Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nebulous grey/dawn/island and mars red HELP

Hello! Trying to decide what color Synik I want, so I ordered some accessories to help me decide.

Well, now Iím just more confused. The screen doesnít really do any of the colors justice.

Compared to Dawn and Cloud, what does nebulous grey look like? If you have any pics of your bags please share them Smilie

To those who have a synapse in Mars Red, does it look ďloudĒ? I love the color on the whale pouch, but Iím afraid itíll be too much on a larger bag with the zippers.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous Grey is a serious medium grey. Dawn is lighter and has a more purple cast, tending almost to periwinkle in certain lights. If you like cool tones, they will go well together. (If/when I can scrape together the cash for a Synik, this is the combo I want.) I don't have anything in Cloud but it certainly looks to be lighter still, which you might prefer in a lining.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can ask Tom Bihn for swatches. They'll mail you scraps of fabric in the weights and colors you want to see in person, for free.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mars Red isn't loud, but it is red. I think of it as a deep rich cranberry... to me it leans more black/red than orange or pinkish. You will stand out more with Mars Red than Nebulous but the bag styling and the tone of the colour certainly don't scream 'look at me!!'

Nebulous is a deep/saturated grey. As mentioned, it pairs well with Dawn, Cloud, Island, etc.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mars Red tends to appear too bright when I try to get photos of my Pop Tote - and too bright a red in most people's photos, but I'd second BWeaves' suggestion about ordering a swatch if you're still on the fence. Or just dive in like I did with my first Mars Red purchase :-P

Check out the fall/autumn leaf picture in this thread, which I think is pretty close to how Mars Red looks to my eye: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...scription.html
    With everyone's computer screen brightness, contrast, and/or other color settings being slightly different, though, it's tough to get a good sense of a color on the web!

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nebulous is a rich medium grey, cloud is pale and silvery. Dawn just looks more like purple (lavender/periwinkle?) than grey to me. Here's my nebulous S19 next to my cloud/Dawn L15, Mars Red GWOP, and Dawn cubelet.
    Nebulous grey/dawn/island and mars red HELP-mvimg_20190801_110952-jpg

I feel like a big bag in Mars would definitely be bold, but gorgeous.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love, love, love my Mars Red in S25! I’m debating the S22. If I get it, will go with Mars Red.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Mars Red as a brick red colour. I wouldnít consider it loud but it stands out more than a neutral colour such as grey or black.

I think of Cloud as kind of a pewter grey - itís darker than it appears on my monitor, for sure, but the 525 can vary from silver to pewter grey depending on how it catches the light. 210 tends to be a flatter grey, lighter than Nebulous but darker than the pictures on my computer.

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Itís a nice more subtle red, but for some reason it always looks tomato red to me in pictures. This was the best I could get for itís true shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Nebulous is a rich medium grey, cloud is pale and silvery. Dawn just looks more like purple (lavender/periwinkle?) than grey to me. Here's my nebulous S19 next to my cloud/Dawn L15, Mars Red GWOP, and Dawn cubelet.
    Nebulous grey/dawn/island and mars red HELP-mvimg_20190801_110952-jpg

I feel like a big bag in Mars would definitely be bold, but gorgeous.

Thank you! This pic was exactly what I needed.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mel! Btw I enjoy your videos on youtube Smilie

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was helpful, thank you. I just don't want to be screaming for attention, but I love deeper shades of red.