Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic

Anyone gotten one of these in their hands yet? How do you find them as compared to halcyon or 525 ballistic in these bags?

Is the 210 ballistic going to be a limited run or permanent external fabric for cafe bags?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by panda2mama; 09-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure... I have a used one I purchased recently in 525D. Not sure Id want something so thin in 210D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosvista View Post
    Not sure... I have a used one I purchased recently in 525D. Not sure I’d want something so thin in 210D.
    Welcome to the Forums @Carlosvista! Hope you are enjoying your 525d Cafe Bag - what colour did you get??
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosvista View Post
    Not sure... I have a used one I purchased recently in 525D. Not sure Id want something so thin in 210D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the additional lining, I don't think it will be very thin. But I do wonder how they compare. I have both a Mars Red and an original black halcyon one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viridian looks a lot like Azure Cordura in the photos. I don't own anything in Azure, but anyone here has both Viridian and Azure? A photo of the 2 side by side perhaps?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is Dawn 210D both inside and outside. Interesting..

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dawn/Dawn SCB is still on the way, but the parcel is already in Germany and has hopefully cleared customs. I can do a comparison once it’s arrived, I also have an Original Halcyon SCB and one in Aubergine 525d.

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a couple years of toting around a Ristretto in 1050 ballistic Verde and a Co-Pilot in 1050 ballistic Aubergine, this summer I sprung for a Medium Cafe Bag in the 525 ballistic Nebulous Grey.

I love the MCB, but I have to admit that I got spoiled by the rigid structure of the 1050 ballistic fabric; the 525 ballistic borders on a bit too floppy for my taste.

I couldn't possibly imagine going down to a 210 in a cafe bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve only had my 210 small cafe bag for three-ish hours, but I am LOVING it. 525 tends to be my preferred fabric and I’m not at all unhappy with previous my cafe bags, I just ordered the 210 because I like the colors so much.

The 210 ballistic feels very much like the halcyon cafe bags. It’s light and flexible and not too thin. If it’s tightly packed items do show an outline, just like with halcyon. I always carry a medium sized water bottle and random mom stuff which weighs me down. The 210 bag held everything just like the halcyon ones do.

I think those that like a halcyon cafe bag will be pleased with the lighter weight ballistic bag. I’m super excited to get these colors in larger bags. The travel cubelets are very handy and we use them often, but they aren’t a realistic edc for me. I’ve also got many shop bags, but those are often too big for a purse. So having a viridian cafe bag is perfect! I hope they aren’t a limited run! I’d even try a maker’s bag with the 210/210 weight because it feels so much to me like the heavier weight halcyon bags.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received the Viridian and the Dawn SCB.

One is going back, but I just can't decide which one! I have Dawn in a lot of TB items and was really thinking I should keep the Viridian, but the Dawn literally rolls up into a ball, it is THAT flexible, I love it!

The Viridian is stiffer material, feels "krinkly" but the color is just WOW.

They both feel like feathers compared to the ballistic 525 versions

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Viridian looks a lot like Azure Cordura in the photos. I don't own anything in Azure, but anyone here has both Viridian and Azure? A photo of the 2 side by side perhaps?
    They are very similar and I like both, but I can't take pictures of Viridian! The color never comes out right for me.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emailed customer service. Here's the reply:

"The 210 Cafe Bags are here to stay (as much as anything can be!)

They aren't a 'limited edition' sort of thing, so you're safe with waiting a bit.* As for having them in Grass, I imagine we will at some point, we just don't have specific plans for them right now."

Now I can take a deep breath and stay calm.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture of Viridian 210 SCB (bottom) next to Azure Cordura wallet (laying on top):

Cafe Bags in 210 ballistic-img_3287-jpg

Even after color correcting, this photo shows up a bit too blue, but this is as close as I could get it in indirect light.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Picture of Viridian 210 SCB (bottom) next to Azure Cordura wallet (laying on top):

Even after color correcting, this photo shows up a bit too blue, but this is as close as I could get it in indirect light.
    That's a good comparaison. Azure is difficult to show without coming off too blue. The best verbal description that I can add is that is that when you see Azure in person there's an additional 'pop' of color intensity. (The same thing happens with Indigo, which looks like Sapphire in photographs, but is more dramatic in person). One of @pammy's earliest posts with a picture (taken by her son) does a good job with the color balance of Azure:

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post

Looks pretty close! I find taking photos in indirect light shows the colours better.

I always admired the Azure bags, but wasn't sure about Cordura, as I had bunnies. Now, Viridian or Island?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast