Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wishing for Espresso!

Post #1920 in the “Where Did Your TB Bag Go Lately” thread:

@Pammy posted a photo of her cocoa DLBP.

@Tuskegee7294 commented on how lovely the color cocoa color is.

@Pammy responded - expressed wish for a rich espresso color (perhaps ballistic) in the TB lineup.

@Denises agreed/voted for espresso.

I agreed/voted for espresso.

@gqb agrees/votes for espresso.

Would you like to see a deep, rich chocolatey espresso among TB’s color/fabric lineup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could post a link to a Pantone or some other image of what colour you think espresso is... I think it will be fun to see the range
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds yummy :P
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Walker, I love this idea that those of us who desire an espresso color in the TB lineup can chime in on this thread. One reason why I miss cordura is the vast array of colors that it came in, so many great choices. I have a few things in cocoa besides the DLBP such as a Ristretto, MCB, and Imago. It’s a lovely color that goes with so many things, and it’s so nice to have a dark, rich color that is not black or gray. Credit should go to G42 since it was her great idea of a cocoa ballistic. I only suggested espresso because I think if cocoa cordura was a shade darker, it would look great in ballistic.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42’s idea of posting pantone colors of espresso is great. Anyone who has photo of your dream chocolatey espresso color, please post away!

Me - I like surprises from the TB crew.

I once had a MCB in cocoa/wasabi interior. Loved it, but the cordura material abraded most of my clothes. So I found a new home for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee nerd here. “Espresso” as a color is not so easily defined. Espresso does not include milk but are we including the crema? The Bihn folks are in the Seattle area, home to a wonderful speciality coffee industry. They can probably stand in the parking lot and throw an Aeronaut 30 and hit five coffee bars and each one will have a wildly different house espresso that brews up anywhere from mahogany red to and (overextraced) tan to milk chocolate brown to warm black.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    Coffee nerd here. “Espresso” as a color is not so easily defined. Espresso does not include milk but are we including the crema? The Bihn folks are in the Seattle area, home to a wonderful speciality coffee industry. They can probably stand in the parking lot and throw an Aeronaut 30 and hit five coffee bars and each one will have a wildly different house espresso that brews up anywhere from mahogany red to and (overextraced) tan to milk chocolate brown to warm black.
    Yup, that's why folks need to post links to Pantone's or other images of what version of dark brown they're thinking of
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogiesan View Post
    Exactly! I am struggling to picture what colour is being imagined. To me espresso is near black.

The idea for sharing ideas with Pantone colour samples is a good one.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official Pantone Espresso. It's the shade I have in mind when I think espresso and I would love bags in this color. It's a perfect goes-with-everything neutral, just like black. https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/19-1103-TCX

I like Pantone's Coffee Bean too. https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/19-0915-TCX

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer a more Cocoa brown, but I wouldn't say no to a darker brown like @Shortie linked either.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pantone's Black Coffee shade is more like what I had in mind.
    https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/19-1111-TCX

The actual Espresso shade is too black, and Coffee Bean is too reddish.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Would you like to see a deep, rich chocolatey espresso among TB’s color/fabric lineup?"
    It would not be a color that I would find interesting. I wish they had some brighter colors and more in halcyon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE a rich, dark brown color for TB bags!

The only problem? I already HAVE most the TB bags I really want, dangit! But an 'espresso' color with a bright interior of zest, solar, wasabi, etc. would be gorgeous.

I think it'd work as any of the following (or similar) well enough. The following ones are typically browns found on the orange-y spectrum as opposed to red/yellow/other. I think it gives it that rich color the best, but I might be biased.

I do like the cocoa too though and I'd be happy enough with more things in that color as well!

Wishing for Espresso!-pantone-png

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I like any of those three browns above.

In order of preference, 1545, 732, then 2322.

I like a "chocolatey" brown (reddish undertones), rather than a "mocha" (grey undertones).

Reddish undertones make a brown look warmer, and work better with complementary "fall' colors like orange, red, and gold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast