Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on Finding a Gently Used Bag?

Hi all! Smilie First off, apologies for potentially asking a repetitive question; I tried my best to search through the forums and wasn't coming up with anything.

I'm really interested in getting my first Tom Bihn—probably a Synapse 19—for an every day bag. However my budget is tight at the moment and I've also been trying to avoid buying things new when unnecessary. If there's a gently used version out there looking for a new home I'd rather go that route!

Was wondering if anyone could point me to any places where I might have some luck finding a used Synapse in good condition? I've checked the usual places—Ebay, Poshmark, etc.—and haven't seen too many options. Might be a shot in the dark but I'm curious if there is something akin to Patagonia's Worn Wear or something similar that everyone knows about but I'm simply not in the loop.

If anyone's had any luck with this and can offer any advice, I'd appreciate it tons! Thanks in advance Big Grin

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are on Facebook, there’s the Tom Bihn BST & Discussion Group (an unofficial group with no ties to Tom Bihn the company) that you can join. BST refers to Buy Sell Trade. It’s full of enthusiastic and helpful folks like you see here in the forums. You can always post an ISO (in search of) and see if anyone has what you’re looking for.

Or there’s the FB group Carryology Classified.

I’ve seen some great items on Mercari.com as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep checking on ebay, I have seen some STEALS on the Synapse line. Now that TB has come out with the new SYNIK 22 and 30 liter (same as Synapse but clamshell opening which a lot of folks have been wanting for awhile now), there will be a lot more Synapse 19's and 25's listed. I have heard that you can also set up your ebay watch list to notify you when a new item gets listed, maybe check into that as well. Good luck!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineez View Post
    If you are on Facebook, there’s the Tom Bihn BST & Discussion Group (an unofficial group with no ties to Tom Bihn the company) that you can join. BST refers to Buy Sell Trade. It’s full of enthusiastic and helpful folks like you see here in the forums. You can always post an ISO (in search of) and see if anyone has what you’re looking for.

Or there’s the FB group Carryology Classified.

I’ve seen some great items on Mercari.com as well.
    I actually don't use facebook these days but that's still really great to know for future reference or if I decide to pop back on! Thanks so much for the tip Smilie Will remember to keep an eye on Mercari as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Keep checking on ebay, I have seen some STEALS on the Synapse line. Now that TB has come out with the new SYNIK 22 and 30 liter (same as Synapse but clamshell opening which a lot of folks have been wanting for awhile now), there will be a lot more Synapse 19's and 25's listed. I have heard that you can also set up your ebay watch list to notify you when a new item gets listed, maybe check into that as well. Good luck!
    Thanks for the info! I haven't seen many Synapse listings on there as of yet but what I have seen did look great. Hopefully more to come! Smilie Signing up for notifications is a very good idea—thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoldsong View Post
    Thanks for the info! I haven't seen many Synapse listings on there as of yet but what I have seen did look great. Hopefully more to come! Smilie Signing up for notifications is a very good idea—thanks!
    There are six Synapse 19s on US eBay right now. If you use only 'Tom Bihn' for your search term you have the best chance of getting all the bags to come up.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. TB bags hold their value, so the deals usually get snapped up quickly. Keep your eyes peeled, be patient, and be ready to pounce. (Also, there was a TB bag which kept popping up on eBay recently - someone said they had won it, and had to send it back because it was smelly. Caveat emptor.)

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There are six Synapse 19s on US eBay right now. If you use only 'Tom Bihn' for your search term you have the best chance of getting all the bags to come up.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Will do! I've been using both "Tom Bihn" generally and more specific terms. I've seen the six that are listed right now, but as I definitely don't want a black one that narrows the options by half. I'm in no rush so I'm waiting to see what other colors pop up Wink Not 100% attached to any one color atm but I am pretty fond of the burnt orange!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Agreed. TB bags hold their value, so the deals usually get snapped up quickly. Keep your eyes peeled, be patient, and be ready to pounce. (Also, there was a TB bag which kept popping up on eBay recently - someone said they had won it, and had to send it back because it was smelly. Caveat emptor.)
    Be patient, keep eyes peeled, see if my nose picks up on anything fishy...got it Wink That's good to know. Luckily I've no need to buy one ASAP so I can take my time searching. Appreciate all the tips, everyone!

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all! Smilie First off, apologies for potentially asking a repetitive question; I tried my best to search through the forums and wasn't coming up with anything.

I'm really interested in getting my first Tom Bihn—probably a Synapse 19—for an every day bag. However my budget is tight at the moment and I've also been trying to avoid buying things new when unnecessary. If there's a gently used version out there looking for a new home I'd rather go that route!

Was wondering if anyone could point me to any places where I might have some luck finding a used Synapse in good condition? I've checked the usual places—Ebay, Poshmark, etc.—and haven't seen too many options. Might be a shot in the dark but I'm curious if there is something akin to Patagonia's Worn Wear or something similar that everyone knows about but I'm simply not in the loop.

If anyone's had any luck with this and can offer any advice, I'd appreciate it tons! Thanks in advance Big Grin
    I’ve seen a few Synapse 19’s on Ebay.

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    I’ve seen a few Synapse 19’s on Ebay.

Yep! Already bookmarked and I'm watching it closely Wink Thanks!

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Agreed. I’m thinking of selling my new-ish S19 once I receive my S22, assuming I love the S22!
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Agreed. I’m thinking of selling my new-ish S19 once I receive my S22, assuming I love the S22!
    Nice to know it seems like a good time for me to be on the lookout Smilie Hope you do end up loving your new S22!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reddit.com/r/onebag
    Redditcom/r/manybaggers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to know it seems like a good time for me to be on the lookout Smilie Hope you do end up loving your new S22!
    Most of the Syniks will ship in later Oct. if you see something you love now, then jump. But if you don’t see something right away, don’t fret until later in the year. Regular production will start shipping in Dec, and then there might be even more Synapses.
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). S22 (Aubergine)SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - including Nik's #4 wallets, ghost whales, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To piggyback off this thread, how are people finding deals on TB bags? I have an ebay search set up and at most I've seen used bags selling for $30 less than the TB retail price. That doesn't really seem like a deal to me and it's better to just buy new. Since these bags hold their value so well and out of production bags/colors sell for well over the retail price, I feel like buyers just can't win and it's a seller's market.

I'm trying to find a used A30 because I'm curious to see how it compares to my A45, but I don't want to pay more than $250 for it since it'd be a duplicate bag in a sense. That price shouldn't be so crazy out of reach in a used market (it's only $50 off retail), but no A30's are selling (incl. shipping cost) at that price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast