Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the Synik come with any paracord for the zippers? Just read the Synapse does, so curious about this.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.n View Post
    Does the Synik come with any paracord for the zippers? Just read the Synapse does, so curious about this.
    Yes it does. With the black paracord and plastic TB ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boulder Colorado
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that I have seen a pre-order sell out on the same day (~ 6 hours) before. I guess this was a real sticking point for Synapse style backpacks without the clamshell and laptop pocket.
    This is great, learning about a pent up configuration I am not a part of is very interesting to me.

Now make a Guides edition and my Collectorism will be fully triggered.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am amazed! I thought for sure a bag at this higher price point would take at least a few days to sell out. It sounds like even more people are excited about the Syniks than I had guessed! I hope everyone who has ordered one will love it.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is truly amazing. I never thought all will be sold out in one day. I have mixed feelings though; I have been resisting ordering one because I have already too many bags. So far my logic has been winning but I knew the logic will lose to my heart soon. But now, all sold out. Wait..., should I email register for the possible 15th release?
    Last edited by gadgets; 08-13-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets View Post
    This is truly amazing. I never thought all will be sold out in one day. I have mixed feelings though; I have been resisting ordering one because I have already too many bags. So far my logic has been winning but I knew the logic will loose to my heart soon. But now, all sold out. Wait..., should I email register for the possible 15th release?
    Another way to think about it is that the next round of Syniks may have tweaks or improvements based on all the feedback that TB will get. So I think it depends on whether or not you have an immediate need for one.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive. Hopefully this will convince TB to produce the Aeronik! Luckily, I had a bad case of color paralysis and was unable to order anything today! That and the fact that I doubted it would be big enough for an upcoming 17 day trip. Still trying to talk myself into buying an A45, but it seems too large. Where is my Goldilocks unicorn bag?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now my obsession with not being on an airplane when the order window opened doesn't seem quite as crazy, right?? Black halcyon Synik 30 pre-order confirmed within the first few minutes!
    Last edited by aungrl; 08-13-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Another way to think about it is that the next round of Syniks may have tweaks or improvements based on all the feedback that TB will get. So I think it depends on whether or not you have an immediate need for one.
    Not just the Syniks... I wonder if TB will replace the Synapse straps with the new Synik straps, or they will just phase them out. I wish the former.

Japan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balakay View Post
    Do you plan on using both the S30 and A45 when traveling? I like the idea of an A45 but am just not sure where it would fit into my travel needs.

That combo looks nice! Which packing cubes did you get? I decided to try out an A45 laundry and A30 large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan to use the S30 even as an everyday carry, as I usually have lots of gadgets with me (15" laptop, 12.9" iPad, headphones, a bigger DSLR camera, sometimes a Switch, usually lots of other mostly unnecessary stuff which I don't want to leave home...) I'm not really intending to fill it to its limits; mostly went for the S30 over the S22 because of the 15" laptop.

For business trips, which are usually anything from 3 to 10 days, the S30 will take all gadgets and the A45 is for the extra clothes, souvenirs etc.

A bit off-topic, but, as far as packing cubes go, I bought a full set for use in the A45. I don't really intent to use them for the S30 because as I said it'll be mostly for EDC stuff and gadgets. I bought: A45 laundry stuff sack (one end compartment), a A45 large, two A45 small (main compartment) and a packing cube shoulder back (other end compartment.) The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is for the "I'm exhausted and everything stays in the hotel but I need something for my passport and water bottle" kind of days.
    Last edited by mkasu; 08-13-2019 at 10:05 PM.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! I thought it will at least lasts 2 days... congrats TB on sell-out within a day 0.0

I am personally not interested into the Sn22/30, but the uncountable reviews make me drool over it many times (yes I am not interested but I read them all, almost... and not only on the forum *facepalm* my productivity *cry*)
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by improvised View Post
    Holy cow, the SN22s are already sold out? That is truly impressive.
    *wails and gnashes teeth*

Thatís what I get for analysis paralysis! Sweet FA!

I shall be keeping a very close eye on my email for the hopeful extras tomorrow, otherwise I guess Iíll have longer to make up my mind...

It pains me to say it but I might have to get a cheap temporary backpack in the meantime to tide me over (even if I did get into the late Oct shipping, tbh). I donít want to overuse my Osprey daypack without being in conjunction with the bigger travel backpack it attaches to, and it already looks a lot more worn as a result of me using *this* as my temporary backpack for a couple of years now (executive dysfunction is my nemesis). But the vicious mesh right down to the bottom on the back is completely destroying my clothes, and itíll probably end up cheaper and more environmentally friendly to buy el cheapo non-mesh-bottomed backpack in the long run than to end up having to replace the clothes or suffer the bobbles of doom!

(There is a voice in the back of my mind telling me to buy an Aubergine Luminary 15 right now, which would solve two problems, and leave the stage set for the men grey Synik in due course...)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    And now my obsession with not being on an airplane when the order window opened doesn't seem quite as crazy, right?? Black halcyon Synik 30 pre-order confirmed within the first few minutes!
    Nicely done Synik 22/30 Pre-orders are Live!

I am a fool - I set reminders to check the site at various likely times it could go live (being PDT+8 helped, as I am NOT a morning person), refreshed both the site and forum a little too often, had my shipping address pre-filled to shave off some seconds (I have practice/experience of buying festival tickets that sell out almost instantly), but then I fluffed it with indecision! Synik 22/30 Pre-orders are Live!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For everyone who missed out, look at this as an opportunity to buy the guide's edition when it comes out next year!

That's what I decided to do when I realized the SN30 wouldn't ship until after an upcoming trip (and was probably too small anyway for a long trip, unless I magically become a true minimalist packer).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    WOW! I thought it will at least lasts 2 days... congrats TB on sell-out within a day 0.0

I am personally not interested into the Sn22/30, but the uncountable reviews make me drool over it many times (yes I am not interested but I read them all, almost... and not only on the forum *facepalm* my productivity *cry*)
    Same! I almost did nothing all day at work except read Synik reviews and comments and watched Synik reviews on YouTube! Why?? When Iím sure Iím not gonna get one bec I donít travel with a laptop. Iím decided on the Synapse but I still need to choose a size. Iím 5í2Ē and it seems everybody recommends the S19. I need the opinions of fellow vertically challenged who bought S25ís.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast