Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    I just received the Viridian and the Dawn SCB.

One is going back, but I just can't decide which one! I have Dawn in a lot of TB items and was really thinking I should keep the Viridian, but the Dawn literally rolls up into a ball, it is THAT flexible, I love it!

The Viridian is stiffer material, feels "krinkly" but the color is just WOW.

They both feel like feathers compared to the ballistic 525 versions
    So I went searching the forum for the post on "hand" of the 210 ballistic fabrics:

"Most structured hand: Black

Medium structure: Dawn, Viridian, Cloud, Grass, Island

Least structured/most similar to 200d Halcyon: Coyote"

Dawn and Viridian are supposed to be similar in hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got my Dawn/Dawn SCB today. Here are me three SCBs:

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic-4febbcb3-c91c-404e-884e-ae68db7b217c-jpeg

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic-a32d9521-d573-4354-95a6-5cf7993ea6bb-jpeg

I packed them all with the same typical SCB load to compare (just forgot the tissues):

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic-c26e26ad-1ffe-4611-8c30-c6987992e6ea-jpeg

That’s a super mini GWOP and a small one btw.

I would say the Original Halcyon and the 210d feel similar in weight. The bags felt more lightweight than the 525d carrying them. My Original Halcyon SCB felt roomier than the others (maybe it is?), but the load was fine in every bag. Full, but not stuffed. Both with the Original Halcyon and the 210d I could feel some of the contents wearing the bag, not so much with the 525d. But the Original Halcyon doesn’t show outlines, similar to the Aubergine SCB. You could see some of the outlines with the 210d. That doesn’t bother me, but it might be a dealbreaker to some people. I usually just throw things like hand cream and floss in the zipped pocket and with the Dawn you could see the round outline of the floss through the fabric. I think it’s also because the fabric reflects so much light, it’s the shiniest by far. The Original Halcyon doesn’t reflect at all in comparison and of course the grid distracts the eye too.

I can’t see myself parting with one, but I definitely have enough Café bags now. And I was right with my suspicion that my preference is for the 525d in bigger bags, I can’t imagine switching my Aubergine MCB for one in 210d or Halcyon.
    Last edited by b1gsky; 09-13-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my purchasing experience, colors do matter regarding "hand" when it comes to the 210 fabrics. I have ordered shop bags in Island (not the grid), Viridian and Dawn at the same time, and found that the Island is the most flexible and "soft" if you will. Between the two SCB's I ordered in 210, the Viridian is stiffer than the Dawn, which was consistent with the shop bag purchase. Maybe they all end up feeling the same after prolonged use, but when they are new, this was my observation "in hand", in case it helps someone make a better purchasing decision.

Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    So I went searching the forum for the post on "hand" of the 210 ballistic fabrics:

"Most structured hand: Black

Medium structure: Dawn, Viridian, Cloud, Grass, Island

Least structured/most similar to 200d Halcyon: Coyote"

Dawn and Viridian are supposed to be similar in hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2