Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Minneapolis
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually use my DLBP for this, but I also like my Matador FreeRain, and it's great in situations where you really need waterproof vs. water resistant.

ETA: I just pulled up the Matador site, and they've changed the design since I purchased my FreeRain, so I can't speak to how the bag is now.
    Last edited by kathryn; 11-01-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    I've never seen one in person, but as far as I can tell from their web site the ultra sil day back has no external or external organization of any kind. It seems to be just a 20L zippered bag with backpack straps. Am I missing something?
    That's correct. They're simple zippered backpacks with one big compartment. But as I mentioned above, the older model packs to the size of a tangerine and the newer, even lighter model could fit inside a hollow golf ball.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalonian View Post
    It seems to be just a 20L zippered bag with backpack straps
    That's it, very minimalist. I use the PCBP in a similar capacity, but it's just the kind of thing to have at the beach to keep the sand out of your main bag, or carrying jackets and water bottles around while sightseeing. I'd probably use something like the ultra-sil if the PCBP wasn't so versatile a partner with the WF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2