Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stowaway "successor": still coming?

When the Stowaway was discontinued, there was a note that TB was designing a bag to serve many of the same purposes, with no ETA.

Just checking: I assume the follow-on is *not* the Synik, so we should still be looking forward to it. True?

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooohhh good question! I loved the concept but couldn’t justify another bag while it was available. Now of course I have several trips coming up it would have been perfect for.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Just checking: I assume the follow-on is *not* the Synik, so we should still be looking forward to it. True?
    True. We're waiting on a component for the design that our supplier is making especially for us. I won't venture an ETA on that (we're just glad they'll make it for us) but once that's in, we'll be good to go.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could have sworn there was a post here asking for more details, but I can't find it now. Copying here for future reference (from the 1050d-vs-525d thread):

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    For example, Tom's Trinity travel bags (due 2020, or whenever we get that custom zipper!) could be made with 1050d, but they look and work much nicer in 525d. Oops: some beans spilled there (I think someone asked here what the name of the "Stowaway replacement" is...so, here you go!)
    Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got to see/have the Trinity demoed by Tom himself, though that was quite a while ago! It's one I'm looking forward to. I really liked the Stoway's general shape and capacity, though the bag itself was 200% not for me. I think Trinity(ies) will address this, based on some of Tom's comments!

(note: I'm trying hard to not say anything here that hasn't been said; it's already been said to be a Stowaway replacement and to be called Trinity! Feel free to delete if this is too much ).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím also looking forward to it. Letís hope the supplier gets those custom zippers to TB ASAP

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so curious about this. I'd love something that can be carried as either a shoulder bag or a backpack, and is the right size and shape for a plane bag. The Stowaway was very interesting and I was even more intrigued when I saw someone carrying one the other day. It looked really nice! However, I didn't like the way it opened up as a backpack, and I thought it might be heavy (with all those pockets and folds) for the capacity. I look forward to seeing the new design.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke