Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    Not any more! Cool
    Did you buy it??

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Did you buy it??
    I did! And it already shipped. Big Grin
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @lizziejean3 Awesome. Big Grin

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @lizziejean3 Awesome. Big Grin
    I was definitely feeling the FOMO!
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was definitely feeling the FOMO!
    I’m finding all these new acronyms challenging —I assume FOMO=“Fear of Missing Out”? One thing that I’d ask is whether the 210d Ballistic Nylon makes the Bag floppier to carry around in the Medium Cafe Bag size. I have the Dawn 210d Ballistic Nylon in the Small Cafe Bag, and the more flexible material is less of a factor in the smaller size Bag, I would guess. Comments from people who have the Medium Cafe Bag in 210d Ballistic Nylon? (There are also some variations in the experience depending on the color)

moriond

Montana
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I’m finding all these new acronyms challenging —I assume FOMO=“Fear of Missing Out”? One thing that I’d ask is whether the 210d Ballistic Nylon makes the Bag floppier to carry around in the Medium Cafe Bag size. I have the Dawn 210d Ballistic Nylon in the Small Cafe Bag, and the more flexible material is less of a factor in the smaller size Bag, I would guess. Comments from people who have the Medium Cafe Bag in 210d Ballistic Nylon? (There are also some variations in the experience depending on the color)

moriond
    Correct! Yes, acronyms can be confusing. I'm looking forward to the lighter weight fabric. I have a Large Cafe Bag in Nordic Halcyon and really like the way it conforms to my body.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Correct! Yes, acronyms can be confusing. I'm looking forward to the lighter weight fabric. I have a Large Cafe Bag in Nordic Halcyon and really like the way it conforms to my body.
    Let us know how you find this, because I think the 400d Halcyon Cafe Bags can be a better balance in pliability and structure(for example, they don’t make the travel bags in 210d Ballistic Nylon — I was surprised how much I liked the Western Flyer in Original 400d Nordic).

I do love Dawn as a color! So congrats on getting your MCB in this color.

moriond

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Let us know how you find this, because I think the 400d Halcyon Cafe Bags can be a better balance in pliability and structure [...].
    moriond
    If I compare the new MCB with my Original Halcyon SCB then the 210d feels more pliable than the Halcyon, but the overall structure of the bag feels pretty much the same to me. That’s what I said at the start of the thread when I compared the SCBs - you can see outlines of items though the 210d when you stuff the bag, that doesn’t happen with the Halcyon. This was something I didn’t like with the SCB, the new MCB isn’t as problematic in that sense because my MCBs are usually pretty underpacked when I pack them for EDC (I always put the exact same things in the zipped pocket, both in the SCB and MCB).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just popping in to say.... I thought you'd appreciate this new blog post Smilie

Also, there will be *one* more Medium Cafe in Dawn restocked soon. I have it in our photo studio because we were planning on taking a couple of new photos of it (but that didn't happen!)

Design Q&A with Tom: Café Bags
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/d...-tom-cafe-bags
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

around 53°
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Also, there will be *one* more Medium Cafe in Dawn restocked soon. I have it in our photo studio because we were planning on taking a couple of new photos of it (but that didn't happen!)

I love the Cafe Bags! I read the post. Now, I could be wrong, but if you read between the lines, and squint really hard, is there a possible, far-fetched hint of a limited run of a Large Cafe Bag coming soon?! Maybe it’s just getting late and it’s time for bed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That mini Café Bag is super cute! First thing I heard of that bag.

In a comment on Facebook you said you're toying with the idea of bringing these back: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/s...TSbVwPRctVPxrw
    But not in Cordura, right?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeg780 View Post
    I love the Cafe Bags! I read the post. Now, I could be wrong, but if you read between the lines, and squint really hard, is there a possible, far-fetched hint of a limited run of a Large Cafe Bag coming soon?! Maybe it’s just getting late and it’s time for bed...
    It's possible Smilie Maybe it's these uncertain times but we're finding ourselves feeling quite nostalgic. Reissues of some retired or vintage bags could happen this year.

That mini Café Bag is super cute! First thing I heard of that bag.

In a comment on Facebook you said you're toying with the idea of bringing these back: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/s...TSbVwPRctVPxrw
    But not in Cordura, right?
    It really is a cute size. We have one left and it's in the conference room (doesn't that sound all fancy big pants business? Really, picture this: there's an IKEA table, folding chairs, and TONS of prototypes and sample fabrics everywhere!) at the factory. I have wanted to.... adopt it for years but the rational part of me knows it's best to leave it there so we have a sew-by sample in case we make more.

We're considering offering a run of 1000d Cordura brights in the Small Cafe Bag and maybe even the Shop Bags.... or, since we're feeling the nostalgia thing, maybe Utility Totes?
    Last edited by Darcy; 12-20-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: fixed Utility Tote link
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

around 53°
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic

It's possible Smilie Maybe it's these uncertain times but we're finding ourselves feeling quite nostalgic. Reissues of some retired or vintage bags could happen this year.

It really is a cute size. We have one left and it's in the conference room (doesn't that sound all fancy big pants business? Really, picture this: there's an IKEA table, folding chairs, and TONS of prototypes and sample fabrics everywhere!) at the factory. I have wanted to.... adopt it for years but the rational part of me knows it's best to leave it there so we have a sew-by sample in case we make more.

We're considering offering a run of 1000d Cordura brights in the Small Cafe Bag and maybe even the Shop Bags.... or, since we're feeling the nostalgia thing, maybe Utility Totes?
    A LARGE CAFE BAG IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥲🥲🥲

Please tell me there will be black. I can’t do fun colours.

I have a large black cordura one and it’s the bag that made me a life-long TB fan. In my opinion, it’s the best bag ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yeg780; 12-20-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Would love to see that Mini Café bag in production one day. Embarrassment And I think I would buy a large Café bag too (but would like it in 525d not Cordura), it would be nice to have a size which can take some DIN A4 papers.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's possible Smilie It really is a cute size. We have one left and it's in the conference room (doesn't that sound all fancy big pants business? Really, picture this: there's an IKEA table, folding chairs, and TONS of prototypes and sample fabrics everywhere!) at the factory. I have wanted to.... adopt it for years but the rational part of me knows it's best to leave it there so we have a sew-by sample in case we make more.

Umm… Didn’t the Utility Tote look like this?

(from a 2007 blog post)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast