Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any NON-Apple iPad 12 case that fits in Synik 22?

I have a Fintie case, which I like very much, but it doesn't fit in the Synik's dedicated space. I don't LIKE Apple's case, so I really don't want to shell out $200 for it.

Surely there's a case out there that would work????

I don't wanna return my Synik, but I need to bring my pro with me on trips...
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How close is the existing Fintie case to fitting? Based on a quick skim, I'm guessing it's about 9.3 inches wide and 0.7 inches deep when closed with the iPad inside.

A glance online didn't find any third-party keyboard cases less than 9 inches wide, but it's hard to find exact dimensions for some of them. If the 9.3 is "almost" narrow enough, then maybe the 9.03 of the Logitech case would fit? (Note that it's still greater than the recommended size.)

Another option could be a thinner non-keyboard case/stand and a separate Bluetooth keyboard.

Depending on how much effort you want to put into the bag, you could even consider leaving the iPad "bare" in the backpack's laptop compartment and keeping the keyboard/case in the main compartment or its elastic pocket (or even keeping the encased iPad there and putting some other thin objects in the laptop compartment).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Fintie case is definitely thick, and I think its thickery is what makes it impossible to angle it in. The iPad on its own is maybe .3 inches? And it slips right in. Also, the Fintie case is that sticky-rubbery kind of fake-leather feel.

The thing is, it's such a waste of space to put the iPad in and put the Fintie in separately. And if Iput the iPad wrapped in the Fintie into the main compartment, then, if I'm on transatlantic flights and want to get my iPad out and write, or even watch videos, there goes all the practicality of the 22.
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    How close is the existing Fintie case to fitting? Based on a quick skim, I'm guessing it's about 9.3 inches wide and 0.7 inches deep when closed with the iPad inside.

A glance online didn't find any third-party keyboard cases less than 9 inches wide, but it's hard to find exact dimensions for some of them. If the 9.3 is "almost" narrow enough, then maybe the 9.03 of the Logitech case would fit? (Note that it's still greater than the recommended size.)

Another option could be a thinner non-keyboard case/stand and a separate Bluetooth keyboard.

Depending on how much effort you want to put into the bag, you could even consider leaving the iPad "bare" in the backpack's laptop compartment and keeping the keyboard/case in the main compartment or its elastic pocket (or even keeping the encased iPad there and putting some other thin objects in the laptop compartment).
    I just ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-Detach.../dp/B07MNFDQ74. I can always return it if it's still too thick... and return the Synik 22 (NOOOooooooo)

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I just ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-Detach.../dp/B07MNFDQ74. I can always return it if it's still too thick... and return the Synik 22 (NOOOooooooo)
    I have the smaller version of this case for my 11" iPad. It's much slimmer than the Fintie case and smooth so slipping the iPad into the Synik is easy. https://www.amazon.com/Ztotop-Premiu...360061&sr=8-16

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Emotion keyboard case arrives tomorrow ... I'll keep y'all posted! Here's hoping it will fit in the Synik...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend a Zugu case (plus separate Bluetooth keyboard, if you want one).

It is thin, professional looking, protective, and durable. The case may be a bit pricey for a case, but in my opinion, the quality makes it totally worth it. It has a built-in angled stand with magnets to keep the stand in place, drop and shock protection, and even a place to store the Apple pencil (if you have one). I’ve used one for my 2nd gen pro for years, and have never had a problem with it.

To be honest, I wish Apples’ official case was more like the Zugu case...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry, I didn’t see that you had already ordered a case.