Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How small can you pack a A45 PCBP

I came across a similar thread (https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tuff-sack.html) where a member tested on how small a DLBP and DLBC could be packed and I was wondering whether similarly an A45 PCBP can be packed into a #1 TSS.

Has anybody tried this out? Any feedback/info would be much appreciated!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small! I folded mine in thirds on the long dimension with the straps inside and just rolled it up and secured it with a Velcro strap. No stuff sack needed. PCBP burrito If you are a cyclist you could do with with a pant-cuff strap. It measures roughly 147mm high x 65mm diameter (~5-3/4" x 3-3/8") which is a little under .5 liters. And that is with no heroic black-hole event horizon compression stunts, just rolled and strapped.

I generally resist packing self-stowing accessories into their little stuff pockets as they just create another lump to work around. Most are just as easily packed flat like a shirt. You could fold the PCBP in a long thin version and slide it in along a packing cube, etc.

How small can you pack a A45 PCBP-dsc_0157-jpg

How small can you pack a A45 PCBP-dsc_0158-jpg

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for testing it out and the pictures! I could use this as an alternative!

I suppose I should give an idea/background to why I am asking:

I have this intention to get an A45, and using the A45 PCBP as an packing cube on my journey up and subsequently using it as a back up bag (relying on my Side Kick as my main "EDC") with it stuffed into my Side Kick.

Looking at dimensions wise it would appear that the TSS #1 (with a DLBP in it) would fit nicely into the Side Kick, so I was wondering if the PCBP could fit similarly and if so I could have the TSS put inside my Side Kick for my travels.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you can get the proportions right for the stuff sack with a little origami session, experimenting with folding the PCBC in 1/3, 1/4 folds, rolling etc. You won't reduce the overall volume much, but you can make it taller/thinner, shorter/fatter, more rectangular, etc.

My impression is that it's a little big for the Side Kick if you want to get much else in there. Of course you can always put the sidekick in the backpack.

I often carry a super lightweight shopping bag like a Chicobag or one of the self stowing backpacks like the Osprey Stuff Pack. They are compact and light, but not as large, robust nor as comfortable to carry as the PCBP. I have used the Osprey like a packing cube, particularly as a laundry bag. It is 18 liters and the straps limit it to a jacket, water bottle and wallet type items.

How small can you pack a A45 PCBP-dsc_0173-jpg

How small can you pack a A45 PCBP-dsc_0176-jpg
    Last edited by DWSeattle; 08-12-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am intending to use the SE mainly and then the backpack as the back up (in the event of shopping too much or whatever)

i did consider the Osprey Stuff Pack but was seeing if i could maximize the use of my bags (thus considering the PCBP instead of the DLBP)

thank you once again for the pictures! visualising it makes it easier to understand