Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by improvised View Post
    I have a ton of Tom Bihn stuff in various fabrics and I am super excited about my Synik 22 in black parapack. I never go with black or blue in bags, but I did this time because over the years I've picked up a few items in parapack (organizing cubes, used Brain Bag) and whenever I do I find myself just sitting there holding them going "this is really nice fabric. I understand it's not for everyone but I hope you like it as much as I do.
    I went for parapack purely on the comments by Chase Reeves when he reviewed the Guides Pack and when he wished the Synapse 25 Guide Edition was in parapack. He seemed to prefer it. And itís made in the US.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmavescence View Post
    *bites nails* I'm so torn between Neb Grey/Dawn and Aubergine/NW Sky! I was hoping the answer would become suddenly clear to me when they went live if I hadn't naturally come to a conclusion already, but I still don't knooooow!

I originally wanted a grey bag for my EDC, and neb grey fits the bill for me perfectly. Having used a "caribbean blue" Farpoint Osprey daypack for the last few years I was definitely going for something a bit more subtle that would go with everything I was wearing, and would be appropriate in every context, whether in a work/professional setting or otherwise.

But the aubergine is just so goddamn gorgeous, and it's so hard to resist! I've pored over all the reviews and the more I see the more I want it... but that seems to apply for the neb grey as well, and every time I feel like I've decided on one or the other, that little voice reminds me of how nice the other one is and how much I want that too!

I've wanted something in aubergine for as long as I've known of Tom Bihn (since around the start of this year), and it probably *will* go with almost everything I'm wearing, apart from maybe something like the wrong purple And it's still darker/more muted than the bright turquoisey bag I have now (which does often clash with my clothes if they're in a different shade of blue or turquoise... not sure if I should take heed of this and realise there can be clashing purples as well as clashing blues!)...

I don't know! I don't know if I'm asking for someone to talk me into or out of the aubergine, but if anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them
    Agreed that aubergine is a really lovely colour. It's not bright purple, but isn't plain and "boring". And for me it works equally well for personal travel and leisure, as well as in business situations. I am not fashion or style minded, but in my view aubergine bags look well with many clothing colours.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billthecat View Post
    I went for parapack purely on the comments by Chase Reeves when he reviewed the Guides Pack and when he wished the Synapse 25 Guide Edition was in parapack. He seemed to prefer it.
    Direct link to Chase Reeves talking about the Parapack material (skip to 1 minute 40 seconds if it doesn't automatically).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered Synik 22 in navy parapack! I tried Synapse19 before, but it was a bit too small or too awkward to use with a laptop. So I'm really excited for this new version. I probably don't need another bag, but I couldn't resist the parapack material! I can't wait to try it!

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22 in black/coyote for me

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dain3265 View Post
    I ordered Synik 22 in navy parapack! I tried Synapse19 before, but it was a bit too small or too awkward to use with a laptop. So I'm really excited for this new version. I probably don't need another bag, but I couldn't resist the parapack material! I can't wait to try it!
    Welcome to the Forums @dain3265 - I hope you enjoy the community and your new bag.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went basic with Black/NW Sky. This will be my 2nd TB bag (I have a steel pilot), and I wanted something that would go with anything and I was close to purchasing a S25 prior to the Synik announcement. I really like the ballistic/halcyon combo on my pilot.

Went a little crazy and also got some packing cubes, a travel tray, small ghost whale, and 3DOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Agreed that aubergine is a really lovely colour. It's not bright purple, but isn't plain and "boring". And for me it works equally well for personal travel and leisure, as well as in business situations. I am not fashion or style minded, but in my view aubergine bags look well with many clothing colours.
    And in line with my comments a little earlier... Synik 30 in Aubergine / NW Sky just ordered.
    Deep Blue / Coyote was tempting, but Aubergine just looks so good.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 08-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balakay View Post
    Went basic with Black/NW Sky. This will be my 2nd TB bag (I have a steel pilot), and I wanted something that would go with anything and I was close to purchasing a S25 prior to the Synik announcement. I really like the ballistic/halcyon combo on my pilot.

Went a little crazy and also got some packing cubes, a travel tray, small ghost whale, and 3DOC.

Remember that you can always add accessories to your preorder, if there’s anything you forgot.

