Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW.

Not only your first Tom Bihn purchase, but you immediately upped the game by pimping it out with WALNUT fobs on your zipper pulls!

Well done!!

I've got so many Tom Bihn bags at this point, I'm almost (almost!) embarrassed to admit. In addition to my travel bags, my EDC collection includes:

-- Ristretto in Verde
    -- Pilot in Coyote
    -- Co-Pilot in Aubergine
    -- Medium Cafe Bag in Nebulous Grey
    -- Small Cafe Bag in Burnt Orange
    -- Side Kick in Nebulous Grey
    -- Pop Tote in Aubergine

I choose each according to the outfit of the day, along with how much I need to carry.

For casual carry (no work or errands), my new go-to is the Side Kick. It really is the perfect size for all of the essentials.

However ...

Being a voracious reader, I don't like that I can't easily tuck a newspaper or magazine inside the Side Kick. Nor can I carry whichever book I'm reading at the time, as it takes up the entirety of the space inside (if it fits at all).

The Small Cafe Bag does accommodate nearly any size book, plus magazines (they just fit width-wise and stick out of the top, but the flap still covers them when closed -- not ideal, but it works).

Anyway -- welcome to the Bihn family!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Being a voracious reader, I don't like that I can't easily tuck a newspaper or magazine inside the Side Kick. Nor can I carry whichever book I'm reading at the time, as it takes up the entirety of the space inside (if it fits at all)."

Yes, this is my main issue, and why I hope that they figure out a way to offer a PCSB option that's a little more...bag-like. If I only used ebooks, it'd be perfect.

Manhattan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by setrombley View Post
    Yes, this is my main issue, and why I hope that they figure out a way to offer a PCSB option that's a little more...bag-like. If I only used ebooks, it'd be perfect.
    Sorry, but being a writer, I consider e-books to be about as much of a blasphemy as ketchup on a steak.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    Sorry, but being a writer, I consider e-books to be about as much of a blasphemy as ketchup on a steak.
    I like nothing better than to curl up with a real physical book... but when I travel on a plane, the Kindle comes instead of paper. It's small, lightweight, and holds a library... carrying as many physical books as I can read in a week is problematic when I'm packing carryon for a plane. There are either several novels or one large non-fiction history book to contend with...
    For most of my favorite books that I reread (fiction and non-fiction) I actually buy both the physical book and the Kindle version.

(ETA, I'm with you on the steak/ketchup thing though)
    Last edited by G42; 09-24-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I like nothing better than to curl up with a real physical book... but when I travel on a plane, the Kindle comes instead of paper. It's small, lightweight, and holds a library... carrying as many physical books as I can read in a week is problematic when I'm packing carryon for a plane. There are either several novels or one large non-fiction history book to contend with...
    For most of my favorite books that I reread (fiction and non-fiction) I actually buy both the physical book and the Kindle version.

(ETA, I'm with you on the steak/ketchup thing though)
    I personally prefer paper for books and especially magazines but e-versions are so handy for travel.

Iíve been getting some ebooks to read to my kids while traveling and itís been great for that. Most often I will get the e-version of a library favorite (we always have a dozen kidsí books out of the library at any one time). The kidsí e-books look the same and have the same illustrations except I can have several of them and they arenít all different sizes and shapes (all large in at least one dimension!) with half of them in hardback. I used to try and get tiny kidsí books for travel but the selection is rather limited.

I can even get ebooks lent to me through my library, on my own device!

The thing I donít like about ebooks is that I canít lend them to friends. Also, I donít like that if my kids see me reading an ebook it just looks like I am messing around on my phone/iPad.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I personally prefer paper for books and especially magazines but e-versions are so handy for travel.

Iíve been getting some ebooks to read to my kids while traveling and itís been great for that. Most often I will get the e-version of a library favorite (we always have a dozen kidsí books out of the library at any one time). The kidsí e-books look the same and have the same illustrations except I can have several of them and they arenít all different sizes and shapes (all large in at least one dimension!) with half of them in hardback. I used to try and get tiny kidsí books for travel but the selection is rather limited.

I can even get ebooks lent to me through my library, on my own device!

The thing I donít like about ebooks is that I canít lend them to friends. Also, I donít like that if my kids see me reading an ebook it just looks like I am messing around on my phone/iPad.
    You can lend certain titles to friends via Kindle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Forum Member Generic Industries's Avatar
    Coming to you live from Virginia.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCWriter View Post
    WOW.
    Thanks for the kind words and welcome, NYCwriter. Looks like you have yourself some nice options in your list up there.

I certainly can't see myself stuffing a newspaper in the bag or a copy of the New Yorker in the Side Kick!

I've never had or used an e-reader but have been tempted. I could appreciate keeping my current book, my newspaper subscriptions and my magazines all on a single, small device. That said, I'm not often in a situation where I have a chance to read outside of the house.

Forum Member
    Paris, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Great pics and post, but i wonder, is it a black or a grey one ? It looks beautiful on these photos. Thanks !

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like nebulous gray. :-)
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pna View Post
    Hi,
    Great pics and post, but i wonder, is it a black or a grey one ? It looks beautiful on these photos. Thanks !
    I agree... nebulous grey with NW Sky interior.
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)

Forum Member
    Paris, France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
    I agree... nebulous grey with NW Sky interior.
    Thank you, because I was almost sure that it was a black one a little bit bleached by the flash, and also because that I imagined that the gray color was lighter than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2