Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternative/Successor to The Sprout Kid's Pack

Given that The Sprout Kid's Pack has been retired is there any alternative bag for kids?

While it started as a joke to make my 4 year old carry around (for fun) my S25, it turned out that he really liked it and I would love to get my kid a Tom Bihn bag of his own

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a growing up TB backpack would be cool,
    for kids, growing up kids and growing ups who like mini backpack
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would look at the Luminary12. It is small and could work.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep an eye out or set an alert on eBay as Sprouts will sometimes show up there though infrequently.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always propose a trade. There may be a forum member whose child has outgrown their Sprout. I also second @threeteezís idea of watching ebay.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started my son out with my S19 when he was six. It was a bit big for him then (he has always been on the small side) but it worked fine as long as it was lightly packed. He still uses it now as his personal item for trips. For school, he uses a Smart Alec I won on eBay.

I second the idea of a Luminary 12 for a small child. The nice thing is that it will still be perfectly usable as he gets older. (I bought smaller, non-TB backpacks for my kids when they were younger. They worked really well for getting them used to the idea of keeping track of one's own bag. But, now that the kids are older and bigger, their small packs are not usable any more because the straps are too tight or too short. Or, they look beat-up because the materials are not as durable as TB bag fabrics. So, it's really a savings both environment-wise and pocketbook-wise if you choose to invest in a TB bag for the long haul!)

A bigger, but slightly less expensive backpack might be the Daylight Backpack. Or if you want to go in a different direction, I seem to recall someone gifting a nephew his own mini Yeoman duffle. Other kids have enjoyed their own Small Cafe Bag. Bonus for the YD and SCB options is that they come in lots of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by tcyeric View Post
    Given that The Sprout Kid's Pack has been retired is there any alternative bag for kids?

While it started as a joke to make my 4 year old carry around (for fun) my S25, it turned out that he really liked it and I would love to get my kid a Tom Bihn bag of his own