Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update on the 11/5 Synik restock colors

Just as a reminder, here are the dates for the Synik 22 and Synik 30 restocks:

First 1/2 of Synik restock: Tuesday, November 5th, at 7:00am Pacific Time
    Second 1/2 of Synik restock: Thursday, November 7th, at 5:00pm Pacific Time

And here's the update: we have some extra Synik 22 and Synik 30s in colors that were offered during pre-order but havenít been offered since and may or may not be offered again. Here's the list:

Synik 22-Black 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synik 22-Black 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    Synik 22-Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synik 22-Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Synik 22-Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon
    Synik 22-Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Wasabi 200 Halcyon

Synik 30-Black 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synik 30-Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    Synik 30-Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Dawn 210 Ballistic
    Synik 30-Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon

There's limited quantities of each and all of these pre-order colors will be added on the 11/5 restock.

Additionally, we're low on our Steel 420d Parapack fabric supply, and we want to save the remaining amount for special projects. That means we're now lining the 420d Parapack exterior Syniks with 210d Cloud. But, before the Steel 420d Parapack ran low, we made at least some Black and Navy exterior Syniks with Steel Parapack lining. If you're still with me and your eyes haven't glazed over, that means that tomorrow we'll be offering all of these Parapack options:

Black 420d Parapack/Steel 420d Parapack
    Black 420d Parapack/Cloud 210d ballistic

Navy 420d Parapack/Steel 420d Parapack
    Navy 420d Parapack/Cloud 210d ballistic
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect timing Darcy. I just came on to ask a question in preparation for tomorrow. I'm interested in a blue Synik but wondering which one is the brightest blue between Navy and Deep Blue. From what I can tell from looking over various pics and reviews it seems like the answer is Deep Blue.

Also, where does one see an example of a Coyote interior?

Thanks

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Perfect timing Darcy. I just came on to ask a question in preparation for tomorrow. I'm interested in a blue Synik but wondering which one is the brightest blue between Navy and Deep Blue. From what I can tell from looking over various pics and reviews it seems like the answer is Deep Blue.

Also, where does one see an example of a Coyote interior?

Thanks
    Deep Blue is definitely brighter. I think these photos by @shoplarry show off the Coyote 210d interior well.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And here's the update: we have some extra Synik 22 and Synik 30s in colors that were offered during pre-order but haven’t been offered since and may or may not be offered again.
    Are the pre-order units identical to the newly produced ones, or were there tweaks after the pre-order production?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Darcy. Just ordered a SN22 in deep blue and Iberian. Coyote just doesn’t do it for me.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get it pretty soon as I leave for Costa Rica on Sunday. I did pay for faster shipping for that helps. I’ll just have to take my S19 if it doesn’t arrive in time. Boohoo.

Forum Member
    Munich, Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pacific Time
    You guys might want to include this tidbit on the product page as well Smilie

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any plans in the future to produce Syniks with a steel 420d Parapack exterior (assuming you can get more steel 420d Parapack)?

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooose View Post
    Are the pre-order units identical to the newly produced ones, or were there tweaks after the pre-order production?
    No tweaks after the pre-order production. Some of the Synik 22s in Black/Cloud (only that color) are from the PPB batch and have very minor differences; for example, they have the usual drill holes for logo label placement that all of our bags do... wheras Syniks produced after those 22s in Black/Cloud do not have the drill holes for the logo label. We haven't told anyone about this because we're still conducting efficiency tests to see if we can sew the logo labels on our bags w/out the drill holes without slowing down production. This is an effort meant to be a nod to those who want to remove the logo label from their bags (and don't want the tiny drill holes that would otherwise be left behind.)

Quote Originally Posted by logella View Post
    Thanks Darcy. Just ordered a SN22 in deep blue and Iberian. Coyote just doesn’t do it for me.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get it pretty soon as I leave for Costa Rica on Sunday. I did pay for faster shipping for that helps. I’ll just have to take my S19 if it doesn’t arrive in time. Boohoo.
    PM me your order # or send to darcy@tombihn.com and I'll personally check. You can also always live chat our CS crew Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
    You guys might want to include this tidbit [Pacific Time] on the product page as well Smilie
    Wait, I think we did? Do you see it there, Pacific Time? Or let me know if you don't or where you mean. It is an important part!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRock View Post
    Are there any plans in the future to produce Syniks with a steel 420d Parapack exterior (assuming you can get more steel 420d Parapack)?
    Well... by way of a recent episode of human error, yes. There as a mix-up and we accidentally cut some 420d Parapack Steel exteriors instead of interiors. These bags won't be available later this year or early next, though. At this time, we don't plan to order more Steel Parapack; when it's gone, it'll be gone. (Sorry, I just realized that means we should have updated the Colors Thread... just did that.)
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-05-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any word on what colors the Synik 30 is going to be on 11/7?

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkdependence View Post
    Is there any word on what colors the Synik 30 is going to be on 11/7?
    Yes: the colors listed on the Synik pages as either In Stock or In Production will be the colors available on 11/7.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof. So many choices. I think I'm leaning towards the red or the grey.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI: just wanted to make sure everyone knew since it's past our usual hours (we close at 3:00pm typically) that we're still around to answer questions about the Synik or ordering here and on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and live chat on the website until about 6pm Pacific Time.

Oof. So many choices. I think I'm leaning towards the red or the grey.
    That's a tough choice... might be a coin flip!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a tough choice... might be a coin flip!
    Went with a red one, and I'm psyched about it. :-D

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with a red one, and I'm psyched about it. :-D
    I'm glad you got one because it looks like it sold out!

Thanks to everyone who live chatted me and Nik last night -- you were very patient with us! I felt nervous a little bit because it's been so long since I did live chat but it ended up being really fun.

We're having some production conversations today... sorting out what Syniks will be restocked when while taking into account the production of the 12/2 debut items (some of which ended up being last minute because we couldn't stop making little improvements here and there!) I'll post an official update here when we have one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you got one because it looks like it sold out!
    My bag arrived today (finally!), and the red is not what I was expecting. The site shows a really bright red, and the actual bag is a dark brick sort of red. Almost maroon, really. It’s okay, but it’s not at all what I was expecting from the pictures online. Y’all might want to rephotograph that material.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast