Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight Backpack Straps issues? Is there a hack to shorten the straps?

Hello all -

I just bought a DLBP in Halcyon, and love it so far. The straps are surprisingly comfortable!

The issue I have is, there's a lot of leftover straps hanging down. On my S25, I've used the tri-glide shown here, and it takes away a lot of the dangling strap issue.

But, with the DLBP, the main shoulder straps might be a little longer, so when I tighten them down to the point I would want them, that leaves almost none of the 1" straps remaining, and definitely not enough to make the Tri-Glide hack work. So, that leaves a LOT of strap dangling.

Do others have this problem? Is there a hack to help shorten how much is dangling?

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scissors? Seriously, Scissors and a needle and thread to tidy up the new cut end.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue, and I'm considering getting elastic "webbing keeper" loops and sewing them to the ends. Then I can roll up the excess and "flip" the keeper over the rolled portion. (Inspired by a similar feature on the Evergoods CTB40.)
    If and when I get around to it, I'll post here or in the Bag Hacks thread.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mystery Ranch has web keepers. Just a little strip of Velcro to roll up the excess. https://www.mysteryranch.com/web-keepers

Those little elastic hair bands will do it too.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use black hair ties, place the band on the edge of strap, start rolling until the length you want, then tie with the band.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use ITW Web Dominators on mine, problem solved, no cutting.
    Last edited by REP; 08-09-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    EDC: Black Halcyon DLBP | Nebulous Gray Luminary 15 ~ Work Carry: Black Ristretto ~ Fun Carry: Black Medium Yeoman Duffel

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my first DLBP I cut some of the length off and folded and stitched the ends. It still looks fine. On my newer DLBP I’m using the tri-glide hack and for me that works well enough.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Velcro brand one-wrap garden tape/ties. (I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here, but you can find it for about $3-4 on Amazon.) Since I garden, I have it around all the time which is why I used it. I kept thinking I'd replace it with something more chic and less green, but it has worked so well that I've totally forgotten about it on my pack until I saw your question.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly, I did tackled the same issue this week. I had a few Nite Ize 3-inch gear ties and used one for each strap. It seems to solve the issue nicely.

Daylight Backpack Straps issues?  Is there a hack to shorten the straps?-img_0357_dlbp-strap-mgmt-jpg

That said, I have seen people use rubber bands and hair ties, as well, at least for a temporary fix.