grab the right one at glance because of contrasting coloured pulls. With the side zipper on the new Synik at a glance being able to see if you closed the laptop side pocket.

I don't want to buy 4 different zipper pulls bags at $5 each plus shipping and only use one. I will happily buy a mixed one with any colours on my next order (pre-ordering the Synik)

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could buy some paracord in colors and make your own?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Go Navy... paracord is fairly inexpensive and you can get it at most craft stores. It would probably be more trouble than it's worth for TB to do it.

You could also consider getting a meetup together with any fellow Bihnions in your area to compare bags and maybe swap cord pull colours if folks have extras.
    Last edited by G42; 07-27-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could string a bead onto the pull for the water bottle pocket so you could tell it apart-could color code that way, or even just use a black one that you could tell by feel.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also buy just the plastic "tabs" or bits only from Tom Bihn last time I checked.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    You can also buy just the plastic "tabs" or bits only from Tom Bihn last time I checked.
    I don't see that on the TB website now, and I don't remember seeing it in the past either--though I can't say it was never an option, so perhaps you've seen it sometime. I bet a lot of us have spares though and would be willing to share them with anyone who needs extra! (I have several little plastic bags filled with plastic ends for zipper pulls...)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I don't see that on the TB website now, and I don't remember seeing it in the past either--though I can't say it was never an option, so perhaps you've seen it sometime. I bet a lot of us have spares though and would be willing to share them with anyone who needs extra! (I have several little plastic bags filled with plastic ends for zipper pulls...)
    It's either my faulty memory, or discontinued. Thanks for the correction/update.

NYC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you order paracord, get the 425 pound weight, not the 550 pound weight. The 550 will fit through the zipper but not easily. The 425 is slimmer.
    "Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." -- Margaret Atwood, "The Handmaid's Tale"