Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    when I don't use a TB product/accessory/part I give it,
    they are so modular that they are useful by themselves
    This is what I try to do... anytime I trade or sell a bag, I try to remember to include everything that came with it (which means digging the straps out of storage) and try to remember to offer up any extras (though I often forget). Once you're already shipping, a couple of ounces isn't going to affect much.

Someone on Ravelry last year listed several types of misc pieces for free and even shipped them out for free, just to keep them moving along, which I thought was a lovely idea. Once I have time to pull out the extras I have, I'll post a give away on our Registered Member section.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Maybe for keystrap and zipper pulls, we can have a choice of colours? I think that would be fantastic.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Yes, that would have been fantastic! I tried, but it was not allowed. Make waist straps, shoulder straps and key straps optional

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes sense to ask for Key Straps, waist belts, and the like to either be entirely optional or to offer those items in their other color options. That was my first thought when I saw this thread... and then my second thought was "This would be surprisingly difficult for us to pull off logistically." That second thought is a bit of a bummer, so I opened up the discussion around this to our customer service and shipping crews to see if they had any ideas of how we could make this work. Unfortunately, none of us could think of a solution that wouldn't reduce our current efficiency (in shipping, QA, and inventory management) and increase the possibility of human error in the shipping process. The point at which the Key Straps are included in the factory is efficient; shipping crew reading a pick sheet to determine whether or not to clip in a Key Strap, or which color, size, o-ring or snaphook Key Strap, would not be.

So... that's where this is at for the time being. We'll continue to mull this over and maybe at some point some other procedures will shift that will open the door to something like this. It always fills me with wonder about how something that seems so simple could end up being a big project and having some big consequences for our operations!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2