Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 TC's in back of a COPILOT?

Will 2 TC's fit in the back of a copilot? I know the height fits (10" copilot, 7.3" TC), but the width looks to be the question (11.8" copilot, 5.7" TC)

Pics would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t check right now - but I’m pretty confident it would work. I think the 11.8”width is pretty conservative.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had posted this in another forum category and got an answer (no photo though), but thank you for wading through and finding this one! It appears that they do fit as long as they are not over-stuffed. And I misquoted, it is the Main zipper compartment I was wondering about, not the pocket on the back of the bag. If you want to take a photo of 2 TC's in the main compartment, that would be GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I canít check right now - but Iím pretty confident it would work. I think the 11.8Ēwidth is pretty conservative.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I can’t check right now - but I’m pretty confident it would work. I think the 11.8”width is pretty conservative.
    Pictures and answers given in this thread with similar name, but in a different sub-forum:
    Excerpting a photo:

Basic answer is yes, if Cubelets are not too tightly filled. This is tighter than you might guess, because at the side of each Cubelet webbing tabs with O-rings for attaching shoulder straps stick out on either side of each TC at exactly the same height.

This is a picture (taken quickly last night under artificial lighting) of my Steel/Solar (1050d Ballistic Nylon) Co-Pilot holding a Mars Red 525d Travel Cubelet next to a Viridian 210d Travel Cubelet (underfilled so it just holds a standard paperback). The back pockets are holding an Azalea 3D clear Organizer cube on one side and a Kindle Paperwhite in case next to a Leuchtturm1917 slim, soft cover notebook, B6 size.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Moriond, I am so glad to have a photo! And it looks like you can still use the back pockets in addition, what a plus! Now to decide on color for a CP!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Pictures and answers given in this thread with similar name, but in a different sub-forum:
    Excerpting a photo:

Basic answer is yes, if Cubelets are not too tightly filled. This is tighter than you might guess, because at the side of each Cubelet webbing tabs with O-rings for attaching shoulder straps stick out on either side of each TC at exactly the same height.

This is a picture (taken quickly last night under artificial lighting) of my Steel/Solar (1050d Ballistic Nylon) Co-Pilot holding a Mars Red 525d Travel Cubelet next to a Viridian 210d Travel Cubelet (underfilled so it just holds a standard paperback). The back pockets are holding an Azalea 3D clear Organizer cube on one side and a Kindle Paperwhite in case next to a Leuchtturm1917 slim, soft cover notebook, B6 size.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Thanks Moriond, I am so glad to have a photo! And it looks like you can still use the back pockets in addition, what a plus! Now to decide on color for a CP!
    So inquiring minds want to know....what color did you end up with?

Chris
    Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel (Burnt Orange)