Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me the 1050d seems like the perfect weight for my RB36. It’s also true that it’s less shiny than 525d, wich I think is a good thing for a bag this size. Besides, I far prefer Steel to Nebulous Grey. If I ever buy another big bag I would prefer it to be 1050d over 525d.

I like the 525 in my smaller bags though (Café Bags, DLBP).

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by horizon99 View Post
    ... I expect durability not immortality!!

Welcome to the Forums @horizon99!

Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that the Aeronaut is now available in 525d. Has anyone got their hands on one yet? Does the fabric work well in a design like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I originally bought an A30 and A45 in 1050d thinking I wanted/needed more durability or stiffness. I have since bought an Original/Island A30 and I prefer it over the 1050 ballistic for the flexibility/feel in packing and carrying.

After using / packing a variety of bags over the past two years, I've migrated to the 400d as my preferred exterior, especially for the smaller bags. The bags that I still have in ballistic or cordura is because I love the colour so much or haven't freed up the money to replace them yet.

I'm one of the folks bummed that we're going down to only one 400d halcyon colour.
    Hey G42, I just returned my nebulous gray 525 for the 1050. Lol. Nebulous gray was a really cool color in person. Idk we shall see. If I make another return TB will think I'm crazy lol. I really also like the burnt orange color.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkonthank1 View Post
    Hey G42, I just returned my nebulous gray 525 for the 1050. Lol. Nebulous gray was a really cool color in person. Idk we shall see. If I make another return TB will think I'm crazy lol. I really also like the burnt orange color.

I really really like all the awesome colours and fabrics that TB has... It's great that they have a variety to offer different looks and performance for different folks. I hope you enjoy the 1050d ballistic.
    The only main item i have left in 1050 is my A45 in Steel, because STEEL Smilie
    I have several different Yeoman Duffels that are also made of 1050, but I have them for the simple size/utility vs the fabric. Oh, and a Road Buddy in 1050 Verde, simple because it was being discontinued and I wanted a chance to see what that design would offer to me vs the A30 and A45.
    Yes, an embarrassment of riches
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to add my vote for keeping 1050 as an option.

Hoping the forthcoming Trinity bag has 1050 as a choice, at least in Black.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    I would like to add my vote for keeping 1050 as an option.

Hoping the forthcoming Trinity bag has 1050 as a choice, at least in Black.
    So my TriStar came in steel 1050 and I am so glad I returned the nebulous gray 525. Not that I didnt like it but steel has an iridescent quality vs. Being shiny. I hope the new bags can still keep 1050 in.colors as well since the fabric is made here in the USA and produced as well. Not too many things are any more.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5