Forum Member
    South Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a Synik 30 in Black 525/Island 200, just like my S25. I think this addresses all my issues/needs withe the S25. I'll have to decide whether to keep both of them.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *bites nails* I'm so torn between Neb Grey/Dawn and Aubergine/NW Sky! I was hoping the answer would become suddenly clear to me when they went live if I hadn't naturally come to a conclusion already, but I still don't knooooow!

I originally wanted a grey bag for my EDC, and neb grey fits the bill for me perfectly. Having used a "caribbean blue" Farpoint Osprey daypack for the last few years I was definitely going for something a bit more subtle that would go with everything I was wearing, and would be appropriate in every context, whether in a work/professional setting or otherwise.

But the aubergine is just so goddamn gorgeous, and it's so hard to resist! I've pored over all the reviews and the more I see the more I want it... but that seems to apply for the neb grey as well, and every time I feel like I've decided on one or the other, that little voice reminds me of how nice the other one is and how much I want that too!

I've wanted something in aubergine for as long as I've known of Tom Bihn (since around the start of this year), and it probably *will* go with almost everything I'm wearing, apart from maybe something like the wrong purple And it's still darker/more muted than the bright turquoisey bag I have now (which does often clash with my clothes if they're in a different shade of blue or turquoise... not sure if I should take heed of this and realise there can be clashing purples as well as clashing blues!)...

I don't know! I don't know if I'm asking for someone to talk me into or out of the aubergine, but if anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them
    My thought on this is what you will be wearing it with. My favorite winter coat is a deep royal plum color, and it clashes HORRIBLY with Aubergine. For this reason, my primary carry backpacks are black or gray. I do have Aubergine in the Small Cafe Bag, but that was easy to order multiples and avoid the clashing. So, if everything you wear either doesn't clash with Aubergine, or you have an alternative when it does, go for the Aubergine. Otherwise, get the Nebulous Gray, which I can confirm is also gorgeous.

All that said, I will be ordering an Aubergine Synik 22 when the regular production release is out, because now that I have a TB stash plus an extra winter jacket, I can avoid the Plum/Aubergine clash. (Wish I could order it now, but new desk + vet bills say NOPE!)
    Rambling On. . . . .

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balakay View Post

Pretty much the same story here. I just ordered an S30 in Deep Blue/Iberian. It's also my 2nd TB bag (Aeronaut 45.) I also got some extra accessories; a set of packing cubes and a stuff sack for my A45. I'm from overseas and international shipping is always a bit expensive so I usually bundle as much as possible.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    22 in black/coyote for me

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Me too. Because Coyote.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Nebulous for the Synik, and add an Aubergine accessory like a Side Effect or Travel Cubelet? (My own Synik 22 is Nebulous/Island, but I have plenty of other Aubergine things.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugo View Post
    Tossed logic out the window, huh? Kidding, hope you love your new bag. Do you plan on getting a Cache for your HP Elitebook, since it doesn't fit into the S22's built-in laptop compartment?

I went with Navy 420 Parapack/Steel 420 Parapack. It was a close decision between that and 525 Ballistic / 210 Ballistic. I chose Parapack because I like the extra bit of softness, and the look of the finer grain and darker blue compared to Ballistic.

This will be my first Tom Bihn bag, so now I'll have to research what organizational bags to get with the Synik 30. I ordered a Cache 15A for my Lenovo Y540 15.6" gaming laptop. I'd like to get a packing cube for clothes (haven't determined which one yet), and a 3D Organizer Cube for valuables -- an idea taken from bartleby's review.

I'm happy to discover how helpful this community is. Thanks to all of the reviewers who gave their thoughts and posted photos!
    @Yugo - Emotion weighed the most -- but there was a little big logic! (but mostly it was emotion) I like the height and width of the S22 (that's the same as the S19) but the width of the S22 sold me. It's the same as the S25. The S19 is too small for me everyday and the S25 is too big so hopefully the S22 will be the perfect in-between.

The navy is a great looking color, although I'm not familiar with the parapack fabric. The navy can look professional but doesn't look like every other black pack carried by so many. For organizers do a lot of reading to find your best options or order some diverse choices and ship back what you don't want.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - Nik's #4 wallets, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast