Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas for repurposing the laptop compartment of the Synik

I don't think this has been hashed out yet, and I know that not everyone has received their preorders, but I'd love a brainstorming session with current and future Synik users how you plan to use the laptop compartment IF your laptop doesn't fit into it. The pocket is wonderfully padded but oddly limited. I can't even get a 9x12 pad or file folder into it. Not that my file folders need padding, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, would love some ideas on how you use this space or plan to once your Synik arrives. Thanks!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually carry my laptop, but I found it useful for stashing my iPad, and even for my phone, because it is a quickly accessible pocket if I want to secure my phone without taking the time to open the zipper to the main compartment. Other than that... mostly papers.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about a mobile charging station inside a laptop compartment with iPad, battery bank, and phone...

Might be a good spot for keeping folded items at max flatness too...

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a lot of electronics, and I only carry a laptop 1-2x a week. I'm going to check specs to see if a Freudian Slip will, eh... slip into that space. I think it might be a great compartment to stash small stuff as long as I can't feel it through the back panel when I'm wearing the pack. It seems padded enough.