Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior Colors that match OG halycon

What colors (contrasting or matching, besides black) looks the best with original halycon. I have a CP, MCB, and PU all in OG halycon and plan on getting Aeronaut 30 in same color. What colors in the pop totes and yeoman duffels looks best. Not too worried about interior colors.Any and all pics with examples would be great.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of the colors would work. Isn't there a color you've been drooling over?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Halcyon is black and white, every TB color goes with it.

You can make a cool muted ensemble with grays and navy, a cool bright one with Aubergine and Dawn, a warm bright one with Coyote and Burnt Orange.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-27-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I think most of the colors would work. Isn't there a color you've been drooling over?
    I do like coyote and paired a LZTSB with my OG MCB and thought it looked ok (helps I'm a Saints fan too) but wasn't sure. I was curious about the alphaviolet pop tote for a pop of color but it may be too much. I have viridian PCSB, SZTSB and accessories while I love this color and thought this would be my contrasting color I don't like the way it feels in hand or folds. I love how coyote feels in Exterior Colors  that match OG halycon ,any others colors feel like coyote?

Pic of when I paired the coyote and OG (coyote pic looked more mustard than is)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Original Halcyon is black and white, every TB color goes with it.

You can make a cool muted ensemble with grays and navy, a cool bright one with Aubergine and Dawn, a warm bright one with Coyote and Burnt Orange.
    Thanks I do like the coyote and burnt orange and think this may be the way I go. Thanx for the input

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincess1112 View Post
    I was curious about the alphaviolet pop tote for a pop of color but it may be too much.
    I have a Cubelet in Alphaviolet, a Super Mini GWOP and Sz1 TSS in Viridian and a Clear Pencil Pouch in Azalea! I tuck them into my other bags, and when I see them, they make me smile. Because I don't have enough clothes in coordinating colors to want them for my EDC, I enjoy them in small ways.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here’s an additional suggestion for your color combinations with original Halcyon: if you are trying to combine it with other, brighter colors and also have these work well together without necessarily going to black, try something like Nebulous Gray or Steel. You already have a Nebulous Gray Synapse, so you can check that these combinations work well with both your original Halcyon bags and with the accessory colors you listed in your introductory post, as well as with Burnt Orange and Coyote. The Yeoman Duffels are still being made in 1050d Ballistic, so this is also your opportunity to see the extraluminous quality of both those colors (Burnt Orange and Coyote) in the larger fibers. I think both these colors really look better in 1050d vs 525d Ballistic, and I love the sheen on my Burnt Orange Yeoman Duffel.

Also, remember that you can also still find 1050d Coyote Pouches and accessories in the Skookum Dog line

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-27-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u so much. I didn't realize the 1050 ballistic is even sheener than the 525 . I do like how my nebulous S19 pairs with it. Appreciate all the input. I'm kinda OCD with wanting everything to match but I just started buying TB products like a mad woman strictly based on the mood at the time lol, so I'm kinda all over the place and trying to pair it all nicely now. I realize after purchasing different colors... what I like and don't like. Love the color Veridian but don't like how it feels, love how coyote feels but not the funnest color. So I do like softer touch materials and bags hence the OG halycon. Once again thanks for all the input

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the sheen on my Burnt Orange Yeoman Duffel.

HTH

moriond[/QUOTE]

Is your burnt orange yeoman soft or stiff? I was always worried the 1050 ballistic would be real stiff like my GoRu#&. Thatís why Iím not a fan of Go#&$*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyprincess1112 View Post
    Is your burnt orange yeoman soft or stiff? I was always worried the 1050 ballistic would be real stiff like my GoRu#&. That’s why I’m not a fan of Go#&$*
    All the 1050d ballistic nylon starts out fairly stiff and softens over time.

I agree with others that any of TB's exterior colors will work fine with Original Halcyon, but I'll put in a plug for Mars Red because I especially like it and Original Halcyon together!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    All the 1050d ballistic nylon starts out fairly stiff and softens over time.

I agree with others that any of TB's exterior colors will work fine with Original Halcyon, but I'll put in a plug for Mars Red because I especially like it and Original Halcyon together!
    I was just looking at my Mars Red Cubelet last night and thought hmm I kinda like that too , lol. Too many great colors to choose from. I think I'll put them all in my wishlist (have a bday coming up in Nov.) and send my list to my family and see what they pick out bc my anxiety is up trying to decide myself Exterior Colors  that match OG halycon Ya have been a great help but at the same time not so much bc ya all are right... all the colors match
    First world problems smh
    Thanx for the great input