Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 bag travel with SN22

I would like to 2 bag travel with the Synik22 as the backpack and something else. Thinking about the yeoman mini as a second travel bag with other bags inside for organizing.

Help with ideas of other bags than yeoman mini to use a catch all for coming back from vacation with mementos.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsage View Post
    I would like to 2 bag travel with the Synik22 as the backpack and something else. Thinking about the yeoman mini as a second travel bag with other bags inside for organizing.

Help with ideas of other bags than yeoman mini to use a catch all for coming back from vacation with mementos.
    Pop Tote or Zip Top Shop Bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a shoulder bag would work well to complement the backpack. I can personally vouch for the daylight briefcase, it is a really great bag and could easily pack into the SN22 when you have smaller loads.

One of the messenger bags or the western flyer might also work well but I havenít tried those personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @shortie and @kevin, those are all great bag choices.. it may come down to how much stuff you want to bring back with you and/or what you'd use the second bag for at your destination.

Pop Tote and Shop Bags are great carry bags, grocery bags, etc. at your destination.
    DLBC is a great walk-around-town bag, especially if you backpacks are frowned on in a museum for instance...

The Yeoman and WF would be lower on my list just based on what/how I'd use a second bag at a destination whilst traveling.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of using SN22 as backpack for day sightseeing with a zip top shop bag for those museums that don’t allow backpacks. Just need a second bag for overflow packing to go and come back with everyday carry of travel Cubelet and for on plane items. So not very big, just easy to access from under the plane seat.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of using SN22 as backpack for day sightseeing with a zip top shop bag for those museums that don’t allow backpacks. Just need a second bag for overflow packing to go and come back with everyday carry of travel Cubelet and for on plane items. So not very big, just easy to access from under the plane seat.
    Hmmm... the museums may not allow the Shop Bags....

But your EDC Travel Cubelet would probably work... so maybe just bring a large ZTSB for the plane seat, carry the TC, and bring back stuff... use the SN22 and TC for the walk arounds... if you need more space than the TC for non-backpack days, I would use a halcyon SK or the DLBC... they work well cross body/hands free and you'll have the tote style ZTSB for other uses...

Basically, Buy All The Bags, lol - I'm no help!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had thought about a side kick (too small maybe) or daylight briefcase (awkward carry). I like to be hands free during tourist stuff, so fallback to backpack. Need to rethink about that and reality of travel with carryon only.
    Last edited by Katsage; 08-07-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That depends on what you’ll put in it. For me, the Sidekick ended up being too small as my in plane/train bag : I could stuff almost everything I need (cables, charger, glasses, wallet, keys, tissues,... minus a water bottle ! So I have to keep it in an end pocket of my A30 or A45 and take it in and out. Not the most convenient. I’ll consider buying a DLBC or Co-Pilot but I already reached by bag acquisition quota for this year.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ideal bag would be a Pop Tote the size of the Maker’s Bag with the Maker’s Bag organization pockets on the inside and the strap like Maker’s Bag not the handles of the Pop Tote. I can dream right for the perfect bag.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically a MB without that huge flap and buckle. The main compartment would be securely closed by a zipper. That would be an excellent personal item bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was my thoughts exactly. Sort of why I haven’t pulled the trigger on the Maker’s Bag. I want the security of a zip top for international travel. Notorious in Europe for pick pockets.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Yeoman with the Absolute Strap could be a great pairing. My Yeoman rests comfortably below my Synapse 25, when hung on my shoulder with the strap near fully extended...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    A Yeoman with the Absolute Strap could be a great pairing. My Yeoman rests comfortably below my Synapse 25, when hung on my shoulder with the strap near fully extended...
    I will think about the yeoman. What size do you have?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the DLBC pretty comfortable to carry with the right lod. Itís not big enough to get too heavy in most cases. I have been using the regular shoulder strap and itís not to cumbersome. My bag is in the 400d halcyon and that can help the bag conform to your body a bit if itís not packed with too many rigid items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had thought about a side kick (too small maybe) or daylight briefcase (awkward carry). I like to be hands free during tourist stuff, so fallback to backpack. Need to rethink about that and reality of travel with carryon only.
    I’d take a hard look at the DLBC. I’m small, and I find that it works perfectly as a cross-body, e.g., hands-free, day bag. I was reluctant to try it, but it worked beautifully on 3 different trips across the past year or so. In halcyon, it also expands to accommodate quite a bit without being too heavy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast