Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ayazgood View Post
    For everyone who missed out, look at this as an opportunity to buy the guide's edition when it comes out next year! [...]
    I thought the same (not for myself though)

[...] (and was probably too small anyway for a long trip, unless I magically become a true minimalist packer).
    Who knows

My 2 cents, 3 years ago, for a month trip I planned to onebag travel with 40L (with laundries), it was a little too short before travel (I stealed room in my friend bag at the airport) but at the end of the trip I definitely took too much, then I used this 40L again for a 2 weeks and still too much not-used stuff. I lately used my S25 (Guide Edition) for 1-week and long weekend trips (without laundry) and it was perfect, so I plan a month travel with my 25L (with laundries) I am tiny and not really cold-sensitive BTW...

To sum up, 30L seems the perfect travel size for a reasonably minimalist travel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gnawgnaw yesyes View Post
    Same! I almost did nothing all day at work except read Synik reviews and comments and watched Synik reviews on YouTube! Why?? When I’m sure I’m not gonna get one bec I don’t travel with a laptop. I’m decided on the Synapse but I still need to choose a size. I’m 5’2” and it seems everybody recommends the S19. I need the opinions of fellow vertically challenged who bought S25’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I own a (GE)S25 and I am 4'11", quite big on me (really) but I use for travel and leisure so not really a problem, I won't use such a big bag for EDC though
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive. Hopefully this will convince TB to produce the Aeronik! Luckily, I had a bad case of color paralysis and was unable to order anything today! That and the fact that I doubted it would be big enough for an upcoming 17 day trip. Still trying to talk myself into buying an A45, but it seems too large. Where is my Goldilocks unicorn bag?
    The Smart Alec is Goldilocks, sadly it is no longer here.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost did nothing all day at work except read Synik reviews and comments and watched Synik reviews on YouTube!
    I was reading S25 reviews and old posts on the forum. I'm thinking of maybe picking up a gently used S25 from someone who upgrades to the S30! I'd probably have to trade my NFTD to make it happen, and I'm not sure I want an S25 that bad!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I was reading S25 reviews and old posts on the forum. I'm thinking of maybe picking up a gently used S25 from someone who upgrades to the S30! I'd probably have to trade my NFTD to make it happen, and I'm not sure I want an S25 that bad!
    Lots of folks want a NFTD, so you would get takers for that trade.

There are also a lot of both sizes of Synapses on eBay, presumably some from folks who are going to switch sizes.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a NFTD but I won't part with my S25 too bad x,D

I'm sure you'll find a way to get one (to love)
    just a Bihnion here

Ohio
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello- was fortunate to be one of the first to pick up a SYN22 in Navy Parapack- I have a Black Halcyon S25 that will no longer be used.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: we’ve determined the additional quantity of Syniks that we can make and we will offer a second pre-order this Thursday, August 15th (tomorrow). We will release 1/2 of the quantity of Syniks at 6:30am Pacific Time and the other 1/2 of the Syniks at 1:00pm Pacific Time. Offering two releases is in an effort to better acknowledge different time zones and work schedules. It's entirely possible that the first 1/2 released won't sell out by 1:00pm; more on that below. Remember our customer service hours are 6:30am until 3:00pm; if you have questions before or during placing an order, or want to order over the phone, we recommend placing your order during those hours.

Here are the details without a bunch of words wrapped around them:
    Thursday, August 15th
    First 1/2 of pre-order opens at 6:30am Pacific Time
    Second 1/2 of pre-order opens at 1:00pm Pacific Time

Note that the ship date for these bags is one month later than the first pre-order— so, that’ll be late November instead of late October. We know late November probably seems forever away, and really it is— we're going to make every effort we can to ship those bags sooner. That said, we don't feel comfortable promising that we can ship those bags by late October or even early November.

The ship date for the first round of pre-order Syniks has not changed. That ship date is still late October as promised. Or, in other words, if your order confirmation says “late October” that’s still the ship date.

This second pre-order will be open until 08/20 or the pre-order once again sells out. The latter is a possibility; the number of email signups we have for the second pre-order is about 75% of the quantity of bags that we are able to offer in the second pre-order. However, while email sign-ups give us an indication of interest in a bag, they are quite far from a sure thing, and it’s also a real possibility that the Synik won’t sell out again.

Looking forward: our production capacity is limited and we won't be able to offer a third pre-order. Our goal after this second pre-order will be to focus on building enough Syniks over the coming months that we can put them in-stock and do our best to keep them in-stock.

The pages of the Synik have been updated with this information, as has the banner at the top of the website. We'll send out an email to everyone who signed up between when the Synik pre-order sold out yesterday evening and now so they know the exact times pre-order opens tomorrow.

Photo below is from the stand-up meeting we had about the production schedule and materials inventories! I took this because I thought you guys might like to see it and there's so much from the earlier days that we didn't document that I wish we had, just for the history wall if nothing else:

Synik 22/30 Pre-orders are Live!-stand-up-meeting-jpg
    (Lisa, Mike, Ben, Nik, Fong)
    Last edited by Darcy; 08-14-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typo
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmavescence View Post
    *wails and gnashes teeth*

That痴 what I get for analysis paralysis! Sweet FA!

I shall be keeping a very close eye on my email for the hopeful extras tomorrow, otherwise I guess I値l have longer to make up my mind...

It pains me to say it but I might have to get a cheap temporary backpack in the meantime to tide me over (even if I did get into the late Oct shipping, tbh). I don稚 want to overuse my Osprey daypack without being in conjunction with the bigger travel backpack it attaches to, and it already looks a lot more worn as a result of me using *this* as my temporary backpack for a couple of years now (executive dysfunction is my nemesis). But the vicious mesh right down to the bottom on the back is completely destroying my clothes, and it値l probably end up cheaper and more environmentally friendly to buy el cheapo non-mesh-bottomed backpack in the long run than to end up having to replace the clothes or suffer the bobbles of doom!

(There is a voice in the back of my mind telling me to buy an Aubergine Luminary 15 right now, which would solve two problems, and leave the stage set for the men grey Synik in due course...)
    If you don't need something as big as the Synik for Every Day Carry, get the Aubergine Luminary 15 now, and the Nebulous Gray Synik later.

To help you decide, if you have time tonight, put a picture of Aubergine and Nebulous Gray next to all your late summer, early fall and winter outwear, and most used pieces: pants, suits, dresses, skirts and new items (scarves or other key pieces) you might want to buy this season.

If this autumn color trend, is likely to clash with Aubergine, you might prefer waiting to order the Nebulous Gray Synik.

But you can't never have too many TB Bags and an Aubergine Luminary sounds perfect.

Whatever you do, don't buy an el cheapo brand to tide you over, I did that once, a long time ago, before I discovered Tom Bihn Bags, the thing didn't last a day.

Disclaimer: Aubergine and any TB purple colors enthusiast!

The review below has pictures of an Aubergine S19, a Nebulous Grey Synick 22 and a black S25. I forgot about yesterday, sorry.

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...e-synapse.html
    Last edited by backpack; 08-15-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same! I almost did nothing all day at work except read Synik reviews and comments and watched Synik reviews on YouTube! Why?? When I知 sure I知 not gonna get one bec I don稚 travel with a laptop. I知 decided on the Synapse but I still need to choose a size. I知 52 and it seems everybody recommends the S19. I need the opinions of fellow vertically challenged who bought S25痴.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So, I知 51, and small....really not a very large person. Years ago, I bought and returned an S25 because it was just too small for me. I truly wanted everything the Synik offers, e.g., clamshell, laptop pocket, and more room, so that I could really do one-bag business travel for 1-2 night trips. Importantly, I never did find the S25 to be too big. My torso is 18 inches, and so the pack 都houldn稚 fit me, but it was not only comfortable, it also didn稚 look too big to me when I had it fully loaded. It just didn稚 have the features I needed, or the extra space. I知 confident the Synik 30 is going to be just fine, particularly with the new straps. But I promise to take a picture when I get it and post it, so that everyone else who is on the shorter side can see how it looks on a small person who it technically shouldn稚 fit. Of course, as always, YMMV!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing the picture, Darcy!

Everybody looks wonderful! As usual.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aungrl View Post
    So, I’m 5’1, and small....really not a very large person. Years ago, I bought and returned an S25 because it was just too small for me. I truly wanted everything the Synik offers, e.g., clamshell, laptop pocket, and more room, so that I could really do one-bag business travel for 1-2 night trips. Importantly, I never did find the S25 to be too big. My torso is 18 inches, and so the pack “shouldn’t” fit me, but it was not only comfortable, it also didn’t look too big to me when I had it fully loaded. It just didn’t have the features I needed, or the extra space. I’m confident the Synik 30 is going to be just fine, particularly with the new straps. But I promise to take a picture when I get it and post it, so that everyone else who is on the shorter side can see how it looks on a small person who it technically shouldn’t fit. Of course, as always, YMMV!
    This is interesting, because I'm the same height and found the S25 supremely uncomfortable, but the S19 is perfect. On the other hand, the Smart Alec is also very comfortable for me, but the shaping is slightly different despite being technically larger than the S25. I am very much looking forward to picking up the Synik 22, though, and expect that should fit me well.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    This is interesting, because I'm the same height and found the S25 supremely uncomfortable, but the S19 is perfect. On the other hand, the Smart Alec is also very comfortable for me, but the shaping is slightly different despite being technically larger than the S25. I am very much looking forward to picking up the Synik 22, though, and expect that should fit me well.
    Don't forget that the SA is 18.5" tall - the 26L volume is shaped very differently than the 20" tall S25...

I'm with you on how they fit/feel - it's interesting that @aungrl is shorter than 20' torso but finds the S25 comfy... just goes to show that we're all different and we have to try All The Bags
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    just goes to show that we're all different and we have to try All The Bags
    Try all the bags? Or Buy all the bags?!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try all the bags? Or Buy all the bags?!
    weeeellllll, don't want to Enable or anything

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pulled the trigger on a SN30 in Aubergine. Now comes the waiting. Is it November yet!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast