Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thank you, everyone, for your feedback! We've been reading it as it's been shared with us. Combining the experiences you've shared here, the feedback we've received via email from those who received Synik PPB bags, and our own experience, we've decided that we're ready to offer our Strap Keepers to everyone else.

Here they are:
    https://www.tombihn.com/products/strap-keepers
    Darcy, any chance Strap Keepers will be made in coyote too?
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Darcy, any chance Strap Keepers will be made in coyote too?
    Good question. Sadly, no, at least not for the time being: we're having trouble finding 1" elastic and the G-hook part in Coyote.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    First impressions: I hate to say this, but they look like bra strap hooks Want to help us test a Strap Keeper design?Want to help us test a Strap Keeper design?Want to help us test a Strap Keeper design?. A stretchy piece, hook on one end, loop at the other end.
    Yes, @aedifica was visiting the mothership in Seattle, and received a pair in person before any of the other mods got them. There was a similar comment about designs inspired by womenís lingerie in the Admin forums.

But isnít it good to know that key components can readily be found?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. Sadly, no, at least not for the time being: we're having trouble finding 1" elastic and the G-hook part in Coyote.
    Oh, thatís too bad the coyote parts canít be sourced. But thanks for the follow-up.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be possible to get notified when Strap Keepers become available in Coyote?

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sirolf View Post
    Would it be possible to get notified when Strap Keepers become available in Coyote?
    I'll check with Ben tomorrow to see where we are on attempts to source the parts in Coyote and let you know what the news is. Interest/requests like yours and from @pammy and others do nudge us to renew our efforts on these matters Smilie
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coyote would be great for military sales as the Army requires you to police your straps on your backpacks aka "assault pack". These would be awesome

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scurt1s View Post
    The coyote would be great for military sales as the Army requires you to police your straps on your backpacks aka "assault pack". These would be awesome
    Welcome to the Forums @scurt1s!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using the Strap Keeper and I must say I like it. I need to get some for my other packs. Iím using it for my Synik 22 and it works like a charm...didnít have to worry about it coming loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered four sets yesterday to go with the set I had for testing, to cover some more of my backpacks... but one coworker friend has already claimed one of the inbound sets...
    I think this will be popular as stocking stuffers for my family this year too Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A simple idea with simple construction but it really does make a difference. I use mine asymmetrically but it works. I put them on my right side straps since I usually put it on my right side first then my left. I keep the left free to allow myself to take it off as I usually do. So far, I like them! Wish the TB was sewn in as with the other products but thatís fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two trips this week, several trips through TSA, my Brain Bag was stuffed through x-ray machines, shoved under airplane seats, thrown into cars, etc, taken off and put on 100 times and the strap keepers were flawless. No snags, didn't loosen at all, A+++++ Definitely less obtrusive than the web dominators.

Two more trips next week, with fewer uber trips and more commuter rail/bus action.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Iím late to the party: I apologize! It took me a bit to get the keepers on my S25, but I like them. Iím using the on one side to corral both the main pack strap and the sternum strap, which is the one that actually bothers me more. Iíll likely order a second pair and use in both spots. Iíll upload a photo when I get to my desktop: I canít seem to upload from my phone.Want to help us test a Strap Keeper design?-s25strapsmall-jpg
    Last edited by fitchm; 09-20-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine took a while to get to me, but Iíve had a chance to use them a bit now, and I think that these are a very good solution to the danglies. I have been using them on the ends of the sternum straps, and theyíve been more secure than Iíd have thought. They are also much, much easier to install than the tri-glide hack - no pliers required! And I think theyíre much tidier than the web dominators.

I still like the tri-glide hack for the main straps as (a) theyíre already installed and would be a pain to remove, (b) thereís no ball of webbing to rub against my arm, (c) they look very neat and tidy, and (d) I find the tri-glide hack easier to adjust than the strap keepers (move tri-glide, loosen strap vs pull webbing out, unwrap, re-secure).

I can certainly see myself getting more of these!

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on a Coyote version of the Strap Keepers: there's some hope... Ben tracked down some options and has ordered samples of some Coyote or Coyote-ish versions of the materials. The process of receiving / testing / approving the materials may take a few weeks. I'll post another update when we know one way or another whether the Coyote version will materialize.

And thank you @terayon @fitchm @pvn AnOmegaOdyssey for the continued feedback! It's noted and appreciated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast