Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there’s enough data in there now for general use. Feel free, glad you find it useful!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so cool! Can you add Emirates?

Carry-on baggage: 55 x 38 x 20cm (22 x 15 x 8 inches)Carry-on baggage: 55 by 38 by 20 centimeters (22 by 15 by 8 inches)

Weight must not exceed 7kgkilograms (15lbpounds)
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added, had to use the PI from business class because bug. So thanks for helping me find another one!

Forum Member
    Arkansas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to expansion of this concept. And by the way, please add the TB Smart Alec to the list of bags!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a site: bags vs. airlines

I love this site, what fun! Thanks so much for making this and sharing it.

It would be really neat if you could add the discontinued bags from this page: (this page includes accessories as well but there are bags/backpacks/duffels too)
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/out-of-production
    Last edited by Cristina; 08-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    It would be really neat if you could add the discontinued bags from this page: (this page includes accessories as well but there are bags/backpacks/duffels too)
    https://www.tombihn.com/collections/out-of-production
    Thanks for the link, didn't know about that.

Also, just pushed an update with more airlines/bags, a few corrections, and now the weight will be in pounds when inches are selected as the unit.

Silicon Valley
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy crap, this rules!!

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I'm confused by the "add a bag/airline" link. When the page opens, it shows open issues but has no link to create a new issue. It's not immediately clear that I need to create an account or that an account is required to open an issue. I am on a mobile device, if that makes any difference.

This is a fantastic idea and I appreciate your sharing it! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s no way to anon open a issue, sorry about that. I do mention needing an account on the about page. It’s also ok to post here, especially if it’s some airlines you’d like to see. I have some bag/airline adds in the queue waiting for the next push too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really neat, nice project! Would you add Icelandair, please? https://www.icelandair.com/support/baggage/allowance/
    Thank you!

Anecdotally, Icelandair seems to also be fine with carry-ons in the de-facto US maximum size of 22" x 14" x 9". I'm not suggesting you include that in the data or anything, just putting it out there for people who might find this thread in the future while searching the forums for Icelandair.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iceland air added, along with a good chunk of EE airlines.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great! One bug I noticed when trying out the brain bag, it's flagging it as red for carry-on width, but it fits the exact dimensions like the depth does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In metric, there's a CM difference so the rounding shows the inch measurements to be the same due to rounding to nearest half inch. The rounding done after the red/green calculation, so that's how that happens. I'll see if I can make it work like expected, as that just looks bad.

Edit: just checked and the BB is listed at 355mm and I had it at 360 (a hold over from the first version where sizes were stored in cm not mm). Delta's cm measurements are 56 x 35 x 23 cm, so it's a "no fit" based on 355 mm > 350 mm. So to make the inch and cm pages match, I might have to go back to unrounded inches. The problem with allowing a 5mm overage to "fit" is that it doesn't account for overstuffing. As that would be the case more than understuffing.

I guess it comes down to: I'd rather see a red box, and have someone use their judgement than to show green and get yelled at.

Edit 2: Ok, so it appears delta is cheating in metric. lol 14" == 355mm with reasonable rounding, so I need to look at all the airlines that specify inches first and use 355mm in my database for 14", even if they list 35cm for the convienience of non-US customers.

Thanks for noticing that. Turned out to be a bit a of a rabbit hole.

Edit 3: adjusted the sizes on delta and american to use 355, tweaked the rounding formula to still work where euro airlines specify 350 (thier conversion shows as 13.5" as on the KLM page). So should be good now.
    Last edited by luckshot; 08-14-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckshot View Post
    In metric, there's a CM difference so the rounding shows the inch measurements to be the same due to rounding to nearest half inch. The rounding done after the red/green calculation, so that's how that happens. I'll see if I can make it work like expected, as that just looks bad.

Edit: just checked and the BB is listed at 355mm and I had it at 360 (a hold over from the first version where sizes were stored in cm not mm). Delta's cm measurements are 56 x 35 x 23 cm, so it's a "no fit" based on 355 mm > 350 mm. So to make the inch and cm pages match, I might have to go back to unrounded inches. The problem with allowing a 5mm overage to "fit" is that it doesn't account for overstuffing. As that would be the case more than understuffing.

I guess it comes down to: I'd rather see a red box, and have someone use their judgement than to show green and get yelled at.

Edit 2: Ok, so it appears delta is cheating in metric. lol 14" == 355mm with reasonable rounding, so I need to look at all the airlines that specify inches first and use 355mm in my database for 14", even if they list 35cm for the convienience of non-US customers.

Edit 3: adjusted the sizes on delta and american to use 355, tweaked the rounding formula to still work where euro airlines specify 350 (thier conversion shows as 13.5" as on the KLM page). So should be good now.
    Thanks! Didn't mean to send you down a rabbit hole to fix it, sorry about that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckshot View Post

I love how you take time to explain each step (I am programmer so )
    just a Bihnion here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast