Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on the 11/5 Synik restock colors

Quote Originally Posted by Inkdependence View Post
    My bag arrived today (finally!), and the red is not what I was expecting. The site shows a really bright red, and the actual bag is a dark brick sort of red. Almost maroon, really. Itís okay, but itís not at all what I was expecting from the pictures online. Yíall might want to rephotograph that material.
    Yeah I agree, Mars Red is really different than the pics-for some reason it is incredibly different to capture the real color in a photograph. It really is Mars colored. If youíve seen The Martian, or any photographs of Mars, itís that color. More like Rust.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like Rust.
    Oh, that's interesting. I briefly considered getting the red when I ordered my SN22 but shied away from it because the pics made it look so bright. I may have gone for it had I known it was more towards rust. Oh well, very happy with my deep blue.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say Orange probably has this issue too, looking at the pics on the site I would never buy a bag that bright for EDC personally, but in person it is much more subtle and quite nice.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkdependence View Post
    My bag arrived today (finally!), and the red is not what I was expecting. The site shows a really bright red, and the actual bag is a dark brick sort of red. Almost maroon, really. It’s okay, but it’s not at all what I was expecting from the pictures online. Y’all might want to rephotograph that material.
    Some colors are very difficult to photograph accurately, and also change with lightning and reflectivity. Under standard lighting, colors on the product page can tend to look too bright. One of the reasons people find the forums discussion useful is that people will show bags and accessories in other lighting conditions, and chime in with their impressions of the fabric and its texture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Yeah I agree, Mars Red is really different than the pics-for some reason it is incredibly different to capture the real color in a photograph. It really is Mars colored. If you’ve seen The Martian, or any photographs of Mars, it’s that color. More like Rust.
    @gochicken took pictures of some fabric/color combinations in her Pantone Color Pictures thread. Here's the picture for Mars Red:
    Update on the 11/5 Synik restock colors-fe5656b42ebafeae7c544e46494c722c-jpg
    The Pantone color shades are given beside it as a color reference

Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Oh, that's interesting. I briefly considered getting the red when I ordered my SN22 but shied away from it because the pics made it look so bright. I may have gone for it had I known it was more towards rust. Oh well, very happy with my deep blue.
    There are also some color accurate pictures of Mars Red (and other accessories). You can see some of the discussion in the Color description? thread, but I would go to @Awbee's Sick Kicks + Cubelets in New 525 Ballistic Colors thread and look at the Side Kicks and cubelets there (including) Mars Red taken under a variety of lighting conditions (I'll just excerpt a couple that have different lighting; you can find a lot more, including of different colors in that thread):

Page 129 of the Your Photos are Needed thread has a lot of Mars Red bags/accessories Start with @maverick's "Afternoon Mars Red pick-me-up" photo [08-17-2017, #1925] of a cafe bag, then look at @ceepee's Mars Red Brain Bag
    photos
    [#1928, #1932], @maverick's Cafe Bag again (post-hiking, with dirt before cleaning, and in different lighting) [#1934] and @terayon's Mars Red Synapse 19 [#1935]. Some of these photos show Mars Red Cubelets inside the bag, as well. You can find more pictures throughout the forums, but these show the effect of different lighting on a range of products on one page. And if you were to look for comparison with the picture @maverick posted just today [#2777] of a Guide's Edition Synapse25 in Mars Red/Coyote, you'd say that the daylight lighting made that bag close to the brighter product page colors of Mars Red.

Quote Originally Posted by BihnBag View Post
    I would say Orange probably has this issue too, looking at the pics on the site I would never buy a bag that bright for EDC personally, but in person it is much more subtle and quite nice.
    I'll just note that there are no Pantone color pictures of Burnt Orange Ballistic Nylon in the earlier thread -- @gochicken only had the Cordura Burnt Orange. But a good place to check for more color pictures are in the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch threads (or sample the colors by buying pouches in the colors you're interested in). From the New pouches here's another example of Mars Red and Cloud that @bartleby posted:

ETA: Another good source of pictures of the different colors (including Burnt Orange 525d Ballistic Nylon) is the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch Video on the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch product page. (They show Burnt Orange 525d for the Small GWOP, and also Coyote 210d and Coyote Mesh Mini GWOPs in the middle of the video). I've edited this post to add direct links to the posts in the middle of the long Your Photos are Needed Thread, because links to "web pages" in a long thread don't play well with the TapaTalk app. You only need to tap the link to the first post, and then you can scroll down to access the others that were linked to the Your Pictures are Needed thread.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-18-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2